FPL - Fantasy Premier League - 2024/25

Then you should just wildcard and not take anything more than a free transfer. Don't even take a -4 if that's your boat and you are soon to wildcard anyway. Save yourself the points and just do it now, look at the upcoming fixtures for tough calls, and get it done.

I WCd last year GW03 as I noted and recall making over 6+ changes. This year I've not taken a hit, done a FT each week to address a single player that was needed (hello Quansah before the price drop! ;-)), and I'm planning on a GW06 WC after Arse's upcoming tough fixtures. I've only got one on DEF now and that's been fine for CSs.

but we have a international break coming up, if i wildcard and load my players get injured etc then thats a waste.

Good call on Raya, and I'll be tempted as well when my time comes. If you're going to pay 5.5m, he's the one. Was hoping I could find someone cheaper that's reasonably consistent, but I've not found that yet. I may stick with a different 4.5m, funds will dictate it.

My one concern is the obvious rotation of Chelsea outside of those named Palmer. I don't think I could make myself get Madueke, because he isn't nailed either. That whole team of 100+ concerns me! ;-)

I have 6 of your players and a different ARS defender, so I feel I'm in good shape as it is.

You and I have both Smith Rowe and Rogers, who do you like more this weekend? SR is in form, but I feel Rogers is due against a weaker opponent in LEI. Decisions Decisions... (and I have to bench one as I feel Isak is due at home vs. TOT's high line)
Raya and White are the 2 I could downgrade to free up funds for later. I could get Martinez but I'd have to move Konsa on, and White to Saliba or Gabriel, that would free up 1M. I haven't decided yet.

I had Madueke in my team at the end of last season and in GW's 35 and 36, he scored 15 points and 13 points, he's got a huge upside and is worth the gamble for me. That's now 3 big haul's in his last 5 games. I also expect Chelsea to stick with 4 attacker's in future rather than the 3 they used against City.

I think Mudryk will be the one immediately under pressure for his place.

I'm playing both but if I had to choose I'd pick Rogers but there's nothing in it really.

Last edited:
but we have a international break coming up, if i wildcard and load my players get injured etc then thats a waste.
I guess it depends on how much better you think you can make your team right now. And how much value you might lose hanging on to dead wood players.

Injuries can happen at any time. For me I just wanted to correct some calculated gambles and a bit of tinkering and I'd rather get a good team early and then just try to address issues as they come up.

Agree on Chelsea. Beyond Palmer it's a lottery and I'm not playing that game.

Rogers at Villa is a no brainer as long as he keeps his place he must get some points eventually.

I thing Smith Row is slightly overrated. I see him as a more generic midfielder and at the end of the day he is a Fulham player. They are a mid table side at best.
Agree on Rogers as that's who I have playing. Can't miss that and he's played 90 each match and had no mid-week EFL Cup this week.

I also have Muniz and he's due and will play already, so hopefully that's enough to cover Fulham vs. Ipswich. If any team is looking for a break after their first two matches, it is Ipswich.

I've got a hunch Newcastle are not going to be as strong this season. I've had Havertz over Isak from the start and it's paying of. I've sold Gordon who was returning points but that was part if the deal to get Son and Palmer.
Not going to disagree with you there as the data thus far is showing that. I think it is mostly on their defense where they're coming up short and enabling opponent's possession, which was also hurt by the red card blunder by Schar, Botman's injury, and Trippier's uncertainty.

I will likely be moving on from Isak soon, but he last got a brace at home vs. Spurs, and moving on him for a -4 this week wasn't needed. Havertz can also be there if needed after GW05 (vs. City) in my WC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.