Foreign Film Thread!

10 pages and still no mention for

Battle_royale.jpg

1 of only 5 films i didn't sell from my dvd collection. Truly amazing film if anyone hasn't seen it.

Saw Tell No one on the bbc, quality film. Always liked French films though, could anyone PM me a list of say 5 good ones? No horror/thriller please. Bit of a pussy you see.

Dancini said:
Saw Tell No one on the bbc, quality film. Always liked French films though, could anyone PM me a list of say 5 good ones? No horror/thriller please. Bit of a pussy you see.

Tell no one is very good indeed probably in my top 5 films, Blackbook, the lives of others are good to kisses and the snapper are great to both Irish old and new.

So many to mention.

I like a lot of older movies, they might not suit some, so...

The Virgin Spring - Bergman's original Swedish version of the folklore/myth re-made as The Last House on the Left by Wes Craven. Great build-up to some cold-blooded slaughter.

Le Jour se Leve - pre-war french pessimism at it's most perfect. If you don't smoke, you will.

Come and See - the best war film ever made, without exception (they say). Be warned, it's not nice.

Betty Blue - only the full 3 hour + version is worth anything.

Sunrise - 1926 silent by the director of Nosferatu - regarded as the one of the finest movies of all time even now.

This is a great thread, by the way. Many thanks for the heads-up on a lot of stuff I haven't seen/heard of.

Lucky Toma said:
LongsightM13 said:
Great thread this. The aforementioned La Haine. Ong Bak, Old Boy, Infernal Affairs are superb. Great shout on Cinema Paradiso. Apart from being superb, it is THE film to watch with a new bird if you're trying to prove you are both sophisticated and sensitive. Special mention for Tell No One, a lost classic sure to be remade.especially as it's a Harlan Coben novel. Has anyone seen the Taxi films from France? Daft but hugely entertaining
Haha very true. But be sure to watch it beforehand otherwise you might have to pretend you suffer from hay-fever towards the end. Not that I cried. Honest.
No mate. Just something in my eye, honest! The old noirs are especially good as well, Truffaut in particular. Interesting that so many rate Tell No One as the French loved US hard boiled novels. Shoot The Piano Player (whatever the French for that is) from the book Down There by David Goodis is in my all time top 5

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.