Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Re: Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

Football.Manager.2012.v12.0.3.Update-SKIDROW

Changelog::

Training
========
- Included positioning training to goalkeeper shot stopping training

Competitions
===========
USA
===
- Fixed a crash on season turnover when adding MLS into the game without having it loaded at game start.
- Fixed Vancouver, Portland and Philadelphia not having Academy players properly generated.
- Fixed a crash when playing with two human managers and one of them was claiming a player waived by the other human manager.

General
=======
- Fixed an issue where adding a league was causing more people then needed to be loaded into the game.

Editor
======
- Fixed an issue with international competitions sometimes getting the wrong number of teams from a continent.

Match
=====
- Fixed scaling of distance run stat in match stats.

Pm me if you need this.

Not updated since I managed team GB, got them to the quarters then drew Brazil, we lost and I left the position.

Back to Manchester City, sold and released a number of players, the big mover being AJ to Everton for £8,000,000. In total I made £19,500,000 from the window and spent £21,000,000.

Mateo Kovacic - £1,400,000
Steven Butler - 70K
Alphonse Areola - £8,000,000
Patrick van Aanholt - £2,100,000
Craig Dawson - £4,500,000
Tom Cairney - £5,000,000

Only nine games into the PL season, top of the league on 24 points, second place is Manchester United on 20 points. I'm top of the CL group after 3 games on 9 points and into the quarter finals of the CC where we have Tottenham at home. The only competitive loss so far is the second game of the season which was Arsenal away, since then we've won every single game (13) and scored in the last 20 games.

Oh yeah, we won the Euro Super Cup.

Got a job with Regensburg in the German third tier. Their last manager was sacked after three games the poor bloke. So we're in the bottom 4 and a hope for a mid-table finish.

We do have Bastian Schweinsteiger's older brother up front #topoftheleague

The run just came to an end, lost 2:0 to QPR away!

So angry at the lads. Just been knocked out of the play-offs in the semis with Bristol City. Playing Ipswich and we drew the away leg 1-1, got beat 1-0 at home when we had 22 shots and 8 on target... How did we not fucking score?! Ipswich beat Leicester in the final on penalties too.

Ah well, rebuild and try again next season. Need to get rid of some serious deadwood. Desperate for a right back and only have £400k to spend, any ideas?

mammyjam said:
green pennies said:
I've never played this game before. Based on what I am reading in this thread, I would definitely like to give it a try. But first a few questions:

1. It seems it is a computer only game: can it be played on a mac?

2. Are there any of you who just recently got into it? I'd like some beginner advice from someone who isn't an old pro. What's the most important thing to know about this game?

3. So you make all of the decisions a manager does but cannot "play" the actual game of football in any way? What happens? A quick sim? an actual 90 minute game that you get to watch? I'm confused on that.

4. Is this game impossible to play if you don't dedicate massive amounts of time to it?

Anyway, it seems super detailed and fun, so if I can play it on mac, I'm probably in either way.

i find it hard to believe that any football fan has never played a single management sim i started at the age of 6 on premier manager 92 but football manager is the definitive.

1. mac versions are availible but i think they come out a short while after the PC version (not sure though)

2. its very easy to pick up its just getting used to the interface which changes every year anyway failing that theres an in depth tutorial

3. it's a visual sim which for the last 3 years has been 3D looks like this [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgvfcGSk7TE[/youtube] each match takes around 5 mins but this can be altered by detail level and match speed settings

4. it's impossible not to dedicate massive amounts of time to it tbh you get so addicted in 2009 37 british divorce cases cited football manager. you can just pick it up and play a match if you have a spare 10 mins but it'd take an age to do an entire season like that. once you've got your transfers training and tactics sorted a season goes fairly quickly

Thanks for the details. I've always been a fifa player on the various consoles, and yes, I've been aware of manager, but never actually played. I'm looking forward to it.

James23 said:
So angry at the lads. Just been knocked out of the play-offs in the semis with Bristol City. Playing Ipswich and we drew the away leg 1-1, got beat 1-0 at home when we had 22 shots and 8 on target... How did we not fucking score?! Ipswich beat Leicester in the final on penalties too.

Ah well, rebuild and try again next season. Need to get rid of some serious deadwood. Desperate for a right back and only have £400k to spend, any ideas?

Unlucky bud, i have 10 games left in my Bristol season, more bloody injurys! Keep me updated who you clearout and get in!

Remember get some class loan signings ;)<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:59 pm --<br /><br />Also have a look at Miguel Pinto for GK. I got him shortlisted and might get him as he's a free agent for next season.

My Oldham team seems to have fallen apart. Started the season well, was floating round the top 5 for a while then after christmas I started losing a fair few games (throwing away big leads in a fair few of them)

Ending up finishing 15th, finances are piss poor so my wage budget was slashed by 6k, lost a few decent players and now lost my first 3 games of the second season.

I did 'talk to the press' saying i'd be interested in signing Tevez though (after he spent the whole season in the reserves for city) and he said it's something he might be interested in if I made a formal offer :P my 18 loan offers for him have since been rejected. Bastards.

Sparkys-Army said:
James23 said:

Unlucky bud, i have 10 games left in my Bristol season, more bloody injurys! Keep me updated who you clearout and get in!

Remember get some class loan signings ;)

-- Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:59 pm --

Also have a look at Miguel Pinto for GK. I got him shortlisted and might get him as he's a free agent for next season.
I'll have a look next time I'm on it. Managed to sign David James to a one-year extension and he took a £2,000 pay cut! We had one of the best defences in the league so thought I'd keep him for one more year. Pinto could well be his replacement though.

James23 said:
Sparkys-Army said:
James23 said:

Remember get some class loan signings ;)

-- Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:59 pm --

Also have a look at Miguel Pinto for GK. I got him shortlisted and might get him as he's a free agent for next season.
I'll have a look next time I'm on it. Managed to sign David James to a one-year extension and he took a £2,000 pay cut! We had one of the best defences in the league so thought I'd keep him for one more year. Pinto could well be his replacement though.

My team turned into right plebs and decided to fuck about, clinched promotion but they trying to lose me top spot with 2 games to go the gits! I'll finish the 2 games tomorrow ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.