Frank Lampard..

Re: Frank Lampard to NYCFC?

I don't care to sign Lampard. World class in his day and top notch now but he is aging quickly and would demand at least a 3 year contract. Much rather sign Xavi, etc. Also, there are some rumblings over here about him berating Americans the day after 9/11. While I cannot cast stones towards anyone base on their behavior as a 22 year old, you can imagine the sentiments in the US, which are particularly present in NYC.

Rumors are also that the 3rd DP, after Villa and whomever, will be used on an American player. Perhaps Diskerud. I believe we could acquire him for under the DP salary (How much can they possibly pay in Norway?), but thats the scuttlebutt.

Has Scott Sellars been replaced yet?
Lampard could cover him until Jan.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
Isn't there a salary cap in the MLS?

Yeah but you can have 2/3 players who's not counting towards the salary cap. Theres thousands of rules in the MLS.

M147WN said:
Ferdinand???
....god!! ..hope not!!
Makes sense for him to go to Miami, besides obvious reasons I can imagine that's the sort of place he'd want to live

From the Daily Mirror.

The former Chelsea midfielder was with David Villa today at Man City's Carrington training complex to agree the formalities of their deals.

I'd guess they will look for a centre half or keeper given they have a striker and central midfielder. Spine of the team etc..

Kompany is King said:
I'd guess they will look for a centre half or keeper given they have a striker and central midfielder. Spine of the team etc..

It is atypical to use a DP slot on a defender and not sure its ever happened with a keeper. I assume for publicity purposes or teams believe the US produces decent quality in the back 5, which there is some evidence for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.