Frenkie de Jong

I wasn't saying Torres is a fringe player and therefore should be sold. I was just saying he's notably lower in the pecking order for City than De Jong is for Barcelona and therefore they wouldn't entertain a swap deal.
I don’t think you quite grasp the value of what Torres would be to Barcelona mate ! He would be the focal point of there attack , he’s a superstar in spain and is the number 9 for his country . He’s the future of Spanish football along with pedri fati gavi etc and would be key to a xavi rebuild .

One mans trash is another mans treasure is the saying .. just because he is deemed expendable by some on here. He would be a big coup for Barcelona

I wasn't saying Torres is a fringe player and therefore should be sold. I was just saying he's notably lower in the pecking order for City than De Jong is for Barcelona and therefore they wouldn't entertain a swap deal.

I see, yeah fair.

I don’t think you quite grasp the value of what Torres would be to Barcelona mate ! He would be the focal point of there attack , he’s a superstar in spain and is the number 9 for his country . He’s the future of Spanish football along with pedri fati gavi etc and would be key to a xavi rebuild .

One mans trash is another mans treasure is the saying .. just because he is deemed expendable by some on here. He would be a big coup for Barcelona
Also, his goal scoring record for spain is brilliant in recent times...and he's young. He'd murder LaLiga as it exists now.

I think Torres long term future lies in Spain. However, I hope that he gives it a couple of seasons at City before he decides to return to Spain. Personally I think he is future star, but I have my doubts about if he is suited to the PL.

I'd be happy if we signed de Jong.

I like Torres, but he is more of a winger than a striker, and we have 6 players who can play on the wings: Jesus, Mahrez, Sterling, Foden, Grealish and Palmer. Once we sign a striker, Torres' opportunities will be significantly reduced.

We need more a CM like de Jong than a winger/wide forward like Torres. Ferna is in his last year, Gundy is 31, Kevin is 30. We'll need new players in CM. We can't rely on Rodri to play every important game this season.

Anyway, I'm pretty relaxed about a possible deal with Barca, for we would let Torres go only if we get a good player from them. Pep/Txiki are no mugs.

Are you sure about that ?

Some on here would disagree :] -

I can’t recall if I said this here or among Brazilian fans, but I have a strong feeling that Pep was not happy (understatement) with Torres pushing to play that Nations League final with a fractured foot, essentially prioritizing Spain over us. People at club probably would not have been happy either.
If a swap is proposed, I would easily take it, because I just don’t see Torres ever being frequently featured in our starting XI’s no matter the role, especially after we sign a 9. Whereas with FdJ, he would be in our starting XI probably sooner than later. And I can see how Torres would be important for Barcelona.

I'd be happy if we signed de Jong.

I like Torres, but he is more of a winger than a striker, and we have 6 players who can play on the wings: Jesus, Mahrez, Sterling, Foden, Grealish and Palmer. Once we sign a striker, Torres' opportunities will be significantly reduced.

We need more a CM like de Jong than a winger/wide forward like Torres. Ferna is in his last year, Gundy is 31, Kevin is 30. We'll need new players in CM. We can't rely on Rodri to play every important game this season.

Anyway, I'm pretty relaxed about a possible deal with Barca, for we would let Torres go only if we get a good player from them. Pep/Txiki are no mugs.

Garcia, £20mill? That's if Barca had the money? Which they probably didn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.