Frankly it is getting embarrassing.

10.Goater_Legend said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Mancini uses videos of that season to show them all how not to attack
That's funny because I remember us scoring at home this season against Liverpool, Blackburn, Chelsea and Newcastle.

Exactly!

You would think we never get out of our own half from some posts - how many attempts will it take for people to admit we do create chances but different from the past couple it with solid defending?

10.Goater_Legend said:
DD said:
It's not the position or points total that has led to people losing the plot somewhat. It's the complete lack of value for money when you go to the match.

It's also the fact that most if us see that if we had just showed a little more positivity, we could have been right up there with Chelsea.

I get the feeling that should we scrape fourth, people will look at it as a great season whereas the reality is this year the league is there for the taking, but we lack the positivity to take it.

I can understand the small time mentality of our supporters, but it's that small-time, happy with what we've got attitude that holds us back at times. Some people are happy to accept any old dross on the field simply because it is at a slightly higher position than it was previously. That's not a winners mentality. It's an also-rans mentality. Where we were in the past counts for nothing now. This is a new dawn and we have to think like we are big time, not ex-small time.

95% of people on here seem happy to settle for mediocrity, and if you think what we are seeing now is good, then you are a part of that 95%.
If you could please explain how being 4th in the league, on the verge of entering the next stage of the Europa League in November, with the second half of the season still to come, and the likes of Balotelli and Kolarov finally ready to go, is settling for "mediocrity".

For a start, Balotelli and Kolarov are being put on a pedestal as if they are Messi and Maldini. Chances are they are not going to make that much difference. I hope they do but I think you have to be prepared that they are not going to drastically alter things.

If people are happy with the way we are playing, then they are 'settling for medicority' because in only three games have we risen above mediocre. In two of those, the opposition were utterly dreadful. The Liverpool and West Brom performances were good by this season's standards. By Chelsea and United standards they might have been deemed as 'acceptable' as we mustered up a whacking great three shots on target in each.

Even the Europa League qualification is in doubt. if Juve win by a goal at Poznan, we have to go to Italy and get a point, no matter what we do against Salzburg, such are the complexities of the qualification rules. To not qualify from that group would be an utter embarrassment but it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that we will go out thanks to the manager's pathetic tactics in Poland.

With the quality of player at the disposal of this manager, we could and should have been doing so much better. We may never have a better chance of winning the league than this year with Chelsea and United looking a shadow of their former selves. However, we seem happy to sit back and hope that 5th and 6th slip up yet again to keep us 4th despite another abject display.

Well, 5th and 6th are not going to slip up sine die. At some point soon we are going to have start playing well ourselves to earn points. The sad thing is, by the time the penny drops (if it ever does), that league that could have been won will be well and truly beyond our reach.

simon23 said:
Has there ever in recent times been a city manager that has polarised the views of the fans as much as RM does?

he even manages to polarise my own personnel view. I dont like his style of football but i can see what he is trying to do...he just hasn't managed to get the right balance and blend yet. Again i maybe clutching at straws but im hoping once he has got a settled squad that he will slowly change tact sightly and we become a team who are even a little bit more adventurous.

The voice of balanced reason

Its nice to read a positive amongst the negatives

robbieh said:
We are doing bloody well at the moment.

The bare facts are that we are 3 points behind United and 4 behind Arsenal, who have had a good week.

we are doing ok but i would not say we are doing anything more than that,its to early to be calling for Mancini's head at this moment but he is not beyond criticism!

i do hope that he learns from this and i belive he has the makings of a top manager for us and i am willing to give him the time but as last year its bloody frustrating knowing that we could of been in an even better position in the league whilst the other 3 have dropped points and are not playing well.

DD said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
If you could please explain how being 4th in the league, on the verge of entering the next stage of the Europa League in November, with the second half of the season still to come, and the likes of Balotelli and Kolarov finally ready to go, is settling for "mediocrity".

For a start, Balotelli and Kolarov are being put on a pedestal as if they are Messi and Maldini. Chances are they are not going to make that much difference. I hope they do but I think you have to be prepared that they are not going to drastically alter things.

If people are happy with the way we are playing, then they are 'settling for medicority' because in only three games have we risen above mediocre. In two of those, the opposition were utterly dreadful. The Liverpool and West Brom performances were good by this season's standards. By Chelsea and United standards they might have been deemed as 'acceptable' as we mustered up a whacking great three shots on target in each.

Even the Europa League qualification is in doubt. if Juve win by a goal at Poznan, we have to go to Italy and get a point, no matter what we do against Salzburg, such are the complexities of the qualification rules. To not qualify from that group would be an utter embarrassment but it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that we will go out thanks to the manager's pathetic tactics in Poland.

With the quality of player at the disposal of this manager, we could and should have been doing so much better. We may never have a better chance of winning the league than this year with Chelsea and United looking a shadow of their former selves. However, we seem happy to sit back and hope that 5th and 6th slip up yet again to keep us 4th despite another abject display.

Well, 5th and 6th are not going to slip up sine die. At some point soon we are going to have start playing well ourselves to earn points. The sad thing is, by the time the penny drops (if it ever does), that league that could have been won will be well and truly beyond our reach.

YES , YOU ARE RIGHT[/size]

DD said:
10.Goater_Legend said:

your full of the joys of spring!

NOBODY is pulling up trees at the moment

Chelsea are in turmoil
United are the draw experts
Arsenal just flatter to deceive

We arnt playing at our best like the above three

Lets see at then end of the season eh?

I think the majority on here and that includes me DONT want Mancini to go.

We just want him to stop being so negative and take some risks!
We have to get from A to B first, and I don't agree that Mancini is against attacking football.

You'd be against the appointment of Mourinho in the unlikely event that that ever happened as well then.

Have the lunatics taken over the assylum or what? This is City, a team who have not won anything for over 30 years and now every single game has to be played with verve and excitement. It's 2 draws FFS. Not 10, and of those 2 draws one was against Utd

As has been repeated ad nauseum but without effect elsewhere. look back to last weekend. Utd were appalling for 80 mins at injury hit Villa (played worse than we did), and look what happened to Chelsea. So don't you think your overreacting to a couple of draws? A week ago we played some great football at WBA. Then in the 2nd half Balotelli got 2nd half. if you want an explanation for the poor attacking play in the last week, have a look at that WBA game where Tevez reportedly aggravated his thigh injury and where we lost Balotelli.

Mancio said:
DD said:

well , you have won , i want to be banned from the board that allow you to stay.

then i want say the truth , you and your friends are first class idiots , you dont understand nothing of football , nut , most of all , ALL you have to go AFFANCULO

English football and Italian football are very different animals. You are not going to win the Premier League strolling about, playing walking pace Catenaccio.

Keep that stuff for your own dross league. Ever wonder why over half of Serie A can't get more than 15,000 in to watch a game of football?

Marvin said:
I think the majority on here and that includes me DONT want Mancini to go.

We just want him to stop being so negative and take some risks!
We have to get from A to B first, and I don't agree that Mancini is against attacking football.

You'd be against the appointment of Mourinho in the unlikely event that that ever happened as well then.

Have the lunatics taken over the assylum or what? This is City, a team who have not won anything for over 30 years and now every single game has to be played with verve and excitement. It's 2 draws FFS. Not 10, and of those 2 draws one was against Utd

As has been repeated ad nauseum but without effect elsewhere. look back to last weekend. Utd were appalling for 80 mins at injury hit Villa (played worse than we did), and look what happened to Chelsea. So don't you think your overreacting to a couple of draws? A week ago we played some great football at WBA. Then in the 2nd half Balotelli got 2nd half. if you want an explanation for the poor attacking play in the last week, have a look at that WBA game where Tevez reportedly aggravated his thigh injury and where we lost Balotelli.

Its one win, 2 draws and 3 defeats in the last 6 games including Poznan.

I dont personally care how we play away if it gets the desired result. At home I expect better than we are getting.

simon23 said:
really?

i got the impression that a lot of people here and at games couldnt get over his ex utd connections (the agent hughes and all that shit)

KK - everyone knew his shortcomings but everyone supported up until he end

Sven - it seemed at the time almost everyone was against the sacking of sven. i think what may have tarnished svens rep with the fans was that final 8-1 vvs boro but upuntil then it seemed that most people didnt want him gone

So you're saying that everyone was right behind Hughes all the time ? LOL. I couldn't have given a toss about his united connections, it was his ability as a manager I didn't fancy, not once the new owner had control, with no money, yes he might have stabilised us a mid table club, the best we could probably expect, however I got behind him until it became obvious (WBA away after which he should have been sacked imho, because it was one of the most clueless performances in recent times) he was going nowhere.

Everyone supported KK up to the end, bollox they did, it was clear for at least 6 months that he'd lost the plot, and places like this were full of bitter arguments about it for several months. I continued to hope he'd turn it round, but he lost interest himself and when that happened he simply had to go.

Sven, was widely approved of at the begining, and he had a great start which helped immensely, but from christmas when things started to go wrong there were murmourings of discontent, and they were reaching fever pitch by the end of the season. I wish he'd been able to stay under the new owner because we would have been far better off by now than we are.

There's one thing unique to City supporters, they give any manager 6 months, and if we haven't won a trophy by then, it all starts again, and its why we continue to win fuck all, until we actually bite the bullet and get behind a manager, that will continue. If we'd got Mourinho in the summer and only taken 5 points from the last 3 games, there'd have been folk on here saying get rid, I've got no doubt.

To sum up....

Hughes was the right man for the job, if we were to stave off relegation with no money. City supporters were divided over his ability, a small number couldn't get round his rag connections or his welshness.

Keegan gave us great football, but we would never have won anything under him without a rich owner. City supporters enjoyed a great 18 months, until he started bringing in mercenaries with only their last pay day on their minds, and he failed to see why that method wasn't working, but he could only afford that sort of player sadly.

Sven gave us great football too, but was undermined by a lying owner, who was looking after number one, he lost interest in the project. City supporters weren't 100% behind him at the start, but his start got them onside, for a while at least, but he clearly lost interest once an owner had marginalised him, and his support dwindled quickly, after the 'revolt' at Middlesborough he lost any support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.