Frank Lampard..

Re: Frank Lampard to NYCFC?

Matt the Giant said:
It won't be long before Twatini & co comes up with a new paragraph in their manifest, making sure players can not be loaned out between clubs with the same owner.

I 100% guarantee you by next season clubs will no longer be allowed to do this. The rags, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool will all kick up a massive fuss about this and will be backed up by the media and the rules will change because it is City doing it. If the Glazers took over another club and loaned a player for 6 months all you'd hear is how great it is that said player is back in the Prem league but because we are doing it it means we are ruining football and finding loop holes in FFP and all the other bollocks you will hear and it will be stopped.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
conormcfc said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Rely on injuries to give Zuculini the game time he needs?
Not a case of hoping for injuries, they're a cert to happen anyway. How many midfielders get through a full season in England without missing games?

We're in 4 comps, he'd get plenty of games.
Rodwell was our fourth choice last season, how many games did he get?

Was he really 4th choice though? Milner and even Demichelis were deployed in midfield before him last season. He's made out of cardboard and Pellegrini clearly doesn't rate him.

FantasyIreland said:
conormcfc said:
FantasyIreland said:
Lampard,even at 36,is a winner,he'll want to prove a point.....this move will reinvigorate him imo,and we'll have ourselves a very useful option.His experience around the gaff can only benefit us.
What point does he have to prove?

That the Chavs were wrong to let him go,that he is still capable of contributing at the highest level.

You're acting like he couldn't have got a deal with 80% of prem clubs. It was even reported that he turned down an extension at Chelsea.

Lampard coming here to train and play in the cup games proves no point on his part.

Frank Lampard to NYCFC?

City get one of the media darlings. Will confuse the FCK out of the pundits...... hate City, love Frank! What will they do? Looking forward to it.

RandomJ said:
Matt the Giant said:
It won't be long before Twatini & co comes up with a new paragraph in their manifest, making sure players can not be loaned out between clubs with the same owner.

I 100% guarantee you by next season clubs will no longer be allowed to do this. The rags, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool will all kick up a massive fuss about this and will be backed up by the media and the rules will change because it is City doing it. If the Glazers took over another club and loaned a player for 6 months all you'd hear is how great it is that said player is back in the Prem league but because we are doing it it means we are ruining football and finding loop holes in FFP and all the other bollocks you will hear and it will be stopped.

Not a chance. Different federations however if NYCFC or Melbourne City were indeed European clubs then I agree.

There is no way FIFA, with its global expansion plans for football, are going to jeopardise any expansion potential of any continental league, especially when real money is coming in to protect and old world cartel!

If it was UEFA controlling world football then I as you say it could be different. Think of these clubs like financial Tax havens or Swiss Bank Accounts, we all know they are morally wrong (even Harry Redknapp) however they are legal loop holes that are almost eternal in their longevity!

bodak said:
If this happens I'd love it.

Surprised our in house 'ITK' didn't see it though.

Well I for one did....go and check "and so it begins"...and I'm NOT ITK

#justaweeklate! :) page 259

MaineRoadBlue said:
RandomJ said:
Matt the Giant said:

Not a chance. Different federations however if NYCFC or Melbourne City were indeed European clubs then I agree.

There is no way FIFA, with its global expansion plans for football, are going to jeopardise any expansion potential of any continental league, especially when real money is coming in to protect and old world cartel!

If it was UEFA controlling world football then I as you say it could be different. Think of these clubs like financial Tax havens or Swiss Bank Accounts, we all know they are morally wrong (even Harry Redknapp) however they are legal loop holes that are almost eternal in their longevity!

I have a Swiss Bank Account!

Rammyblues said:
Maybe for those who don't see what the fuss is about, forget that is Frank Lampard (IMO great bit of business) but try to focus on the broader aspects and ramifications of this deal.

1) We own a sister club along with Melbourne who are both outside jurisdiction of UEFA, prem league and FA.
2) If we can loan a player such as Lampard this year who might we want to loan in future if they sign on for the MLS or Aussie league, (Messi)
3) We can blood our talented players in a competitive league and not have to rely on prem league with its B teams. Is it not better to have them playing against some of the worlds best (even though in the twilight of their years) than in the third division of our league.
4) By being sister clubs possibly with similar coaching methods and style of play seemless transition from our academy, out on loan to gain the necessary experience before being used in prem league.
5) Any bright stars in either sister club to come on loan to the parent club for similar experience.
6) Raising our brand name across three continents full time and not simply having to rely on pre season tours.
7) American fans may like the idea of following both NYFC and MCFC and if wealthy enough have both sets of gear.

Have I missed owt?

Yes, you have missed what I think could be the biggest advantage to owning a club in New York and Melbourne. It will give us a considerable edge in signing players at their peak (25 -27 years old). They can be offered a contract with us followed by a promise of a golden payday in an iconic location. Their life can be sorted and they can concentrate on winning trophies for us.

As for Frank - a good bit of business as long as he is content to play a bit part in our season.

Been on the ragcafe to see their reaction and they are plain stupid, not expected better. But why are we talking about FFP, its a 6 month loan it will work exactly how loans work. Its the same as Lampard signing for us for 6 months and then signing for NYCFC. Wages will not be an issue for us considering most of the players on the "Mark Hughes" wages have left and our new contract system is bonus based. I just don't understand this talk to Platini being unhappy with this. This doesn't affect FFP in anyway.

kupest said:
Been on the ragcafe to see their reaction and they are plain stupid, not expected better. But why are we talking about FFP, its a 6 month loan it will work exactly how loans work. Its the same as Lampard signing for us for 6 months and then signing for NYCFC. Wages will not be an issue for us considering most of the players on the "Mark Hughes" wages have left and our new contract system is bonus based. I just don't understand this talk to Platini being unhappy with this. This doesn't affect FFP in anyway.
Simply can't understand why any City fan goes on ragcafe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.