Frankly it is getting embarrassing.

Marvin said:
Have the lunatics taken over the assylum or what? This is City, a team who have not won anything for over 30 years and now every single game has to be played with verve and excitement. It's 2 draws FFS. Not 10, and of those 2 draws one was against Utd .

It's based upon eleven months of half-hearted football, not two games. It's based on a season where we are clearly playing massively below our potential.

A lot of people seem to forget that you can go back to the end of last season where a lack of adventure cost us 4th place. The dross defensive tactics against Liverpool, Everton (twice), United and Arsenal and the sit back and let's get tatered classic against Spurs. It was there for the taking then but the manager wanted to do it his way and failed.

DD said:
Mancio said:
well , you have won , i want to be banned from the board that allow you to stay.

then i want say the truth , you and your friends are first class idiots , you dont understand nothing of football , nut , most of all , ALL you have to go AFFANCULO

English football and Italian football are very different animals. You are not going to win the Premier League strolling about, playing walking pace Catenaccio.

Keep that stuff for your own dross league. Ever wonder why over half of Serie A can't get more than 15,000 in to watch a game of football?

Crass and below the belt fella

Just to let you know-you talk absolute shite

Hiddink,Klopp and Van Gaal eh?

PMSL

DD said:
Mancio said:
well , you have won , i want to be banned from the board that allow you to stay.

then i want say the truth , you and your friends are first class idiots , you dont understand nothing of football , nut , most of all , ALL you have to go AFFANCULO

English football and Italian football are very different animals. You are not going to win the Premier League strolling about, playing walking pace Catenaccio.

Keep that stuff for your own dross league. Ever wonder why over half of Serie A can't get more than 15,000 in to watch a game of football?

football is played 11 men vs 11 men in underwear running after a ball !!! and is the same all over the world !!!

if in italy we have less crowd maybe is just becouse we have shit stadium full of hooligans becouse to the governemnt its util to quiet some poor people , why in your great intelligence havnt you think about it ????

DD said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
If you could please explain how being 4th in the league, on the verge of entering the next stage of the Europa League in November, with the second half of the season still to come, and the likes of Balotelli and Kolarov finally ready to go, is settling for "mediocrity".

For a start, Balotelli and Kolarov are being put on a pedestal as if they are Messi and Maldini. Chances are they are not going to make that much difference. I hope they do but I think you have to be prepared that they are not going to drastically alter things.

If people are happy with the way we are playing, then they are 'settling for medicority' because in only three games have we risen above mediocre. In two of those, the opposition were utterly dreadful. The Liverpool and West Brom performances were good by this season's standards. By Chelsea and United standards they might have been deemed as 'acceptable' as we mustered up a whacking great three shots on target in each.

Even the Europa League qualification is in doubt. if Juve win by a goal at Poznan, we have to go to Italy and get a point, no matter what we do against Salzburg, such are the complexities of the qualification rules. To not qualify from that group would be an utter embarrassment but it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that we will go out thanks to the manager's pathetic tactics in Poland.

With the quality of player at the disposal of this manager, we could and should have been doing so much better. We may never have a better chance of winning the league than this year with Chelsea and United looking a shadow of their former selves. However, we seem happy to sit back and hope that 5th and 6th slip up yet again to keep us 4th despite another abject display.

Well, 5th and 6th are not going to slip up sine die. At some point soon we are going to have start playing well ourselves to earn points. The sad thing is, by the time the penny drops (if it ever does), that league that could have been won will be well and truly beyond our reach.
I disagree, I personally don't think we are realistic challengers to the title, if you look at United and Chelsea, the sides who will contest it again this season imo, the spine of there sides has been in place for at least 5 years, United's being Van der Sar, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher and Rooney and Chelsea's, Cech, Terry, Cole, Essien, Lampard and Drogba, these players have known nothing but success in their times at the clubs, Chelsea's spine being the stronger of the two, is the reason I think they will take the title. The spine of City's team has been here a maximum of 3 years with Vincent Kompany being the longest serving player, it will take another full year with this squad, with no major overhaul again before we can be considered title challengers.

You also have to take into account a large part of our business in the summer was bringing in players from overseas, meaning they will take even longer to get to grips with the Premier League, Silva and Balotelli seem to have done this with ease, whilst the likes of Yaya Toure and Boateng are still adjusting, all these factors will contribute to the style of football on offer whilst Mancini finds his best system and allows the players to ease into it.

You also say Mancini used "pathetic tactics" in Poland, well the fact of the matter is we dominated the game, and but for a freak goal and Silva missing on open net we would have got something, it also allowed the likes of Hart, the Toure brothers and Gareth Barry to get a much needed rest, which contributed hugely to our fantastic performance at West Brom, which would of been 3 or 4 nil but for Balotelli getting sent off.

Give the man time and he will get it right, and we, the fans will reap the rewards.

flb said:
DD said:

PMSL

Well thanks for taking the time to dissect the posts and offer your learned opinion on football.

Anyway, do a bit of internet research on the coaches in question. I'll give you their first names if you are struggling, then get back to me with the reasons these coaches are so awful.

As I said, I'd prefer to stick with our man if he would change his ways, but he won't, and this style of football won't win us a bean in this country.<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:45 pm --<br /><br />
10.Goater_Legend said:
DD said:
For a start, Balotelli and Kolarov are being put on a pedestal as if they are Messi and Maldini. Chances are they are not going to make that much difference. I hope they do but I think you have to be prepared that they are not going to drastically alter things.

If people are happy with the way we are playing, then they are 'settling for medicority' because in only three games have we risen above mediocre. In two of those, the opposition were utterly dreadful. The Liverpool and West Brom performances were good by this season's standards. By Chelsea and United standards they might have been deemed as 'acceptable' as we mustered up a whacking great three shots on target in each.

Even the Europa League qualification is in doubt. if Juve win by a goal at Poznan, we have to go to Italy and get a point, no matter what we do against Salzburg, such are the complexities of the qualification rules. To not qualify from that group would be an utter embarrassment but it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that we will go out thanks to the manager's pathetic tactics in Poland.

With the quality of player at the disposal of this manager, we could and should have been doing so much better. We may never have a better chance of winning the league than this year with Chelsea and United looking a shadow of their former selves. However, we seem happy to sit back and hope that 5th and 6th slip up yet again to keep us 4th despite another abject display.

Well, 5th and 6th are not going to slip up sine die. At some point soon we are going to have start playing well ourselves to earn points. The sad thing is, by the time the penny drops (if it ever does), that league that could have been won will be well and truly beyond our reach.
I disagree, I personally don't think we are realistic challengers to the title, if you look at United and Chelsea, the sides who will contest it again this season imo, the spine of there sides has been in place for at least 5 years, United's being Van der Sar, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher and Rooney and Chelsea's, Cech, Terry, Cole, Essien, Lampard and Drogba, these players have known nothing but success in their times at the clubs, Chelsea's spine being the stronger of the two, is the reason I think they will take the title. The spine of City's team has been here a maximum of 3 years with Vincent Kompany being the longest serving player, it will take another full year with this squad, with no major overhaul again before we can be considered title challengers.

You also have to take into account a large part of our business in the summer was bringing in players from overseas, meaning they will take even longer to get to grips with the Premier League, Silva and Balotelli seem to have done this with ease, whilst the likes of Yaya Toure and Boateng are still adjusting, all these factors will contribute to the style of football on offer whilst Mancini finds his best system and allows the players to ease into it.

You also say Mancini used "pathetic tactics" in Poland, well the fact of the matter is we dominated the game, and but for a freak goal and Silva missing on open net we would have got something, it also allowed the likes of Hart, the Toure brothers and Gareth Barry to get a much needed rest, which contributed hugely to our fantastic performance at West Brom, which would of been 3 or 4 nil but for Balotelli getting sent off.

Give the man time and he will get it right, and we, the fans will reap the rewards.

I can take on board all you are saying as your opinion and not be a million miles away from believing you but that bit in bold is very, very wrong. Apart from the first ten minutes, we were atrocious and sat back accepting that a draw would do us. It ended up costing us very dearly.

Again, we are elevating poor performances to good, and good to fantastic, probably due to the lack of quality to compare against. West Brom was not a fantastic performance; it was a good one against a team that put on a first half showing of utter ineptitude.

DD said:
flb said:

PMSL

Well thanks for taking the time to dissect the posts and offer your learned opinion on football.

Anyway, do a bit of internet research on the coaches in question. I'll give you their first names if you are struggling, then get back to me with the reasons these coaches are so awful.

As I said, I'd prefer to stick with our man if he would change his ways, but he won't, and this style of football won't win us a bean in this country.

Do a bit of internet research eh ! Is that how you reach your opinion of managers?

What research did you do on Mancini to throw him in the fucking dustbin?

Young_TomO said:
mancityscot said:
chelsea/arsenal/united would have beaten birmingham and blackburn at home and wolves away.

who cares, were doing well.

Christ give me back being shit in division 1 or 2. Some City fans aint half come dickheads since all this money/new players come in.
nail hit firmly on the head....at last somebody has summed up in two sentances what half the posters on here are with their negative bile..fantastic post sir,i salute you...:)

DD said:
flb said:

PMSL

As I said, I'd prefer to stick with our man if he would change his ways, but he won't, and this style of football won't win us a bean in this country.

-- Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:45 pm --

10.Goater_Legend said:

I can take on board all you are saying as your opinion and not be a million miles away from believing you but that bit in bold is very, very wrong. Apart from the first ten minutes, we were atrocious and sat back accepting that a draw would do us. It ended up costing us very dearly.

Again, we are elevating poor performances to good, and good to fantastic, probably due to the lack of quality to compare against. West Brom was not a fantastic performance; it was a good one against a team that put on a first half showing of utter ineptitude.

Is there any club who has put in a fantastic performance this season or are you just singling out MCFC in your Mancini bashing?

flb said:
DD said:

Do a bit of internet research eh ! Is that how you reach your opinion of managers?

What research did you do on Mancini to throw him in the fucking dustbin?

I was trying to help you as you obviously need to get clued up on them. Do you even know who Klopp is?

My research on Mancini is based upon spending several hundred pounds watching his team playing an Italian style of football that is not suited to the English Premier League.

Young_TomO said:
mancityscot said:
chelsea/arsenal/united would have beaten birmingham and blackburn at home and wolves away.

who cares, were doing well.

Christ give me back being shit in division 1 or 2. Some City fans aint half come dickheads since all this money/new players come in.

Cuz lots of them weren't even around then! I think its mostly the bandwagon fans who are complaining.

The rest of us who have Dads and Grandads who support City and have been fans since the day we were born..we know what a rollercoaster it is...rough with the smooth and all that jazz!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.