Frank Lampard..

The first and second X1s above are just an example of how things could look, if you put 2 players for each position, I put Yaya with Fernandhino, and Fernando with Lampard, others may view it differently and come up with different squads. I am not saying that Pellegrini would operate a first and second team more like a counter at the former Woolworths, Pick n Mix for each game depending on opposition, tactics and available personell. :-)

Don't think if he joins there will be the fuss everyone on here seems to think, we are loaning a player who is 36 years old, who was free released from a club that finished lower then us last year and is joining because the club he has signed for isn't operational for another 6 or so months. We arnt paying a fee for him and I cant imagine we will be paying his wages he will be coming here for fitness and it makes sense that he signs for a sister side of NYCFC as they know our facilities and training techniques. It pretty common that parent clubs pay the wages of players on loan and fees are usually only if the parent club are looking to sell and this loan deal is simply for fitness and match sharpness we are helping out NYCFC and Lampard here not the other way about. Think he is decent player but believe don't believe he will be a key player for us but could be useful when Yaya is at the ACON.

SebastianBlue said:
de niro said:
mcfc2607 said:
Why's Fernandinho in the second 11?

I thought the same.

My question, as well. Fernando certainly improved in the last friendly, and will likely continue to do so, but I haven't seen anything yet making him a better fit for the starting eleven (he certainly hasn't shown the passing range of Fernandinho or the eye for goal).

As far as Lampard is concerned, I am not surprised. It is likely more of a training loan with an occasional appearance when needed. I would be interested to hear what the more ardent Chelsea supporters have to say about it, though.

And Nasri over Navas

Daz_Blue said:
SebastianBlue said:
de niro said:
I thought the same.

My question, as well. Fernando certainly improved in the last friendly, and will likely continue to do so, but I haven't seen anything yet making him a better fit for the starting eleven (he certainly hasn't shown the passing range of Fernandinho or the eye for goal).

As far as Lampard is concerned, I am not surprised. It is likely more of a training loan with an occasional appearance when needed. I would be interested to hear what the more ardent Chelsea supporters have to say about it, though.

And Nasri over Navas

Fernandos is a defensive midfielder so he isnt going to do the same things yaya or fernandiniho do they are more all round box to box players.fernando is the player we needed he covers the ground and shields the back four so dont exspect defence splitting passes and goals.

dachoosen1 said:
Don't think if he joins there will be the fuss everyone on here seems to think, we are loaning a player who is 36 years old, who was free released from a club that finished lower then us last year and is joining because the club he has signed for isn't operational for another 6 or so months. We arnt paying a fee for him and I cant imagine we will be paying his wages he will be coming here for fitness and it makes sense that he signs for a sister side of NYCFC as they know our facilities and training techniques. It pretty common that parent clubs pay the wages of players on loan and fees are usually only if the parent club are looking to sell and this loan deal is simply for fitness and match sharpness we are helping out NYCFC and Lampard here not the other way about. Think he is decent player but believe don't believe he will be a key player for us but could be useful when Yaya is at the ACON.

In fact, with ffp in mind, I hope we're charging NYCFC for the use of our facilities.

Good move this..

Yaya will be going to ACON for about 6 weeks in Jan, if we also got an injury or two at the same time we will soon be looking a little short..

Lampard will fill the gap nicely..

SebastianBlue said:
de niro said:
mcfc2607 said:
Why's Fernandinho in the second 11?

I thought the same.

I was more worried by Negredo in First 11, be doing well to play in a plaster cast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.