For everyone that left before FT y/day...

This thread wasnt created to start a mega argument about "Being proper fans". I am not having a go at people who leave early in any other games. But my point of view is that in a game of that magnitude, of that importance surely something else that you were doing could have held off? If not, and you truly believe that you had to leave then fair enough, i cant argue with that. And im not saying that your any less of a blue to those who stayed to the end or who in fact watched on TV. IMO you should have stayed till the end especially at 2-2 in a game that could have gone either way and could decide the title but at the end of the day that is what these forums are for - opinions and expressing them. Potentially that could be the most improtant goal in the clubs history and im glad i stayed to witness it. That is all.

King Of The Kippax said:
This thread wasnt created to start a mega argument about "Being proper fans". I am not having a go at people who leave early in any other games. But my point of view is that in a game of that magnitude, of that importance surely something else that you were doing could have held off? If not, and you truly believe that you had to leave then fair enough, i cant argue with that. And im not saying that your any less of a blue to those who stayed to the end or who in fact watched on TV. IMO you should have stayed till the end especially at 2-2 in a game that could have gone either way and could decide the title but at the end of the day that is what these forums are for - opinions and expressing them. Potentially that could be the most improtant goal in the clubs history and im glad i stayed to witness it. That is all.

So why didn't you do a thread about how glad you were you stayed, instead of one lecturing those who left?

Didsbury Dave said:
King Of The Kippax said:

So why didn't you do a thread about how glad you were you stayed, instead of one lecturing those who left?

Doesn't mean i have changed my opinion - i still think its pathetic that people left & i'll still express that. But its not an argument about who's a bigger blue - not at all. Its my argument that if your there, you stay & support the team, especially in a game that tight and that big

Danny Hoekman said:
Why does this bother people? If someone wants to leave with a couple of minutes to go, so what? If someone is finishing off their pint at kick off, so what? If someone wants to get a pint at half time without joining the scrum when the half time whistle goes, so what? If someone wants a piss, so what? What the feck has it got to do anyone else?!!!

Because these someones are normaly in the middle of a row and so everyone gets disturbed thats what?
Also for all the replies on this only a handfull seem genuine reasons for getting away early, and does`nt account for the thousands scurrying up the gangways from 75mins onwards.

My best mate, his brother and his dad all left the game early and missed the penalty yesterday. Only for the reason that they thought it was over. They've been supporting City as season ticket holders for longer than I can remember. They are proper fans. They love City... (almost to an indecent degree, haha) and if you ever question their blueness to their faces then you'd have to be a bloody fast runner because they'd be up in arms in a flash.

OP, I see your latest posts so this isn't a post directly for you, but it's my opinion that you can't measure how big a blue is off one factor. Everyone is different, simple as.

I bet some Superbia fans slate season ticket holders, while some season ticket holders slate arm-chair fans, while some arm-chair fans slate people who just read the paper and find out the results. It's all relative, ain't it.

Still, I'm all for opinions and opinionated people. It's why I'm on here, after all

Doesn't mean i have changed my opinion - i still think its pathetic that people left & i'll still express that. But its not an argument about who's a bigger blue - not at all. Its my argument that if your there, you stay & support the team, especially in a game that tight and that big

Prestwich_Blue wrote:
jimmy grummble wrote:
My mates 73 year old father left with 8 mins to go due to the fact hes had a heart op about 2 yers ago and finds the crowds too much, plus a walk to where we park takes us 10 mins takes him 20.

Not being funny but what's he doing going to games then? My old fellow used to go regularly but he wouldn't do it these days. Or why not wait till the crowds clear.

I don't normally comment on people that leave early but I couldn't believe it yesterday. I was so emotionally drained yesterday I just stayed in my seat for about 5 minutes after the whistle went. I just didn't want to leave.

There are some serious low lifes on here. You are having a go at a 70 year old bloke in poor health who makes the effort to go to most of the home matches ? Who has been a supporter for over 50 years. All because he leaves a few minutes early so he can get a seat on the bus or beat the rush walking back to his sons car.

What a complete and utter disgrace. This site is full of pond life dick head scum but really thats just about one of the worst things I have ever read on here. I guess thats what our society has come to these days though.

Fact of the matter is this.

It was a big game against title rivals, it was end to end stuff with both teams going for the win. 3 points for us at this stage of the season, with the run of games coming up, really puts us in the driving seat for our first title since 1967. Wild horses couldn't pull me away from my seat, so how come out of a sell out crowd, five thousand or so people missed the bloody winner?

I cannot fathom why you'd travel all the way to the stadium, pay out your hard earned cash and then do a runner at the most critical moment of the game. The game you spent all week thinking about, talking about, dreaming about. I see these people leaving the ground and I want to shake them by the shoulders and shout, "This is what we've been waiting for all our lives, sit the fuck down and enjoy it. Let's support the boys." That's the way I feel about it.

I suppose the other thing is the mentality we're trying to create as a club.
We keep hearing Mancini, Platt and the players go on about building a winning mentality. In the 87th minute of one of the defining games of the season, the players look up and see a half empty stand, i just wonder if this translates to them.

Jermain Jenas (i know he's a ****) was on Goals on Sunday, and he was saying that everytime he played away from home, Bobby Robson would urge his team to keep possession, to quieten the home fans down. Like this was the number one priority. Reduce the noise, and reduce the momentum. The momentum often comes from the home crowd making a huge amount of noise in reaction to the slightest thing. A throw in, a lucky deflection which leads to a corner, a bad clearance which allows the home team to apply more pressure. In turn, this momentum and noise influences the opposition, and the officials.

I've lost count of how many times i've seen United score a late winner or equaliser because of this. Yesterday felt like we'd accepted a draw was probably as good as it was going to get. I think this translates on to the pitch. On the back of a ten game winning streak (at home), you'd expect our fans to be more optimistic, if not expectant. Had we had a history of scoring late goals (like them lot) i'd imagine people would have been less bothered about missing the more convenient train home, and thus, the ground would have still been full. United probably gain around 6-10 points per season from these type of scenarios. It's much easier to create momentum with a full stadium. We want teams to be shitting themselves going into the last 5 minutes with something to hold on to. We don't them being encouraged because they've seen half the stand emptying.

Again, not a knock, just an observation.

I've only read a couple of pages of this thread, but how many had actually left ? I've just watched a replay, and when Mario scores they show a replay from behind Joe Hart on his knees (so with the North Stand behind Mario as he takes it), and I can't see any empty spaces, same from the camera in the goal looking at the south stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.