Frank De Boer (new boss?)

I wonder if they'd accept a player exchange, say kolarov and Garcia?<br /><br />-- 31 Mar 2013 14:34 --<br /><br />I wonder if they'd accept a player exchange, say kolarov and Garcia?

eddiemarin09 said:
His appointment would make sense..he's good at using his homegrown talent which is evident after they sold Suarez and a number of players and his style of coaching matches the tiki tacky tocky toca whatever the fuck u call it style of passing game and the way he had the team playing this year and against us...assembled a fine team for the limited talent he had...does anyone else think luuk de Jong is really good for his side?

Let's have none of this fancy stuff. Let's just hoof it up, like Stoke.

Skashion said:
petrusha said:
Skashion said:
Another day, another relatively obscure manager touted as a replacement for a man who is far more proven.

But perhaps a more obvious fit in terms of footballing culture with the people now overseeing the football and day-to-day business operations of the club.
It concerns me that Soriano and Txiki might have overrated just how much they contributed to the Barcelona project. The Barcelona project was rolling way before they came to it. Most of the players, including the core players, that became Guardiola's Barcelona were there before they were. Xavi has been at Barcelona since he was 11. Iniesta likewise or younger. Messi there since 2000. La Masia has been rolling out players moulded essentially in Tika Taka since Cruyff was there as Tiki-taka is a development of Total Football.

I'm concerned that Soriano and Txiki might be trying to run before they can walk with City. City aren't even at the point Barcelona were at when Cruyff was there and for them to pick a manager based on a culture and a youth system that does not yet exist and which they have no experience of building from the ground up, smacks of dangerous overconfidence to me. They came to Barcelona half way through, in fact, three quarters of the way through really. If they do another Guardiola job and pick another nobody who takes a club to greatness, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong and that Soriano and Txiki are 'special ones'. However, until then, I think they might be letting their egos run away with them should they choose to get rid of Mancini and appoint a lesser qualified candidate.

Nothing gets past you, does it? You're right though. Too many people are seeking that pot of gold that comes from Barcelona, but in doing so might undo all the progress that has been made since Mancini walked in through the front door.

FantasyIreland said:
So do you believe Mancini had no say in last summers transfer dealings then Zin?

That's a common belief, and I for one will go with it. Mancini wanted RVP, De Rossi and Hazard, and we ended up with none of them. Instead we ended up with, amongst others, a couple of sicknotes, a keeper who he probably had never heard of, and Sinclair who just doesn't get a kick. It seems incredible that his warnings about signing quality, and getting the business done quickly instead of a mad scramble for mediocrity at the end of the window went ignored. But at least I'm glad that Marwood got it right about Nastasic, our one true success of the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.