Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Re: Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now!!!!

Blue Smarties said:
Even when he's good he's a moody **** when you tell him he's done well. Just remembered I got Lucas Anderson, might check his progress. Also got Kovacic (sp) joining in the summer.
I'm going to go for Kovacic. Got two quality youngsters coming through in Adam Campbell and a re-gen called Kieran Shearer. Hopefully signing Callejon from Real Madrid in the January window.
I also hate how the players don't ever give a shit if you say 'Yeah come on do it for the fans give them their money's worth' , I get no reaction atall the bunch of Primadonna mercenaries.

Finished 9th with Bristol City in my 4th overall season and 1st in the Premier League. Cracking year, we won the League Cup too which was brilliant and means we're in the Europa League next year! We're also in the process of expanding the ground by 7000 seats so it'll be around 29,000 when its done. Really happy with what I've managed to do on this file :D

connor_devine94 said:
Blue Smarties said:
Even when he's good he's a moody **** when you tell him he's done well. Just remembered I got Lucas Anderson, might check his progress. Also got Kovacic (sp) joining in the summer.
I'm going to go for Kovacic. Got two quality youngsters coming through in Adam Campbell and a re-gen called Kieran Shearer. Hopefully signing Callejon from Real Madrid in the January window.
I also hate how the players don't ever give a shit if you say 'Yeah come on do it for the fans give them their money's worth' , I get no reaction atall the bunch of Primadonna mercenaries.
Going to load it up now and play some more. Think my last game was a 2:1 win away at the Bridge.

The French **** now finds himself on the transfer list and sitting in the reserves. I subbed him and he reacted badly which the fans didn't like, he then sees me and we have a discussion about it. I told him it was a tactical change and well...

[bigimg]http://oi42.tinypic.com/ouxx8j.jpg[/bigimg]

Blue Smarties said:
The French **** now finds himself on the transfer list and sitting in the reserves. I subbed him and he reacted badly which the fans didn't like, he then sees me and we have a discussion about it. I told him it was a tactical change and well...

I love how his morale goes from Very good to Very poor in one conversation

Wow, on my Newcastle save Ben Arfa has been top for me, playing him behind the striker in the inside forward support role, bagged 12 goals and quite a few assists, I'm at the start of Feb. He has attracted a lot of interest from clubs like AC and Spurs though, if a 15-20m bid comes in I'll snatch their hand off. Got Erick Torres as back up and hes been top, City & Chelsea were bidding for him in Jan. Also have Adryan, Brazilian kid joining in summer, along with Luuk de Jong and Labyad, both on frees. Make a habit every summer to check who's got a year left on their contracts and set a reminder for start of Jan to re-check their contract status, always pick up a gem.

Obertan has been great for me, as well as Marveaux, got a ton of assists, Jonas out for 7 months so he's been my main man down the left. If any of you get the chance, sign Rafael Toloi. Him and Colochini are bricks in defence, just signed Equziel Munoz in January, hopefully long term successor to Colo.

I tell you who have been disappointing... All the strikers. Ba, especially, hitting a bit of form now, but has about 7 goals in around 20 games. Liverpool are interested, very tempted to sell, as I have Luuk de Jong, and young Mexican lad Carlos Fierro joining in the summer.

connor_devine94 said:
Blue Smarties said:

[bigimg]http://oi41.tinypic.com/1ew32a.jpg[/bigimg]

connor_devine94 said:
Blue Smarties said:

The best conversations are when you tell a player he's been playing badly and he responds with something like "I thought I was playing well, I'm disappointed to hear this from you". Awkward... If a player averaging about 6.3 thinks he's on form then he needs transfer listing :D

havent been able to play this for a month as my quick laptop packed up.

On last year's game I managed to loan Ben Arfa to United then sold him for £14m + bonuses, tidy sum. Ended up with a great team of:

------------------Krul---------

Der Wiel--Coloccini---Aldereiweld---Warnock

-------------Nolan----Barton------------

-Prieto-----------Toivonen---------Jarvis---

------------------Cole-------------------

Started a game with Stockport County (boo hiss, I know!) and just signed a few freebies. Playing a very attacking formation and it's reaping the rewards. Played 20 games, scored 80 goals! My top scorer is a young French lad I signed on a free purely because he had great pace, and he's got 40 in 20! Also, my super star defender and new captain, Mr. Tyrone Loran :P

The bad news, that same star striker is on a £2.2k goal bonus. No idea why I agreed to that, except who'd have know a 2 goals in every game goal ratio? Need some numpty team like Villa to snap him up or something, half a million - bargain! He's cost me £88k to date and the chairman will have my balls for some horrible debts soon enough.

Then it comes to the FA Trophy, Hyde at home - a draw! And I was second best, less possession, less chances! Bloody daft game! Got Carlisle in the FA Cup and taken them to a replay after a thrilling 4-4 draw away (they scored 2 dodgy goals, so dodgy even the FA didn't punish me for mouthing off about them) and if I get through it's Bolton at home. Money, money, money!

I just can't believe our BSP from though. Literally getting 6-1s and 4-0s every match, home and away. I have no idea why. Maybe my game is buggy - has anyone else had this kind of thing for more than a few games? Players I signed weren't THAT good... Would think I have Silva, Sergio and Yaya in there from these scorelines. I think it just must be that everyone else in the BSP is abysmally crap.

For info, I'm playing 4-2-3-1 deep, always hassle opponents, two inside forwards with a lefty on the right and vice versa, show all opposition midfielders and strikers onto their weaker foot and close them down, tackle hard on anyone with flair above 11. Kind of feel like it's not real now though tbh (you know what I mean, not a real pretend footy management game...).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.