For anyone slagging off SWP......

Shaun's head has gone at the worst possible time in the season. Goes back to what I was saying the other day about just how badly advised he has been by the people around him, and just how thick he is to not have seen how much better it would've served his cause to play out of his skin all season, get to into the world cup squad, and then kick up a fuss about a new contract.

Having said that, on most other weeks, he'd have scored the chance that Gordon saved so well, and most on here would be crucifying the club for not giving him the money he wants.

It never ceases to amaze me the fine lines which separate a hero from a villain...

its the same thing week in week out, SWP Richards Ireland always weakest links.

No room for sentiment it would be great if our academy players were good enough but their not, simple as that.

For me the real test of Mancini will be to see if these 3 at least has been discarded during the close season,

My fear is he has to play them and we will miss out on top 4, but surely will qualify for Europa.

Last season we failed to qualify due to Dunne and Richards nearly every week, and Ireland SWP Robinho and the other set of tossers we had up front only turning up for the easier home games, thankfully most of these have been cleared out, and thats why we have progressed this season.

BillyShears said:
Shaun's head has gone at the worst possible time in the season. Goes back to what I was saying the other day about just how badly advised he has been by the people around him, and just how thick he is to not have seen how much better it would've served his cause to play out of his skin all season, get to into the world cup squad, and then kick up a fuss about a new contract.

Having said that, on most other weeks, he'd have scored the chance that Gordon saved so well, and most on here would be crucifying the club for not giving him the money he wants.

It never ceases to amaze me the fine lines which separate a hero from a villain...

He could have scored a hat trick today would not change my mind - he need to shut the fook up until August - if he has played a significant part in a top 4 finish and had a good world cup (assuming he goes) then pay the fooker until then shut the fook up - alternatively had in a transfer request and go and earn an extra 20K a week at L:iverpool if the money is soo important - a tad hard somepeople may say but the comments from his gobshite father and made me ambivalent at best towards SWP<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:52 pm --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:

He could have scored a hat trick today would not change my mind - he need to shut the fook up until August - if he has played a significant part in a top 4 finish and had a good world cup (assuming he goes) then pay the fooker until then shut the fook up - alternatively had in a transfer request and go and earn an extra 20K a week at L:iverpool if the money is soo important - a tad hard somepeople may say but the comments from his gobshite father and made me ambivalent at best towards SWP

Lucky Toma said:
Yeh! Actually, now that I think about it, you're all right and I'm completely wrong.

I mean, what's the useless tit ever done for us eh? Apart from providing more exictement than any other player in our recent history. And apart from sometimes being the only player on the pitch we can rely on to give 100% honest endeavour and creativity. For many seasons.

But his head is battered with his contract dispute and consequently - for the first time I can ever recall! - he didnt put a shift in today.

So fuck him. Lets get rid. Lets bring in Silva. No, wait...Lennon. Yeh lets go for him. In the meantime, lets turn on the lad because he's 28 now so nearly due his pension.

Crowd favourite you say? Pah, what does that matter? We're the richest club in the world. We can buy a new crowd favourite in every window.

If anyone - like some have on this thread - offers a reasoned critique of his recent form and question his place in the starting line-up.....fair enough I say.
If anyone turns on him.....get a fucking soul.

-- Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:33 pm --

jimharri said:
You've been on here less than two months, and you're telling us all to "sod off" and questioning if some posts are "really worth putting your name to on here"?
Blank-Facepalm_2.gif

This might surprise you jimharri but I wasnt actually born two months ago. I joined the site two months ago. So my opinions are as equally valid as anyone elses. Unless there is a ruling that states a member must post a certain amount of times before they are allowed to be frustrated at others slagging off his favourite City player? If there is such a ruling I aplogize oh wise veteran one.

As if your OP wasn't daft enough you then go and compound it with this. Another poster has already pointed out that this 'dispute' is of his own making - or at least his dad's! - never mind that it's two years' premature!

And if you can't ever recall him not putting a shift in before, then I don't where you're looking. $haun Wright-Phillip$ has been poor for most of the season. Now whether that's because he has set a high standard previously, the other players around him have improved, he's not as young as he was or because he's busy keeping the wolf from the door, I don't know, but what I do know is that he has been poorer this season than in previous seasons.

And besides, this is a forum after all. People are entitled to their opinions and to criticise if they see fit. Who are you to say otherwise? His agent? $WP can fight his own battles... Or maybe not.

Anyway, I'd already posted my views on another $WP-related thread. I don't think I'm being critical, but realistic in what, for many, are difficult times:

BTH said:
Watching Adam Johnson the other week I thought once he's scored one he'll get a hatful. Let's hope he does. Like most (all?) City fans I've always liked SWP for the fact that he's City through and through - or so I thought. The events of the last week or so with his dad (once again) pushing his nose in like some pushy parent on the touchline at a school game has soured things for me and, I suspect, a few more too.

If the £60k or whatever SWP gets by each week on isn't enough for him, then why did he sign the contract in the first place? Yes, I know big money's come in since then, but I'm afraid professional footballers need to take a reality check. They can't even spend the money they're earning.

Someone at the club needs to put the lot of them on a coach, take them around Manchester for the day and see what the vast majority of people are doing to earn £60K over a number of years - not in a week FFS. They also need to be told that there's a global recession on, businesses are going bust every day of the week, many ordinary, hard-working people are losing their jobs through no fault of their own and those that aren't are being offered pay rises of 1% or less - if they're being offered one at all.

If whatever City are paying him for the next two years isn't enough well, he's free to look elsewhere... or maybe his old fella can do it for him? Unfortunately for $haun Wright Phillip$, he represents the past and Adam Johnson (and hopefully a few more like him) is the future. So if the former goes, I for one won't be shedding any tears.

Fanx... ta-ra!

You can't accuse swp of not giving 100% but it is his general ball control and constant slipping over that is letting him down at the moment. He doesn't deserve to be slated off but he has to get his act together because Aj will step into his city and england position.

Why post this? Swp was awful today, has been hit and miss all season and has his prick of a "father" diss-ing the club in the media. I don't know what you were expecting to achieve, but regardless of any previous he needs to sort himslef out on the pitch.

As for SWP, you got 2 years to run on your contract, really change games and light them up and the club might reconsider.

Here's a tip for him as well, when trying to beat defenders, dont kick the ball further in front of you than your height, most wingers keep the ball at their feet, not constantly trying to run on there own forward pass and being outpaced.

BTH said:
Lucky Toma said:
Yeh! Actually, now that I think about it, you're all right and I'm completely wrong.

I mean, what's the useless tit ever done for us eh? Apart from providing more exictement than any other player in our recent history. And apart from sometimes being the only player on the pitch we can rely on to give 100% honest endeavour and creativity. For many seasons.

But his head is battered with his contract dispute and consequently - for the first time I can ever recall! - he didnt put a shift in today.

So fuck him. Lets get rid. Lets bring in Silva. No, wait...Lennon. Yeh lets go for him. In the meantime, lets turn on the lad because he's 28 now so nearly due his pension.

Crowd favourite you say? Pah, what does that matter? We're the richest club in the world. We can buy a new crowd favourite in every window.

If anyone - like some have on this thread - offers a reasoned critique of his recent form and question his place in the starting line-up.....fair enough I say.
If anyone turns on him.....get a fucking soul.

-- Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:33 pm --

This might surprise you jimharri but I wasnt actually born two months ago. I joined the site two months ago. So my opinions are as equally valid as anyone elses. Unless there is a ruling that states a member must post a certain amount of times before they are allowed to be frustrated at others slagging off his favourite City player? If there is such a ruling I aplogize oh wise veteran one.

As if your OP wasn't daft enough you then go and compound it with this. Another poster has already pointed out that this 'dispute' is of his own making - or at least his dad's! - never mind that it's two years' premature!

And if you can't ever recall him not putting a shift in before, then I don't where you're looking. $haun Wright-Phillip$ has been poor for most of the season. Now whether that's because he has set a high standard previously, the other players around him have improved, he's not as young as he was or because he's busy keeping the wolf from the door, I don't know, but what I do know is that he has been poorer this season than in previous seasons.

And besides, this is a forum after all. People are entitled to their opinions and to criticise if they see fit. Who are you to say otherwise? His agent? $WP can fight his own battles... Maybe not.

Anyway, I'd already posted my views on another $WP-related thread. I don't think I'm being critical, but realistic in what, for many, are difficult times:

BTH said:
Watching Adam Johnson the other week I thought once he's scored one he'll get a hatful. Let's hope he does. Like most (all?) City fans I've always liked SWP for the fact that he's City through and through - or so I thought. The events of the last week or so with his dad (once again) pushing his nose in like some pushy parent on the touchline at a school game has soured things for me and, I suspect, a few more too.

If the £60k or whatever SWP gets by each week on isn't enough for him, then why did he sign the contract in the first place? Yes, I know big money's come in since then, but I'm afraid professional footballers need to take a reality check. They can't even spend the money they're earning.

Someone at the club needs to put the lot of them on a coach, take them around Manchester for the day and see what the vast majority of people are doing to earn £60K over a number of years - not in a week FFS. They also need to be told that there's a global recession on, businesses are going bust every day of the week, many ordinary, hard-working people are losing their jobs through no fault of their own and those that aren't are being offered pay rises of 1% or less - if they're being offered one at all.

If whatever City are paying him for the next two years isn't enough well, he's free to look elsewhere... or maybe his old fella can do it for him? Unfortunately for $haun Wright Phillip$, he represents the past and Adam Johnson (and hopefully a few more like him) is the future. So if the former goes, I for one won't be shedding any tears.

Fanx... ta-ra!

If you're going to trash my views and call them daft at least have the decency to read all of the thread yeh?
I have already explained why I wrote the line about his head being battered. I said it was the REASON for his insipid display today. That I wasnt defending him nor excusing him.
For the record I agree with pretty much everything thats been written on here about his contract dispute. It was atrociously timed and once his clown of a adopted father got involved it was always going to be messy and public.

Themore I think of everything the more pissed of at him. Considering he wants a pay rise and turns in a performance like that is just pathetic.

Loyalty to City my arse just like every other footballer all about money.

He take fucking 60 grand a week as an insult he should be fucking grateful that hes been talented enough to be a footballer. To complain about that wage in a week when its what most of us on here earn in at least over a year is disgraceful.

Lucky Toma said:
If you care to show me where I said you were born two months ago, I'd be most grateful. Also, as I'M sure you are aware, there is no rule that you have to post a certain number of times before you can slag off City players. I just find it annoying that you are only on here a short time and you're telling people to "sod off" because they dare to criticize a player who has frankly done very little this season. Try reading this;
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19992" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19992</a>
In particular, "Please remember to treat fellow posters with respect. Treat others as you'd expect to be treated. If you are constantly aggressive and confrontational on here you'll get banned."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.