Football Manager 2011

Viva Rivaldo said:
Damocles said:
Instead, my major transfer spending has been on excellent prospects from youth academies around the world, who I blood into City when they're under 18, then promote to the first team when they're ready.
I subscribe to this philosophy too. I hate making expensive signings; got some quality freebies after 1-2 years too, including Thiago, Kaka, Destro, Santon + Kroos. I usually spend about an hour each July finding the best 14-15 year olds and sniping them, then loaning out all my 17 year olds that I've previously purchased. I control about 50% of all the good young footballers in the world. I love youth.

Peados

----------Tevez-----Torres----------
Hazard-----------------------Sanchez
----------Wilshire----Milner----------
-------------------------------------
Bale------Chiellini-----Kjaer---Richards
------------------Hart----------------

Y.Toure and Silva injured.

Edit:

What do you have to do when a player is unhappy and saying there is lack of discipline?

PSmyth07 said:

Edit:

What do you have to do when a player is unhappy and saying there is lack of discipline?
Quality team. How did you get Wilshire? Arsenal wouldn't sell him to me! And who's unhappy in your club?

You don't really need to sign many players on it if you're being City. I signed Srna, who has been quality mostly. On the other hand, I also signed Coentrao who has been poor and is currently on a leave of absence. Going to try and make one big signing in the centre of midfield, then I'm going to focus more on youth.
So far I've signed Phil Jones, who spent the first season on loan at Watford, a Spaniard called Kevin (imagine him and Alan in the same side!), Zeli Ismail, and a regen from West Ham. Going to look at more youth.

Won the Premiership and the Europa League in my first season, going unbeaten in the Premiership. Currently on 49 games unbeaten, one more for the record! I've won all four Champions League group games so far and in the quarter finals of the League Cup. My aim is to win the quadruple, then try and win it again until I hold every trophy there is possible to win.

As for players, Balotelli underperformed a bit in my first season, Kolo Toure was brilliant, scoring quite a few goals. Kolarov got off to a slow start but he is gradually getting better, Silva has struggled to get a starting place every week, due to one injury he had, and how well Johnson played while he was out.
I play a 4-5-1, meaning it's hard to get him, Johnson, Tevez, Silva and Balotelli all into the same team.
Adebayor has been quite useful for me, has quite a good goal scoring ratio, but currently can't get into the team for league games ahead of Tevez.

One thing that annoys me is how hard it is to get rid of players. Santa Cruz, it took me more than a season to get him off the books, I'm still paying a small part of Jo's wages. Bridge wouldn't join Stoke, probably because they couldn't give him the wages he wanted, so he is still on the books but out on loan at Sunderland. Nobody wants Michael Johnson, Wright-Phillips got injured in pre season in the second season meaning I couldn't sell him, and nobody would buy Bellamy off me for the price I wanted, meaning I have him in the reserves on £80,000 a week, I agreed with him to terminate his contract but the board stopped it because the compensation would be too high. It's just so annoying with these players! Either I can't get rid of them or I can't get the fee I want for them!

Motty said:
One thing that annoys me is how hard it is to get rid of players. Santa Cruz, it took me more than a season to get him off the books, I'm still paying a small part of Jo's wages. Bridge wouldn't join Stoke, probably because they couldn't give him the wages he wanted, so he is still on the books but out on loan at Sunderland. Nobody wants Michael Johnson, Wright-Phillips got injured in pre season in the second season meaning I couldn't sell him, and nobody would buy Bellamy off me for the price I wanted, meaning I have him in the reserves on £80,000 a week, I agreed with him to terminate his contract but the board stopped it because the compensation would be too high. It's just so annoying with these players! Either I can't get rid of them or I can't get the fee I want for them!
Bit like City in real life

Started again as Crewe - wage budget is a bastard! Basically can only sign one decent player before wage budget is reached and board start cancelling deals.

Selling anyone on a decent wage except for Donaldson. After that, my second best striker is 15 years old! City accepted loan bids for Guidetti and Nimely but both rejected the chance to come and play for me! Not surprising really but worth a shot.

Signed ex-Holland international winger Martin Reuser, 35 but looks decent, and also managed to pull of a bit of a coup and sign Collins John, ex of Fulham fame. Couple of Turkish teams interested in him too so quite pleased with that. Trick was to get him in on trial and then his wage demands dropped. He wanted 7.5k originally but we settled on 2.4k and a zero value release fee if we get relegated. Risky but worth it. Plan will be to get at least £1m for him before the season ends anyway and fund some more purchases.

Was set to get Jay Spearing on loan but Bristol Rovers stepped in at last minute. Just sold a couple of players and renegotiated wage budget with board up 1.5k, so brought in Maurice Ross at DR on a free and some pacey French winger who can play either side - gives me options with Reuser too, who is surprisingly quick for 35. Also grabbed a Senegalese defender who can play LB or CB, has French nationality too.

Not at all happy with CB or CM though. Need to shift some other guys on and free up some room on the wage bill. Got my eye on an Argentinian playmaker but just can't afford the wages currently. Agreed a deal then the board cancelled it. He's ex U21 too. Also want another Dutch player, Van Gessel, looks like a bit of a Bosvelt and would toughen up my midfield no end, high work-rate, full of stamina, aggressive tackler but a good pass on him too. Man, this is tough, but I did want something different. And not even played a competitive game yet!

You know exactly who you want or need, but you can't have more than one or two of them because of the wage demands. So you end up signing players with less demands and less skill. Hope everyone else in this League is in the same boat. Loans are the way to go I think.

Awww crap, just drawn Notts Forest away in the League cup. No cup run there then.

Started a new game last week with City and done about 4 seasons in a week (I was off work!)

Current team (Backups in brackets):

Hart

Zabaleta (Richards)
Kompany (Rodriguez)
Jones (Joao - newgen)
Marcelo (Kolarov)

M'vila (Tagg - newgen)

Mouassa Sissoko (Milner)
Silva (Pjanic)

Hazard (James Rodriguez)
Alexis Sanchez (Robben)

Neymar (Benzema)

Squad:

Marco Amelia
Dzeko
Lukaku
A Johnson
And a load of youth players.

Adopted a similar strategy of signing a lot of 16yr olds and paying the compensation. Found loads of kids in Brazil that ive signed but cant join until they are 17. I found a 15yr old recently who's attributes were amazing, I cant wait until he signs.

I've had an up and down start as City manager and was lucky to stay in a job. Had to ask for more time and to be fair to my board, they gave it me and its paid off.

1st season - Finished 6th but won the FA Cup and Carling Cup. Very poor in Europa.

2nd Season - Finished 5th, trophyless.

3rd Season - Finished 2nd, FA Cup.

4th Season - Won the league. Champions League and FA Cup. Broke prem record for goals scored. Finished on 94 points.

5th Season - in October and im 2nd.

My best signing was without doubt Benzema. I got him for £4.5m, was transfer listed at Madrid. He's scored 86 goals in 110 games for me.

I got Taiwo, Rodriguez, Amelia and Robben on Bosmans.

Only this year i've spent big money and went for Neymar, he cost me £40m, I should have got him a year earlier for £25m but he went to Schalke and I hadnt noticed he was going there. He's been electric on his debut season, 15 in 12 so far.

Kept the core of the current City as much as possible and decided to cash in a few players 31+. Barry, Yaya, Kolo, Boateng was pants. Managed to get rid of the dead wood, Bellamy, SWP, Ade pretty easily but cant for the life of me sell M Johnson. He's got a year left on his deal though.

Built a good side but can see me getting bored. I turned down the England job, but I might resign and try a new club in a year or two.

Fergie was sacked, then they got Mike Phelan and he was sacked! Hughes is there now.

Oh and Balotelli was shocking for me. Released him on a free in the end.

SS117 said:
PSmyth07 said:

Edit:

Quality team. How did you get Wilshire? Arsenal wouldn't sell him to me! And who's unhappy in your club?

Arsenal didn't want him, got him for £5.5m. Didn't even need him but can't turn that down, bargain.

Got offered Baines for £4.5m too but not sure whether to buy him because I want another left back so I can put Bale forward.

Torres and Y.Toure are unhappy for not showing enough discipline.

Gave up with City, far too easy. Only real first teamers I signed were Dzeko for £25m who cant stop scoring (25 in 1st season, 32 in 2nd) and Hazard for £18m, was quality but struggled in his 2nd season. Lukaku and Sanogo as back up strikers. Signed Mata and Pique in my 2nd season, spent most of my transfer fees on amazing youth talent. Sold or loaned all deadwood to get them off the wage bill. One tip, stick with Kolarov, he's quality, had the highest average rating in both seasons, just set his training focus to positioning and he becomes the best in the world.

1st season lost 1 game, last one of the season vs Fulham because I playe my kids to rest players ahead of the FA Cup final. Won Prem, League Cup, FA Cup and Europa at a walk. 2nd season won every cup and went unbeaten, finished Prem about 20 points clear, won every game. Played a possession based controlling asymmetrical 4-2-3-1 that I made myself. Anyone wants to give it a go, I'll more than happily upload it somewhere for you to try!

Just started a new game as Wrexham, hopefully it'll present more of a challenge when I actually have to work to sign players and can't sign everyone I want.

After winning almost everything possible with City I've started a new game as Bari in the Serie A but after a month or so in FM time, they were taken over by a tycoon who promised 73 Million pounds on players and 30 million on facilities I had already agreed the expectations and budgets before the takeover so when he eventually completes it the facilities are updated but I am left with my old budget of 800,000 pounds for transfers, I've tried going to boardroom request but it won't let me ask them for more transfer budget. Has this ever happened to you? If so what do you have to do to get more budget

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.