Formation??

blinkblue said:
From our current squad it picks itself imo.

---------------Hart

Zabaleta--Kompany--Nastasic--Clichy

--------Y.Toure--Fernandinho

Navas----------Silva----------Nasri

--------------Aguero
Might also try out Milner in for Nasri or Navas as in that squad the only player that would consistently track back is Fernandinho. Milner would give us the extra cover (unless Navas has good defensive workrate?)

01cravend said:
With only signings guaranteed so far

----------------------Hart-----------------
Zabaleta--Kompany---Nastasic--Clichy
-------Fernandinho----Y.Toure------
Navas-------------Nasri------------Silva
-------------------Aguero-------------

Fernandinho(most dribbles completed in the champs league last season) and Yaya work in unison..one goes forward one sits...That will save Yaya's legs as usually he is the only one that goes forward, so shouldn't flounder like he has been lately, late in games.

Nasri in the middle which is his best position, can swap with silva..Nasri could also move into a midfield 3 if we say brought on a target man in place of aguero
This^

I hope we don't sign Cavani becuause I want Kun to be our striker and we will only play one up front.

When fit, Micah would seriously push Zaba for the RB position. He has aspects to his game that Zaba just doesn't have and that the team is much better for when Micah is there.

Milner will play too. With so few players in that line-up who will do a job defensively from midfield, it won't take Pelegrini long to see Milner's qualities and in big games I can see him playing a big role.

I'm hoping to see less of Yaya and more of Rodwell too. I can't be arsed with Yaya's 'can't be arsed' attitude that he displays at times and I think Rodwell can seriously push him for his place.

Maybe Isco will come in and we can rotate Nasri Silva Navas Milner and Isco throughout the season. Something we've been severely lacking (this is the second biggest reason why I think we didn't win the league last season was being short in this area of the pitch) is players in attacking midfield.

Keep Lescott as cover for Kompany and Nastasić.

Maybe buy a young left back as understudy to Clichy.

Good times!

NoahCity said:
blinkblue said:
From our current squad it picks itself imo.

---------------Hart

Zabaleta--Kompany--Nastasic--Clichy

--------Y.Toure--Fernandinho

Navas----------Silva----------Nasri

--------------Aguero
Might also try out Milner in for Nasri or Navas as in that squad the only player that would consistently track back is Fernandinho. Milner would give us the extra cover (unless Navas has good defensive workrate?)

I don't think you'll see Milner and Navas on the pitch together unless Milner is playing CM. Navas has good defensive workrate and regardless Pellegrini's teams always press highly. I think Milner will be rotated with Navas and used as cover for the CM's if need be.

This (if Cavani comes) - Jimmy replacement for Yaya or Jesus

732018_Manchester_City.jpg

or this (if both Cavani and Isco are on their way)

732029_Manchester_City.jpg

(EDz, CT, SN - depending if they're staying with us).

We need right back! Our midfield is over-packed with GB, YT, JM, JR, JG - of them JR and YT are most certain to be used regularly (based on salaries, Khaldoon's interview and their abilities). Also Isco/DS/SN (if Isco comes that is) are going to be a tough to house in...

Caveman said:
01cravend said:
With only signings guaranteed so far

----------------------Hart-----------------
Zabaleta--Kompany---Nastasic--Clichy
-------Fernandinho----Y.Toure------
Navas-------------Nasri------------Silva
-------------------Aguero-------------

Fernandinho(most dribbles completed in the champs league last season) and Yaya work in unison..one goes forward one sits...That will save Yaya's legs as usually he is the only one that goes forward, so shouldn't flounder like he has been lately, late in games.

Nasri in the middle which is his best position, can swap with silva..Nasri could also move into a midfield 3 if we say brought on a target man in place of aguero
This^

I hope we don't sign Cavani becuause I want Kun to be our striker and we will only play one up front.

When fit, Micah would seriously push Zaba for the RB position. He has aspects to his game that Zaba just doesn't have and that the team is much better for when Micah is there.

Milner will play too. With so few players in that line-up who will do a job defensively from midfield, it won't take Pelegrini long to see Milner's qualities and in big games I can see him playing a big role.

I'm hoping to see less of Yaya and more of Rodwell too. I can't be arsed with Yaya's 'can't be arsed' attitude that he displays at times and I think Rodwell can seriously push him for his place.

Maybe Isco will come in and we can rotate Nasri Silva Navas Milner and Isco throughout the season. Something we've been severely lacking (this is the second biggest reason why I think we didn't win the league last season was being short in this area of the pitch) is players in attacking midfield.

Keep Lescott as cover for Kompany and Nastasić.

Maybe buy a young left back as understudy to Clichy.

Good times!

Quality^ I definitely agree with you about jack playing instead of yaya. Imo I recon nasri is gonna leave and if that's the case, we COULD buy isco and he will play behind Aguero and silva would play left mid. From what I've heard pellegrini likes to play 4-4-2 so the line up could be:
Hart
Zabaleta/Micah. Vinnie. Nasty. Clichy
Yaya (prefer jack though) fernandinho
Navas. Silva
Isco
Aguero

It'll be interesting to see whether Pellegrini is told to play Soriano and Begiristain's 4-3-3 or continue with the system he's used at Malaga. Personally I'd love to see a midfield 3 of Yaya, Fernandinho and Rodwell.

I think it's hard to predict what system we'll play before the transfer window's closed though. If we do sign Cavani, he and Aguero will both expect to play every game and unless Aguero's played out wide then we'll surely have to play with two strikers.

Could be a 4222..

Zab-Komp-Nasty-Clichy
Yaya Fernderino (holding)
Silva-Navas (attacking)
Falcao-Aguerooooooooooooooo

iamdamienl said:
Could be a 4222..

Zab-Komp-Nasty-Clichy
Yaya Fernderino (holding)
Silva-Navas (attacking)
Falcao-Aguerooooooooooooooo

You do realize Falcao was sold to Monaco a few days ago. Are the off-loading him already?

BlueBilly said:
It'll be interesting to see whether Pellegrini is told to play Soriano and Begiristain's 4-3-3 or continue with the system he's used at Malaga. Personally I'd love to see a midfield 3 of Yaya, Fernandinho and Rodwell.

I think it's hard to predict what system we'll play before the transfer window's closed though. If we do sign Cavani, he and Aguero will both expect to play every game and unless Aguero's played out wide then we'll surely have to play with two strikers.

As I posted In another thread maybe that explains the link with el sharaawy It would allow Aguero to play in the middle with Navas and El sharaawy either side

blueparrot said:
BlueBilly said:

As I posted In another thread maybe that explains the link with el sharaawy It would allow Aguero to play in the middle with Navas and El sharaawy either side
That would be cool but I can't see Milan letting him go. How much would he cost?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.