Formation??

citymad said:
pee dubya said:
I reckon it'll be a progressive 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1, with 1 given a free role, and 1 cutting inside. Also 1 can cover for 1 and 1, when they go forward.

Prefer to play with a bit of width if I'm honest.
1 provides the width.

pee dubya said:
citymad said:
pee dubya said:
I reckon it'll be a progressive 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1, with 1 given a free role, and 1 cutting inside. Also 1 can cover for 1 and 1, when they go forward.

Prefer to play with a bit of width if I'm honest.
1 provides the width.

oh i see and the another 1 provides the width on the other side. makes perfect sense.

Isn't pellegrini supposed to favour a fairly fluid 4-2-2-2 formation?
I thought the main idea was that this formation is able to quickly morph into any number of different "front six" forms in front of a solid back four during the game; either the defensively solid, traditional 4-4-2, or the defensive packed midfield 4-5-1, or a more attacking 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3, whenever the game dictates. (?)

Clearly the fluidity is dependant upon the work rate and adaptablity of the players during games.

GK - Hart
LB - Clichy
RB - Richards/Pablo
CB - Kompany/Richards
CB - Nasty/Lescott

^ ^ ^ Which doesn't need messing with ^ ^ ^

CM - Fernandinho/Barry/Garcia (in the strickly defensive role)
CM - Yaya/Milner/Rodwell (in the fluid role)

RM - Jesus/Milner/Nasri (fluid right)
LM - Silva (fluid left)

9 - Dzeko (in the strickly attacking role)
10 - Aguero/Tevez (in the fluid role)

^ ^ ^ So we could do with cover for the left side and the number 9 ^ ^ ^

Or have I got it all wrong ?

If we end up with Navas, Isco both coming and Nasri staying with Silva as well of course, and with keeping the two striker formation it would be a hell of a rotation policy.

Chasing Cavani is probably a big sign of any two striker formation. And probably meaning of Agüero moving wide well not like a winger more like a wide forward as Balotelli was used a lot on the left or from the left.
Agüerp could use his a little bit better maybe as Cavani is clearly the better finisher for me.

If this logic is good I can think of a 433 formation, clearly with Yaya, Fernandinho, Silva, Agüero, Cavani all starting if they are fit.
Well that would leave one space for Navas/Nasri/Isco/Milner for one wider position.

Can see Milner sitting in the stands a lot and Nasri /Navas sitting on the bench.

Dont expect very big rotations form match to match its not good anyway especially not for a new coach finding his feet at a new club in a new league.

For me getting Isco would mean selling Nasri.

(Yeah and Sinclair? He will play probably as much as he did last time.)

Back to formations, 433 looks good to me, we heard infos about Txiki prefers this, I dont think it was just a media bullshit.

got to go Barca-esc for me

normal keeper and back 4

....................fernandinho/busquets.............
.................yaya/xavi...........silva/iniesta
...navas/naymar.....cavani/messi.........sergio/pedro

BUY: ISCO, FERNANDINHO, NOVARETTI, MINGOLET AND NAVAS
SELL: BARRY, TEVEZ, KOLO AND PANTILLIMON
----------
CHAMPS LEAGUE AND PREM LEAGUE TEAM
HART, RICHARDS, KOMPANY, NASTASIC, CLICHY, FERNANDINHO, YAYA, NAVAS, SILVA, ISCO, AGUERO. BENCH: MINGOLET, NOVARETTI, ZABA, RODWELL, NASRI, DZEKO

AFCON TEAM
HART, RICHARDS, KOMPANY, NASTASIC, CLICHY, FERNANDINHO, RODWELL, NAVAS, SILVA, ISCO, AGUERO. BENCH: MINGOLET, NOVARETTI, ZABA, GARCIA, NASRI, DZEKO

FA CUP TEAM
MINGOLET, ZABA, NOVARETTI, NASTASIC, KOLAROV, RODWELL, GARCIA , MILNER, NASRI, NAVAS, DZEKO. BENCH: HART, KOMPANY, MICAH, YAYA, ISCO, AGUERO

CARLING CUP
MINGOLET, ZABA, NOVARETTI, NASTASIC, KOLAROV, RODWELL, GARCIA , MILNER, NASRI, NAVAS, GUIDETTI. BENCH: WRIGHT, REKIK, CLICHY, RAZAK, DENIS SUAREZ, AGUERO
----------
FORMATION MUST BE 4-2-3-1. NASRI/SILVA ISCO MUST BE THE ONES PLAYING IN THE HOLE NOT YAYA LIKE MANCINI USED TO DO BECAUSE HE IS NOT A PLAYMAKER. YAYA CAN BURST FORWARD WITH FERNANDINHO COVERING AND NAVAS/MILNER/ISCO PROVIDING WIDTH. AS WITH MODRIC/OZIL, NASRI AND SILVA SHOULD NOT PLAY TOGETHER

dannyboy29 said:
got to go Barca-esc for me

normal keeper and back 4

....................fernandinho/busquets.............
.................yaya/xavi...........silva/iniesta
...navas/naymar.....cavani/messi.........sergio/pedro

YAYA AS PLAYMAKER AND AGUERO ON THE WING, IM SURE AGUERO WOULD APPRECIATE PLAYING SECOND FIDDLE TO CAVANI. AGUERO AND CAVANI DONT WORK UNLESS CITY PLAY 4-4-2 IN WHICH CASE THERE WILL BE 2 WINGERS, A DM AND AN ATTACKING MID. SILVA THE ATTACKING MID YAYA IN DM, NAVAS ON ONE SIDE AND NO WINGER ON THE OTHER SIDE. NASRI IS NOT A WINGER

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.