Football Manager 2011

Ok, no doubt been mention over the previous forty something pages but Khouma Babacar. Wow. Buy him. I'm in 2016 and he's just become City's all time leading goalscorer after four and a half years at the club. He's still only 23 and is valued at £28.5M.

Doing fairly well. My current team is:
-------------- Hart ---------------
----------------------------------
Aurier --- Boyata --- Wilson - Jose Angel
------------ Crisetig ---------------
-------- Rodwell - Messina ---------- (Messina is a new gen)
----------------------------------
--- Balotelli --- Babacar ---- Tevez ----

My schedule is really crammed, just had to send my B team to Montpellier in the last 16 of the EL, drew 0-0, because I have Chelsea in the FA Cup QF on the saturday lunchtime, ridiculous.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:49 pm --<br /><br />beat Chelsea 2-1 in the cup and got the board to sign me Ashley Cole for £7.5 million, don't need him but he's good and I have 3 LB's(Maxwell, Kolarov and Bridge) so I can sell Bridge now.

Could anyone who's several seasons in tell me if Jordi Amat grows any taller than 5 ft 9.

Not been on for a bit because of work, but I'm roaring away with League 1, shifted out the dead wood and brought in players who will do me well in the Championship. Best mates with Paul Dickov as well, so it's all going brilliantly.

Anyone else playing lower league and made any good signings? I've signed Jeremie Aliadiere and Julio Cruz as my strike force, so not surprising I'm doing well. Got Jake Livermore on loan from Spuds and he's quality. Also an anchorman called Jesus Rueda, who is an absolute beast! Had to pay £120,000 for the privelege, but makes you appreciate the transfer budgets when you get them (take note the guy that paid £80m for Maicon!)

Pride_In_Battle said:
Not been on for a bit because of work, but I'm roaring away with League 1, shifted out the dead wood and brought in players who will do me well in the Championship. Best mates with Paul Dickov as well, so it's all going brilliantly.

Anyone else playing lower league and made any good signings? I've signed Jeremie Aliadiere and Julio Cruz as my strike force, so not surprising I'm doing well. Got Jake Livermore on loan from Spuds and he's quality. Also an anchorman called Jesus Rueda, who is an absolute beast! Had to pay £120,000 for the privelege, but makes you appreciate the transfer budgets when you get them (take note the guy that paid £80m for Maicon!)

I posted quite a few pages back who id signed for Bury. I added Brazil and Argentina leagues and signed a load of youngsters on frees. Mahoto is class for lower league teams, so is M'vila(the crap 1 not the guy at Rennes), Daniele Conti is good too and also Alexandre N'Gadi. I didnt manage to get N'gadi because he went to Roma but if you offer him top wages then i think he would join a league 1/2 team but i didnt want to spend all my wages on 1 player even though hes class. Think he was valued at £3.1m as soon as Roma signed him

niall_mcfc said:
Pride_In_Battle said:

I posted quite a few pages back who id signed for Bury. I added Brazil and Argentina leagues and signed a load of youngsters on frees. Mahoto is class for lower league teams, so is M'vila(the crap 1 not the guy at Rennes), Daniele Conti is good too and also Alexandre N'Gadi. I didnt manage to get N'gadi because he went to Roma but if you offer him top wages then i think he would join a league 1/2 team but i didnt want to spend all my wages on 1 player even though hes class. Think he was valued at £3.1m as soon as Roma signed him

Signed Mahoto, he's pretty decent, being kept out of the side by an Argentinian guy called Leonardo Borzani. Really struggling for decent full backs though. LB is ok for this season, got Michael Ball in on a free and Patrick van Aanholt on loan from Chelsea. RB I've only got a 34yo Moroccan, Walid Regragui and could really do with back up. Keep having to go with 3 at the back when he's injured! Not ideal because I've designated myself as a lower league Roberto Mancini and my full-backs provide my width and crosses

Pride_In_Battle said:
niall_mcfc said:

Signed Mahoto, he's pretty decent, being kept out of the side by an Argentinian guy called Leonardo Borzani. Really struggling for decent full backs though. LB is ok for this season, got Michael Ball in on a free and Patrick van Aanholt on loan from Chelsea. RB I've only got a 34yo Moroccan, Walid Regragui and could really do with back up. Keep having to go with 3 at the back when he's injured! Not ideal because I've designated myself as a lower league Roberto Mancini and my full-backs provide my width and crosses

I signed Soto on a free. My back up for rb was 1 of my cbs who i trained to play rb aswell. In my 2nd season i trained my back up lb to play rb and he slotted in because i sold Soto. So id just advise you to find a versatile cb that youve got train him to play rb. If hes gna play as an attacking rb then pick a fast cb with good stamina

adamgregory said:
simonr555 said:
I got hacked off with my Bury side being unable to score despite dominating games, so I've started one with City. Cheekily bought Rooney for £60m with Utd's board pushing the transfer through. Also bought Lukaku for £5m and got the board to push through a transfer for Srna. Only played 6 league games of which I have won 5 and drawn 1 but top of the table by 1 point.

Do all you can to sign Chiellini, will cost you about £40m but he sorts the defence right out. my current team is;

------------Hart
Srna Chiellini Kompany Kolarov
-----De Rossi---NDJ---
Tranny-----------------Silva
--------Tevez-----Higuain

Quality side that mate. I'll give it a go but so far my defence have done well (that's the kiss of death right there). Tevez has been pretty poor so far but Rooney and Balotelli are immense.

niall_mcfc said:
Pride_In_Battle said:

I signed Soto on a free. My back up for rb was 1 of my cbs who i trained to play rb aswell. In my 2nd season i trained my back up lb to play rb and he slotted in because i sold Soto. So id just advise you to find a versatile cb that youve got train him to play rb. If hes gna play as an attacking rb then pick a fast cb with good stamina

Which Soto is it? There are quite 2 nicknamed Soto and quite a few with the surname. Unfortunately my CBs aren't the quickest, so having to play a deep defensive line, and an anchorman to stop breakaways against the bigger teams. Working OK so far. Trust me to pick Sheff Wed, with no transfer budget and a relatively low wage budget. Good challenge though!

Juan Manuel Soto.

There is all my transfers in the 1st season.
Had a bit of trouble with pic.

Martin Curuchet
Namaie Mendy
Yohan M'vila
Mahoto
Wendes
Joshua
Ronaldo Pompeu Da Silva
Marko Livaja
Pedro
Hyago
Soto
Yahaya
Juan Maldonado

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.