Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Re: Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

Started my second season with Sunderland after being axed by Newcastle.

They had a fucking shite squad but 9 mil to spend. I flogged near enough all my reserves and had a budget of 23 million to spend.

My transfers in:

Jussi Jaskeleinan (spelling) Free
Owen Hargreaves - Free
Luca Toni - Free
John Guidetti - 5mil
Mohammed Abu - 2mil
Denis Suarez - 2.2mil
Jonothan Addy - 2mil
Roman Pavlyuchenko - 1.5mil

Started off in the league with 2 defeats and was sat in 20th. I then won 3 on the bounce and was looking good and shifted upto 5th, was never going to stay there but was a great climb from where i was, now lost 3 on the bounce and down to 14th. Gunna have a go when i get back from work but need to find some rhythm again!

I've never played this game before. Based on what I am reading in this thread, I would definitely like to give it a try. But first a few questions:

1. It seems it is a computer only game: can it be played on a mac?

2. Are there any of you who just recently got into it? I'd like some beginner advice from someone who isn't an old pro. What's the most important thing to know about this game?

3. So you make all of the decisions a manager does but cannot "play" the actual game of football in any way? What happens? A quick sim? an actual 90 minute game that you get to watch? I'm confused on that.

4. Is this game impossible to play if you don't dedicate massive amounts of time to it?

Anyway, it seems super detailed and fun, so if I can play it on mac, I'm probably in either way.

green pennies said:
I've never played this game before. Based on what I am reading in this thread, I would definitely like to give it a try. But first a few questions:

1. It seems it is a computer only game: can it be played on a mac?

2. Are there any of you who just recently got into it? I'd like some beginner advice from someone who isn't an old pro. What's the most important thing to know about this game?

3. So you make all of the decisions a manager does but cannot "play" the actual game of football in any way? What happens? A quick sim? an actual 90 minute game that you get to watch? I'm confused on that.

4. Is this game impossible to play if you don't dedicate massive amounts of time to it?

Anyway, it seems super detailed and fun, so if I can play it on mac, I'm probably in either way.

i find it hard to believe that any football fan has never played a single management sim i started at the age of 6 on premier manager 92 but football manager is the definitive.

1. mac versions are availible but i think they come out a short while after the PC version (not sure though)

2. its very easy to pick up its just getting used to the interface which changes every year anyway failing that theres an in depth tutorial

3. it's a visual sim which for the last 3 years has been 3D looks like this [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgvfcGSk7TE[/youtube] each match takes around 5 mins but this can be altered by detail level and match speed settings

4. it's impossible not to dedicate massive amounts of time to it tbh you get so addicted in 2009 37 british divorce cases cited football manager. you can just pick it up and play a match if you have a spare 10 mins but it'd take an age to do an entire season like that. once you've got your transfers training and tactics sorted a season goes fairly quickly

John O Sullivan from Blackburn on a free transfer has come on leaps and bounds for my Juve team. Progresses well and loves training and is a decent prospect already broke into my first team. Gave him a start last game of the season. In midfield beside Pirlo he got himself 2 assits and ended up being man of the match.

James23 said:
Sparkys-Army said:
Any ideas who can i sign for Bristol city with like 170k cash? :p
I'm Bristol City myself! Made myself as Shaun Goater and thought he'd like to go back to one of his own clubs. I sold Adomah and signed David Silva (Kilmarnock version unfortunately) for £100k. I also signed Stephen Jordan who didn't have a club, he's had a good season at left back. Thought I'd be realistic and snapped up the only other Bermudan on the game, Reggie Lambe, he's terrible but obviously he's one of Goater's favourites. Also, if you've just started keep patience with Yala Bolasie! His stats look poor but he's had some unbelievable games for me.

We've massively overachieved, in real life Bristol City are bottom but with 4 games to go on mine we're 5th. 7 points clear in the play-off positions so hopefully we're there... Have a feeling if we went up though we would get absolutely destroyed in the Premier League, squad isn't great but we've had a fantastic year.

Cheers pal, Maynard is an monster for me. In my first season, 15th feb and i'm top of the league by 8 points and thats without doing the save cheat. All legit which is quite nice. Maynard and Ryce have been injured for most of the season but now they are back, they seem to be doing very well.

I only got Sanchezz Watt from Arsenal on loan and he's done well when asked. Had another arsernal striker but the loan thing messed up so i wasn't allowed to use him so i cancelled the loan move.

Maynard has 11 goals, Pitmann 13 goals and Damien Stewart 13 goals from CB.

I'll hopefully keep the flow going and getting top spot and then a massive clearout for premiership!

Sparkys-Army said:
James23 said:
Sparkys-Army said:
Any ideas who can i sign for Bristol city with like 170k cash? :p
I'm Bristol City myself! Made myself as Shaun Goater and thought he'd like to go back to one of his own clubs. I sold Adomah and signed David Silva (Kilmarnock version unfortunately) for £100k. I also signed Stephen Jordan who didn't have a club, he's had a good season at left back. Thought I'd be realistic and snapped up the only other Bermudan on the game, Reggie Lambe, he's terrible but obviously he's one of Goater's favourites. Also, if you've just started keep patience with Yala Bolasie! His stats look poor but he's had some unbelievable games for me.

We've massively overachieved, in real life Bristol City are bottom but with 4 games to go on mine we're 5th. 7 points clear in the play-off positions so hopefully we're there... Have a feeling if we went up though we would get absolutely destroyed in the Premier League, squad isn't great but we've had a fantastic year.

Cheers pal, Maynard is an monster for me. In my first season, 15th feb and i'm top of the league by 8 points and thats without doing the save cheat. All legit which is quite nice. Maynard and Ryce have been injured for most of the season but now they are back, they seem to be doing very well.

I only got Sanchezz Watt from Arsenal on loan and he's done well when asked. Had another arsernal striker but the loan thing messed up so i wasn't allowed to use him so i cancelled the loan move.

I'll hopefully keep the flow going and getting top spot and then a massive clearout for premiership!
Damion Stewart 13 goals?! That's unbelievable! me and you must be very different managers because I've got him transfer listed and hasn't played. Being top with that squad is a great achievement mate, there's some really good teams in that league.

Just finished my league season, finished in 4th and have drawn Ipswich in the play-offs but have yet to play it.

Bolasie was my top scorer with 20 (including 3 hat-tricks). Maynard got 16 but was troubled with injuries on mine too.

Marvin Elliot will probably be my Player of the Year though, had the highest average rating by a mile.

James23 said:
Sparkys-Army said:
James23 said:

Damion Stewart 13 goals?! That's unbelievable! me and you must be very different managers because I've got him transfer listed and hasn't played. Being top with that squad is a great achievement mate, there's some really good teams in that league.

Just finished my league season, finished in 4th and have drawn Ipswich in the play-offs but have yet to play it.

Bolasie was my top scorer with 20 (including 3 hat-tricks). Maynard got 16 but was troubled with injuries on mine too.

Marvin Elliot will probably be my Player of the Year though, had the highest average rating by a mile.

What sort of role do you play Bolasie in and Marvin Elliot?

Sparkys-Army said:
James23 said:
Sparkys-Army said:

What sort of role do you play Bolasie in and Marvin Elliot?
I play 4-4-2 and Elliot plays in the bog standard centre midfield role, he's had 13 assists this season. Bolasie is my ultimate utility man, wasn't playing early in the year but came in because of injuries, he's played left wing, right wing, advanced forward and deep lying forward. He still scored a few when playing on the wings. I reckon he's had most impact as a deep lying forward though.

I'll give them a go in my next game ;) Elliot as DM and Bolasie as a striker. I also got Rivaldo for half a season ;D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.