Football Manager 2011

Just achieved my greatest ever moment in all Footy Managers.

Beat the rags 6-1 at the swamp, which was the final straw, Ferguson was sacked. Brilliant. Tevez got 3, Silva 1, Milner 1, and a John o'Shea OG. Theirs was a dodgy pen.

Brilliant.

niall_mcfc said:
Juan Manuel Soto.

There is all my transfers in the 1st season.
Had a bit of trouble with pic.

Martin Curuchet
Namaie Mendy
Yohan M'vila
Mahoto
Wendes
Joshua
Ronaldo Pompeu Da Silva
Marko Livaja
Pedro
Hyago
Soto
Yahaya
Juan Maldonado

Jesus you got busy! I've brought in 9 permanent and 4 on loan. Like I said, I had a low wage buudget and apparently Alan Irvine before me had brough in a load of really shite players who I couldn't shift and had to stick in the reserves. Marcus Tudgay was on £7500 a week! That was over 10% of my total budget!

The little shit missed another one!

Stepped up confidently and bounced it off the inside of the post.

Enough is enough, he's off duty.

I brought in about another 8 after i got promoted. I won league 2 my 31 points and had a +53 goal difference. Finished 6th in league 1 and got promoted in play-offs. Need to bring in 5 really good players for championship and then get some good loans in.

I got Oldham to a mid-table Premier League but found it very hard to get past that so I have now started as City.

Bought: Torres (a lot of money) & Arteta.

Sold: Bridge, SWP, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Jo etc

I forgot to change penalty takers, and he's just rattled the bar. 7 out of 7 so far.

-- Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:55 pm --

Holy fuck, missed again.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:59 pm --<br /><br />Oh he's only actually missed 6, Verdu and Osvaldo missed one each right at the start of the season.

pee dubya said:
I forgot to change penalty takers, and he's just rattled the bar. 7 out of 7 so far.

Holy fuck, missed again.

-- Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:59 pm --

Oh he's only actually missed 6, Verdu and Osvaldo missed one each right at the start of the season.

Go to individual training and select penalties? My only suggestion. If his penalty taking, composure and morale are all high, then it could be a bug, or maybe you've put too much pressure on him, or he just needs to practice.

Finally got the game last week

Its took a few games but finally found the best formation for my city team. A narrow 4-2-1-2-1 formation. Currently playing two teams. One for europa cup and one for the league. High defence line, slow tempo, short passing. Tevez an inside forward, Silva attacking mid

....................Hart.......................
Boateng.Kolo.Kompany.Kolarov.
........DeJong.......Marchisio..........
.................Yaya........................
...........Tevez.....Silva.................
...............Vucinic....................

Then same formation for the Europa league, but swapping a couple of players

Only signed Maxwell (on loan from Barca, great cover for Kolarov), Vucinic (£20m), Marchisio (£7m), Grosiki (£600k)

Ballo is always injured. Adebayor is shit and will be sold.

Santa Cruz was brought into the team because all other strikers were injured. Came on as a sub against chelsea and won me the game. So has been recalled back into the first team.

Just waiting for clubs stupid enough to by Jo, Swp, Ade, Lescott and Bridge

What a bizarre game this is. You spend a decade trying to bring city up through the leagues, trying to buy in the best players in the world, and hoping in real life they sign someone half decent to make it easier for you, and now you get our team to start with it's horribly boring and far too easy! You Prem managers don't know how good you've got it! Try playing as a League 1 or 2 side and tell me the achievements aren't just a little bit sweeter, even when it's not your team. Go on, I dare you!

Pride_In_Battle said:
pee dubya said:

Holy fuck, missed again.

-- Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:59 pm --

Oh he's only actually missed 6, Verdu and Osvaldo missed one each right at the start of the season.

Go to individual training and select penalties? My only suggestion. If his penalty taking, composure and morale are all high, then it could be a bug, or maybe you've put too much pressure on him, or he just needs to practice.

I'm just going to sell him hah. He's 30 anyway, and his stats are only borderline decent, so get rid whilst he's still worth something. He'll be crap in a couple of years (well, worse, been pretty shit this season).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.