Fox Hunting.....

I avoid arguments on fox hunting. Who is going to change their mind?
Just a note to say most hunters are not toffs, usually farmers and other locals.

Fox hunting…why?

Packs of dogs that rip the animal to shreds…why?

Red tunics, white jodphurs and horns sitting on horses…why?

It’s a tony social event around the torture of a wild animal…why?

British bull “fighting”…why?

I’m struggling to come to terms with any justification for it. I don’t have a problem with a farmer protecting his animals from a pest, but it’s not that, is it?

Seems rather cruel and a bit of weekend “sport” for people with too much time and money on their hands.

Fox hunting…why?

Packs of dogs that rip the animal to shreds…why?

Red tunics, white jodphurs and horns sitting on horses…why?

It’s a tony social event around the torture of a wild animal…why?

British bull “fighting”…why?

I’m struggling to come to terms with any justification for it. I don’t have a problem with a farmer protecting his animals from a pest, but it’s not that, is it?

Seems rather cruel and a bit of weekend “sport” for people with too much time and money on their hands.

I've grown up with fox hunting, certainly in my younger years and now I would agree with you, that there's isn't a strong argument to support it. However, I've no time for the vermin and wouldn't hesitate to shoot one on sight.

That said, I feel there are a lot commenting, not so much against the hunting, but more to do with what they perceive as a 'class' resentment. That these people are able to do what I can't do, they've perhaps had a better education than me, or live in a bigger house, drive a better car, so I have a hate for them.

For many I don't think the fox hunting comes into it, they'd have the same view if it was drag hunting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.