Four day working

Surely every bugger is going to want the Friday off? It won’t be handy for firms with customers to actively deal with.

Working from home is enough for me.
With so many football matches on Sundays, I’d rather have Mondays off. I hate that feeling at the end of a Sunday game where you’d really fancy a good drinking session but you have the work blues come over you and know you need to get home and get sorted for work the next day.

Another thing I’d rather do is start work at 6am and finish for 1.30pm. I doubt my work would start doing that either.

Im self employed and in 2 years plan to drop to 4 days a week, but work longer hours mon-thurs. I guess exactly what is being proposed.

On my day off i’ll have a potter about, probs get some dinner somewhere, spend a bit of money, so put a little but into the economy.

Win-win isnt it?

I work in tanker shipping, I work 7 days a week unless I’m on holiday.
That's your decision though. companies are not allowed to impose that on you, if you caused a serious accident through fatigue there'd be questions asked.

As an aside Drivers of vehicles with Tachographs are subject to very strict rules imposed on them by the DVLA, in the future other industries may follow suit.

Btw, why do you work 7 days a week? If it's for the money find another job where you can get a better work/life balance, you'll be heading for an early grave, not good at all.

i used to have a shift pattern of 4 on 4 off, 11.5hrs a day,cant beat it, i now work monday to friday and i fucking hate it,having only saturday and sunday off is wank, more traffic,more people in the shops,and a lot less time to wander the rivers and canals fishing, weekend fishing the canals far too many boats

give me 4 on 4 off any day of the week, its the only down side to my new job, but i knew the score when i signed up i suppose

would be 10hr shifts for me imcludomg a lunch break, I could live with that.

Only issue is my.work is mon-fri and I am the sole supervislser so need to ne onsite or have cover from a coleague on the 5th day, how we would rota that to cover each other over our sites I am not aure.
but all for a 4 day week and more hours in the day

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.