Football Manager 2011

yozzer said:
hah my son is on that game ,2k lololol
A real twat is on that game, forgot how much he's worth but he's a GK in the Bury youth team. Got great pleasure when my scout pretty much said he's the shittiest player he's ever seen!

I don't understand the scouting.

"Player X is a __________

Currently, Player Y is the best ________ at the club and feels that Player X wouldn't be as good.

Scout A thinks Player X would be a quality signing."

What?

PSmyth07 said:

Currently, Player Y is the best ________ at the club and feels that Player X wouldn't be as good.

What?
X would be a good signing but doesn't have the ability or the potential of Y. I agree that the comparisons with the best player in that position can be unclear at times, perhaps a table of all players in the position would be more helpful?

MCFC 4 EVER said:
I am looking for a decent back up keeper anyone got any ideas? Price between 0-2Million

If right at start of game, get Alex Smithies from Huddersfield - will be come very good, english and only 800k or so. Probably will be available later but no idea on value later in the game.

I have just started and now in December with City. Didnt lose for 18 games then got beat off sunderland, signed darren Bent for 5.5m who is coming in Jan. Gor van Nistlerooy for 1.3 mill as Ade was injured and ballotelli plays wide right, he has scored a fair few tbf. bought sanchez who is class. was 1st for ages now dropped to 3rd. lost to sundeland, birmingham and bolton wither side of a 4-3 win over united. seem to be losing my way a little now. Do I need to change tactics?

Just beat Barcelona in the final of the Champions League 5-1. Won everything and didn't lose in the PL.

greasykieth said:
I have just started and now in December with City. Didnt lose for 18 games then got beat off sunderland, signed darren Bent for 5.5m who is coming in Jan. Gor van Nistlerooy for 1.3 mill as Ade was injured and ballotelli plays wide right, he has scored a fair few tbf. bought sanchez who is class. was 1st for ages now dropped to 3rd. lost to sundeland, birmingham and bolton wither side of a 4-3 win over united. seem to be losing my way a little now. Do I need to change tactics?

You need to have a look at a ton of variables to figure out why you're losing your way, like how tired your players are, whether they train in the same formation you use, whether the opposition teams are setting up to stifle you, whether your players aren't motivated for smaller opposition etc etc. Save the game before you play a match, and try to change a few things round a couple of times and see where it gets you.

Against the smaller teams, I generally take off my big players and throw in my poached youth prospects. Means the youth put in 110%, and the big players know they can be replaced and work harder (And also are not targeted by the other team.)

PSmyth07 said:

What?

The first bit is just telling you how good he is currently, the second bit tells you his potential. Better scouts will be better at ascertaining how good a player is younger, so you can poach everyone's youth prospects and build them up.

For instance, I have a young left-back who is almost as good as Kolarov (Who's 32 now) but has the potential to be far better than him.

Cheers Dom, I make sure that the team is alway up with a good condition. Silva seems to be injury prone and alway struggles. Going to ship some players but it seems really diffiult, any ips on how to get rid of bridge RSc etc?

In my 4th season with Oldham and every season I lose my best players (they wont agree new contacts) and my wage budget gets slashed every year :/

I'm never gonna get out of league 1!

Oh and my assistant manager keeps telling me to drop players "due to poor form" when then have the best average performance ratings in the team o_0

greasykieth said:
Cheers Dom, I make sure that the team is alway up with a good condition. Silva seems to be injury prone and alway struggles. Going to ship some players but it seems really diffiult, any ips on how to get rid of bridge RSc etc?

Injury-prone players should be put on a separate training regime that's the same as everyone elses except with slightly less aerobic and about half the strength training. Make the workload a bit lighter too. He'll be less effective than a fully fit Silva, but it's a better trade-off to having him injured half the season.

For getting rid of players, it's generally really difficult to get rid of most of Mark Hughes' signings because the game value people on their attributes (Of which Bridge and RSC have none.) You can either offer them to clubs at a cut price to get them off the wage bill or stick them in the reserves so long that their contracts expire or they hate you so much that they'll agree to mutually terminate the contract. Either way, you're not getting more than £10 mil out of them.<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:38 pm --<br /><br />
Rushton121 said:
In my 4th season with Oldham and every season I lose my best players (they wont agree new contacts) and my wage budget gets slashed every year :/

I'm never gonna get out of league 1!

Oh and my assistant manager keeps telling me to drop players "due to poor form" when then have the best average performance ratings in the team o_0

You should take out massive loans and drive the club into debt if you can, then it'll hopefully get bought out by a chairman with more money.

You also need to sign people on 5 year contracts, and get a new assistant manager ^^

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.