French politics | Macron calls shock GE

Imagine if everyone was forced to vote? The major demographic that doesn't vote is the working poor I wonder who they would vote in?

I wonder why Labour and the Tories wouldn't want a law forcing everyone to vote?

giphy.gif

Imagine if everyone was forced to vote? The major demographic that doesn't vote is the working poor I wonder who they would vote in?

Most working poor people voted for Labour on Thursday. That's why Labour now dominates urban areas.

I wonder why Labour and the Tories wouldn't want a law forcing everyone to vote?

Do you think a government that brings in a law on mandatory voting is likely to see their votes increase?

Pissing people off across social structures who by their own admission aren't very sophisticated and turning them towards people like Nigel Farage probably isn't a good idea.

I'd love to have the sort of life I once did, where I felt no responsibility for the country's democracy.

No one should force people to take responsibility. Forcing people to make any choice is inherently counter productive.

Letting people choose for themselves wether this is something that matters to them, is a wonderful fucking thing and demonstrates our underlying freedom.

You are free to lend yourself to a political operator. Free to espouse an identity, political, or otherwise, if you should wish.

But thank god we remain free to go through our own lives never once forced to identify ourselves in those terms, as they are always decided by others, and always involve distortion of truths and pressure from outside.

Most working poor people voted for Labour on Thursday. That's why Labour now dominates urban areas.

Do you think a government that brings in a law on mandatory voting is likely to see their votes increase?

Pissing people off across social structures who by their own admission aren't very sophisticated and turning them towards people like Nigel Farage probably isn't a good idea.

The last vote we had with the biggest turnout delivered a vote the establishment just didn't want and enraged the working class higher ups.

That's the only metric we have got to show where the votes would go, get Farage out of your head he really is living there rent free.

The last vote we had with the biggest turnout delivered a vote the establishment just didn't want and enraged the working class higher ups.

That's the only metric we have got to show where the votes would go, get Farage out of your head he really is living there rent free.

Not sure you work that out when the vote wasn't mandatory. Almost like you've just made it up.

As a long term fan of his you've got some brass neck.

Not sure you work that out when the vote wasn't mandatory. Almost like you've just made it up.

As a long term fan of his you've got some brass neck.

I didn't say it was mandatory what I did ask is what would happen if everyone voted. You took that as a way to shimmy in your obsession didn't you?

Sadly predictable that social media is awash with far right goons claiming the second round of voting was rigged. Straight out of Trump's playbook. Either I win or it's rigged.
They’ll be asking for the voting system to be changed next. It’s familiarly predictable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.