Formula 1 2022

Max was nowhere near troubling Charles until he was released right into his DRS by the VSC. Then he was bailed out by race control pulling the yellow just as he was about to be done back, all after Latifi again binned it in the wall to mess up the race to start with.

Clearly contrived that finish, Max will be close or win at the end of the year and everyone will conveniently forget he should be more than a race win behind after 2 races.

Look if you can't enjoy such a great race then I don't think F1 is for you.

That battle for the lead was superb and probably one of the best ones I've ever seen. Both drivers were on the absolute ragged edge almost hitting walls, sliding out of the corners and swapping the lead multiple times.

If you can't enjoy a great battle just because you're least favourite team/driver comes out on top. Then you're missing out on what Motorsport and racing is really about.

That battle for the lead was superb and probably one of the best ones I've ever seen. Both drivers were on the absolute ragged edge almost hitting walls, sliding out of the corners and swapping the lead multiple times.

If you can't enjoy a great battle just because you're least favourite team/driver comes out on top. Then you're missing out on what Motorsport and racing is really about.
no, that's like saying if you can't enjoy Liverpool beating City because City lead for 89 minutes and then Salah scores an offside goal and a penalty from a dive for the Dippers to win it because "It's a really good game". You're just not a blue because only rags and dippers think the way you do, when they win obviously because it's for the "good of the sport".

Alternatively, you can be a blue and enjoy things where the best person or team actually wins and isn't engineered out of a victory they rightfully deserved.

Yellow flags on the pits and then green clear after theyve gone past
That got me scratching my head. Was really enjoying the last few laps but then had to do a double take. There was no need for a yellow flag in that area at the time and to then see it change to green as soon as they’d made the corner, disallowing a possible Leclerc overtake, was against everything we know in F1.

So much for this racing until the end, that one decision changed the end of the race and I was looking forward to seeing them challenge each other.

Am I wrong to be looking for a bit of sporting integrity, I’m unsure if I should still be watching after all this time.

Last edited:
no, that's like saying if you can't enjoy Liverpool beating City because City lead for 89 minutes and then Salah scores an offside goal and a penalty from a dive for the Dippers to win it because "It's a really good game". You're just not a blue because only rags and dippers think the way you do, when they win obviously because it's for the "good of the sport".

Alternatively, you can be a blue and enjoy things where the best person or team actually wins and isn't engineered out of a victory they rightfully deserved.

Frankly I think you're a lost cause. All the other Motorsport related forums I'm on are just over the moon we've seen such a great battle for the lead.

If you can't enjoy that race then that's your loss.

I’m not sure you understand motorsport. I have no issue with any racer even though some can come across as cunts, as that’s what gets them there. Racing is the only thing I want to see and regardless of team or driver, we should be able to see a fair race.

For me, I’m still lost at why the yellow flag came out just as Leclerc at the chance to pass Verstappen, basically cancelling the end of the race.

Even I, as an F1 stalwart, am thinking that the drama is being contrived for other purposes.

Verstappen is one jammy rat. Saved from being overtaken by a yellow flag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.