Footballer strike?

A 3 game week would be saturday - midweek - friday. If you go saturday - midweek - saturday, that third game is at the start of a new week; you don't have two saturdays in a week. Or two of any day, for that matter. To be fair, it's a common mistake people make. They class saturday to saturday as a week, when it's actually 8 days. A Beatles week, if you like! If you go on a ten month season, that's around 41 or 42 weeks. If we were playing mostly 3 games a week, that'd be 100+ games in a season. If we won the quadruple next season (even with the increased CL games), I doubt we'd play 70 games in the season. 38 PL games, 6 FA Cup games, around the same amount of CC games, maybe (guessing here) 15 CL games, Club world Club (are we even in it next season?).
Its a mistake I have made, sometimes refer to 3 a week but its not!

Its a mistake I have made, sometimes refer to 3 a week but its not!
As I said, it's a common mistake. Plenty make it, even in the media, who you'd expect to know better. If you take a saturday - saturday cycle, and count the number of days......

1. Sat
2. Sun
3. Mon
4. Tue
5. Wed
6. Thu
7. Fri
8. Sat

It's the same, whatever day of the week you start counting from. The simplest example to grasp would be Mon - Sun; that's a bog standard seven day week. The following monday is the start of a new week.

City under Pep have played some of the greatest football ever seen. Fatigue, and lack of quality caused by yhe number Of matches my arse.

If anything it helps us in the final run in, when other teams start feeling the pressure we're used to it.

Watching City under Pep is an absolute joy. The more games the better.

Erm, most matches played 71, weeks in a year 52. Pretty sure you can argue that that's not 3 games a week.
But it's not 52 weeks though, is it?

August to May is 10 months, so a maximum of 40 weeks, take out breaks for international friendlies, winter breaks, bullshit etc... takes it down to about 36 weeks.

71 matches in 36 weeks = about 2 matches per week on average

As I said, it's a common mistake. Plenty make it, even in the media, who you'd expect to know better. If you take a saturday - saturday cycle, and count the number of days......

1. Sat
2. Sun
3. Mon
4. Tue
5. Wed
6. Thu
7. Fri
8. Sat

It's the same, whatever day of the week you start counting from. The simplest example to grasp would be Mon - Sun; that's a bog standard seven day week. The following monday is the start of a new week.
8 days a week.....that'd make a great song title.......no doubt some scousers will steal it first though!

City under Pep have played some of the greatest football ever seen. Fatigue, and lack of quality caused by yhe number Of matches my arse.

If anything it helps us in the final run in, when other teams start feeling the pressure we're used to it.

Watching City under Pep is an absolute joy. The more games the better.
They do seem to thrive on it. But even our players were showing signs of burn out in the last few weeks. Rodri and Kev, in particular. And yes; I realise that Kev only played half a season. He's 33 in four weeks' time. Injuries get harder to recover from as you are getting on. Rodri was running on fumes. They're not machines, though it sometimes seems like they are!

You are not counting the cups, cl, internationals , my response initially was to someone saying the get paid loads to p!ay twice a week , pedants everywhere lol
Pretty sure those 71 games do include the CL and fa cup. That's a hell of a premier league table other wise.

Jesus, can’t believe people are having to resort to Algorithms and Venn diagrams to illustrate that they play twice a week.

Once at weekend and once in midweek. That’s twice a week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.