Four day working

Loads of people I used to work with effectively did it in the early 80s, when I briefly had an office job.

It was flexi time, so they’d all work two hours over, Monday to Thursday. Then take a ‘flexi day’ on the Friday.

Surely every bugger is going to want the Friday off? It won’t be handy for firms with customers to actively deal with.

Working from home is enough for me.

Why? It is was one of the great mysteries when people work 4 days or fancy a long weekend people always take the Friday off. If it was offered to me I would take the Monday off, so still a long weekend but avoiding all the sheep taking Friday off.

A lot of building crews do it here in the summer, I did it for years, not a chance in hell I could do it now. When I built my house I was working four, ten hour shifts as a carpenter then Fri-Sunday worked on my place. Saved myself a lot of money but being in my thirties helped a bunch
So you couldn't do a 4 day week because you used to do a 7 day week? Haha

Why? It is was one of the great mysteries when people work 4 days or fancy a long weekend people always take the Friday off. If it was offered to me I would take the Monday off, so still a long weekend but avoiding all the sheep taking Friday off.

If you do a city break taking the Monday off will save you big on hotel costs these days as well. Sunday nights are normally a lot cheaper than other days.

If you do a city break taking the Monday off will save you big on hotel costs these days as well. Sunday nights are normally a lot cheaper than other days.

Yes another good example of why taking Monday off instead is advantageous.

Every workplace I have ever worked, has been the same with the obsession for taking Fridays off.

Give me a Friday evening somewhere nice as opposed to travelling over on the Saturday.

Personally think it is a great idea to be offered to workers but only if people have the choice.

My partner takes every other Monday off and you see all the benefits which come with it. Physio/doctor/dental appointment no longer need to take a half day, do the weekly shop/big clean rather than it encroach on your weekend. Get tradesmen in rather than have to book a day off/gas service etc. Weekend breaks without diminishing your holiday allowance.

Just allows you so much more flexibility in your life and gives you more opportunity to spend it how you want.

It would certainly be a game changer for me as 4:30 kick offs on a Sunday and then a 250 mile drive home afterwards normally results in Monday being a day off to recover. Such a waste of my holiday allowance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.