For anyone slagging off SWP......

rickmcfc said:
There is a light said:
He wasn't great today, but he is a Blue, one of our own. I never thought I would see the day when City fans turned on Shaun, it's fucking sad if you ask me.

Fair enough, his dad is a twat but it isn't Shaun that went shouting his mouth off to the press, it was that gobby prick.

Just to put you in your place, yes shaun did go mouthing off to the press, there was a full page spread on him with his quotes in the sun. If a player isnt good enough he aint good enough, and thats the reality of it.

Well I missed that one but well done you've put me in my place, give yourself a pat on the back.

It seems to me that there is a bit of a public flogging going on here. I remember where Shaun has come from. Yes he did fuck off to Chelsea but I believe he has a genuine affection for the club and the supporters did until recently have an affection for him. He is wrong to go to the press, but he probably sees himself as a senior player and he sees the likes of Bridge and RSC on twice as much as him. I am not a footballer so I don't know how they think, but it seems to me that he is after something resembling parity (still less than Bridges 100k a week) - that seems to be the only logic behind it as he was happy to take a pay cut when coming back from Chelsea. Still wrong, yes.. but because he has a bad game or is having a bad season or he is in the side (which gets rotated if I am not wrong) in place of Johnson he should not be fucking taken apart by people. Even if he is not good enough to keep his place in the new top four chasing City squad, he has been associated with the club since he was 14 and I for one won't be after burning him at the stake for chasing a new contract (even if it is wrong). Even if Shaun has gone to the press the only reason the whole story has received so much publicity is because of his absolute tit of a father mouthing off about it and making the situation ten times worse (creating a bit of hysteria at him having a bad game today in the process).

There is a light said:
rickmcfc said:
Just to put you in your place, yes shaun did go mouthing off to the press, there was a full page spread on him with his quotes in the sun. If a player isnt good enough he aint good enough, and thats the reality of it.

Well I missed that one but well done you've put me in my place, give yourself a pat on the back.

It seems to me that there is a bit of a public flogging going on here. I remember where Shaun has come from. Yes he did fuck off to Chelsea but I believe he has a genuine affection for the club and the supporters did until recently have an affection for him. He is wrong to go to the press, but he probably sees himself as a senior player and he sees the likes of Bridge and RSC on twice as much as him. I am not a footballer so I don't know how they think, but it seems to me that he is after something resembling parity (still less than Bridges 100k a week) - that seems to be the only logic behind it as he was happy to take a pay cut when coming back from Chelsea. Still wrong, yes.. but because he has a bad game or is having a bad season or he is in the side (which gets rotated if I am not wrong) in place of Johnson he should not be fucking taken apart by people. Even if he is not good enough to keep his place in the new top four chasing City squad, he has been associated with the club since he was 14 and I for one won't be after burning him at the stake for chasing a new contract (even if it is wrong). Even if Shaun has gone to the press the only reason the whole story has received so much publicity is because of his absolute tit of a father mouthing off about it and making the situation ten times worse (creating a bit of hysteria at him having a bad game today in the process).

the arguement is if he is good enough to takes us to the next level, i have nothing against him at all seems a sound lad hes just not top class imho

No, he shouldn't be taken apart. He is in a run of bad form and many good players go through similar.

But he needs to understand that going to the Press and pissing and moaning about how "little" he gets is not conducive to a good rapport with the fans. Then adding how about how "loyal" he is to City is a joke.

Bit of a difference between a bit of constructive criticism and slagging someone off.I don't like having a pop at any City players,but i come on here to air my own opinions and to read other people's.

Shaun hasn't had a great season and he's looking a bit frustarted at time,where he used to beat a man with is pace and trickery,he's now often robbed of the ball and left to watch our opponents break away up the pitch.

He's still a player worthy of a place in our squad and was used to good effect when he came on as a sub against Chelsea,but times have changed so much since at the club now,that other players have came in and should probably start ahead of him.

hilts said:
the arguement is if he is good enough to takes us to the next level, i have nothing against him at all seems a sound lad hes just not top class imho

Thats fair enough, but lets face it people here are going for him because he was shite today or is having a shite season, not because of the contract. If he wants to ask for 70k a week or whatever let him. The club as they have done so already have every right to say no.

I dont want to jump on on the bandwagon but how is it possible for anyone, let alone a current England international to be as utterly hopeless as Shaun was today?

I appreciate that the playing surface wasn't perfect, but SWP didn't control the ball properly once in seventy excruciating minutes. Adam Johnson cruelly highlighted this ineptitude within seconds of his introduction. He went on a run with the ball actually staying within six yards of his feet for it's duration (the close control on his left foot, coming in from the right was excellent actually. It brought back memories of......no I'm not going to say it!).

Shaun's overall dispay, including the laughable one on one attempt (with the far side of the goal gaping) has got to be a contender for THE WORST PERFORMANCE IN A CITY SHIRT EVER. Gerry Taggart, playing right back at Blackburn, is the only serious rival I can bring to mind. Feel free to put me straight, the likes of Jason Van Blerk or Tony Cunningham may have had worse matches. I just can't recall them right now.

swp is a legend and i have always loved him. i dont think hes is doing himself any favours with this contract talk. he hasnt had a particularly good season to be honest. with johnson looking the business he may well lose his place. lets hope he can step it up. we all know he has the quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.