FPL - Fantasy Premier League - 2024/25

I'm not sure you needed to, but I'll be curious who you pick up. I'm assuming you are shedding Nkunku, but Son too?

I think I'll need to be taking 5+ changes before I decide to wildcard. BTW, tell me who is replacing Henderson because I'm not happy there either, but not feeling the urgency... yet.
This is where I'm at currently.

Screenshot_20240829-100801.png

I might take a -8 hit and do Wildcard next game week.
I don't understand the reluctance to wildcard early. When you pick your team you just don't know where players are going to get minutes or how good teams are going to be generally.

Well you do for the top level players but they are all priced to reflect that. The skill in the game is to pick the best out of the secondary and bargain basement players. The optimum time to wild card has to be once you've seen a couple of teams put out. Especially now that you can roll up transfers. As I understand it I've wildcarded now ahead of gw3, had rolled 2 transfer and ahead of gw4 I will have 3 transfers in the bank. So I can still do some major surgery in weeks 4, 5, 6. By that time team needs to be fairly set.

I don't understand the reluctance to wildcard early. When you pick your team you just don't know where players are going to get minutes or how good teams are going to be generally.

Well you do for the top level players but they are all priced to reflect that. The skill in the game is to pick the best out of the secondary and bargain basement players. The optimum time to wild card has to be once you've seen a couple of teams put out. Especially now that you can roll up transfers. As I understand it I've wildcarded now ahead of gw3, had rolled 2 transfer and ahead of gw4 I will have 3 transfers in the bank. So I can still do some major surgery in weeks 4, 5, 6. By that time team needs to be fairly set.

I have about 4-5 players that either injury, not getting many minutes and been dropped.

I have about 4-5 players that either injury, not getting many minutes and been dropped.
I had less than that and played my wild card. I had 2 that were just not going to play, another 2 playing but not returning points.

I think I've done 7 transfers total so it's mostly tinkering, dropping Saleh and Gordon for Son and Palmer. Not much in that swap.

I had 2 Palace defenders. Swapped for West Ham players. Just a gut feel that West Ham will have a better season.

Then you should just wildcard and not take anything more than a free transfer. Don't even take a -4 if that's your boat and you are soon to wildcard anyway. Save yourself the points and just do it now, look at the upcoming fixtures for tough calls, and get it done.

I WCd last year GW03 as I noted and recall making over 6+ changes. This year I've not taken a hit, done a FT each week to address a single player that was needed (hello Quansah before the price drop! ;-)), and I'm planning on a GW06 WC after Arse's upcoming tough fixtures. I've only got one on DEF now and that's been fine for CSs.

This is where I'm at currently.
Good call on Raya, and I'll be tempted as well when my time comes. If you're going to pay 5.5m, he's the one. Was hoping I could find someone cheaper that's reasonably consistent, but I've not found that yet. I may stick with a different 4.5m, funds will dictate it.

My one concern is the obvious rotation of Chelsea outside of those named Palmer. I don't think I could make myself get Madueke, because he isn't nailed either. That whole team of 100+ concerns me! ;-)

I have 6 of your players and a different ARS defender, so I feel I'm in good shape as it is.

You and I have both Smith Rowe and Rogers, who do you like more this weekend? SR is in form, but I feel Rogers is due against a weaker opponent in LEI. Decisions Decisions... (and I have to bench one as I feel Isak is due at home vs. TOT's high line)

Good call on Raya, and I'll be tempted as well when my time comes. If you're going to pay 5.5m, he's the one. Was hoping I could find someone cheaper that's reasonably consistent, but I've not found that yet. I may stick with a different 4.5m, funds will dictate it.

My one concern is the obvious rotation of Chelsea outside of those named Palmer. I don't think I could make myself get Madueke, because he isn't nailed either. That whole team of 100+ concerns me! ;-)

I have 6 of your players and a different ARS defender, so I feel I'm in good shape as it is.

You and I have both Smith Rowe and Rogers, who do you like more this weekend? SR is in form, but I feel Rogers is due against a weaker opponent in LEI. Decisions Decisions... (and I have to bench one as I feel Isak is due at home vs. TOT's high line)
Agree on Chelsea. Beyond Palmer it's a lottery and I'm not playing that game.

Rogers at Villa is a no brainer as long as he keeps his place he must get some points eventually.

I thing Smith Row is slightly overrated. I see him as a more generic midfielder and at the end of the day he is a Fulham player. They are a mid table side at best.

I've got a hunch Newcastle are not going to be as strong this season. I've had Havertz over Isak from the start and it's paying of. I've sold Gordon who was returning points but that was part if the deal to get Son and Palmer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.