Frank Lampard..

FantasyIreland said:
I can understand his Chelsea sentiments,not a problem for me,and,lets be realistic,it would never have happened anyway.

Without injuries he might just make the bench!!

I doubt he said that TBH anyway, he's a good pro and the idea of signing for a new club and asking not be selected to play against his old one seems unlikely to me!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28627707" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28627707</a>

Signed.

What's not to like about this?

He'll only play when needed.

Increases homegrown quota. CL experience. Cover for injuries and Yaya in Jan/Feb. He keeps fit for the start of the MLS season. Development youths get to familiarise themselves with him before MLS loans. City sell shirts to Lampard fans.

Plaything of the gods said:
What's not to like about this?

He'll only play when needed.

Increases homegrown quota. CL experience. Cover for injuries and Yaya in Jan/Feb. He keeps fit for the start of the MLS season. Development youths get to familiarise themselves with him before MLS loans. City sell shirts to Lampard fans.

He may also be cheap; if NYC pick up the tab for all or most of his wages. That really would make the deal a beaut on a few levels.

He is likely to be a good presence in the dressing room and someone that the whole squad can learn something from. I would keep Zuc here and ask Lamps to mentor him.

Not clear if he will be here when Yaya is away at ACON but it could be very helpful if he is; although, even then, I am not sure that he will start many games. He could make plenty of cameos from bench though.

Reminds me a bit of when we brought in Paddy V.

Plaything of the gods said:
I read it as six months, until the end of January, with possibility of extension.
Unlikely, because NYCFC start pre-season training in Jan. They are a brand new team and the players are near strangers to each other. He'll need to be in New York. He's their player, not ours!

Will be interesting if we are still in all competitions, Toure is away at ACON and Lamps is playing a key role in the team when January comes around.

Would it more important to keep him with us or to get the NYCFC franchise off to a salient start?

Bottomless_Sailor said:
Will be interesting if we are still in all competitions, Toure is away at ACON and Lamps is playing a key role in the team when January comes around.

Would it more important to keep him with us or to get the NYCFC franchise off to a salient start?

He's on loan from them. I think they might want him back in time to prepare properly with his actual team mates. Not sure he'll be able to cover any games Yaya misses in ACN

birchwoodgingerste said:
Very clever way of beating ffp when we need to get a player .
Winger is having a moan about City getting around FFP by buyIng up clubs around the world, - 4 words for you Wenger-Get the Fuck out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.