Frenkie de Jong

He is injured, rather than a fringe choice
He was still a fringe choice. He spent 4 consecutive games on the bench without coming on before his injury. Maybe he would've got back into the team and kept the place without the injury but his overall history suggests he was more fringe than not.

The issue is Barca don’t have a pot to piss in. Surely we’d only be interested in DeJong. They wouldn’t let Pedri leave.

He was still a fringe choice. He spent 4 consecutive games on the bench without coming on before his injury. Maybe he would've got back into the team and kept the place without the injury but his overall history suggests he was more fringe than not.

Too soon to claim that for me. Only his
second season, young. Gets to playnin plenty games, and big ones. He plays what would be expected of a young player.

Not sure how regularly FDJ would play either, given our options there just now, he would be part of rotation too.

I stand by my opinion, wouldn't swap them just now.

Too soon to claim that for me. Only his
second season, young. Gets to playnin plenty games, and big ones. He plays what would be expected of a young player.

Not sure how regularly FDJ would play either, given our options there just now, he would be part of rotation too.

I stand by my opinion, wouldn't swap them just now.
I have no argument against the idea that he may have turned out great this year like so many others have in year 2, but the evidence on offer suggests he was more fringe than not up until this point. Which isn't a knock on him, it's just a reflection of where he very likely stood in the pecking order.

I don't think FDJ is on the table regardless.

I have no argument against the idea that he may have turned out great this year like so many others have in year 2, but the evidence on offer suggests he was more fringe than not up until this point. Which isn't a knock on him, it's just a reflection of where he very likely stood in the pecking order.

I don't think FDJ is on the table regardless.

So was arguably foden a good chunk.of last year, by the same metric. Doesn't mean he should readily be sold.

I don't think the term fringe player can really apply to players of that age group, they are simply support players woring they way into a team.

Basically, too soon sell, for me. Short sighted, and hardly makes economic sense.

Anyway, dodgy speculative claim, imo.

So was arguably foden a good chunk.of last year, by the same metric. Doesn't mean he should readily be sold.

I don't think the term fringe player can really apply to players of that age group, they are simply support players woring they way into a team.

Basically, too soon sell, for me. Short sighted, and hardly makes economic sense.

Anyway, dodgy speculative claim, imo.
I wasn't saying Torres is a fringe player and therefore should be sold. I was just saying he's notably lower in the pecking order for City than De Jong is for Barcelona and therefore they wouldn't entertain a swap deal.

I'd be happy if we signed de Jong.

I like Torres, but he is more of a winger than a striker, and we have 6 players who can play on the wings: Jesus, Mahrez, Sterling, Foden, Grealish and Palmer. Once we sign a striker, Torres' opportunities will be significantly reduced.

We need more a CM like de Jong than a winger/wide forward like Torres. Ferna is in his last year, Gundy is 31, Kevin is 30. We'll need new players in CM. We can't rely on Rodri to play every important game this season.

Anyway, I'm pretty relaxed about a possible deal with Barca, for we would let Torres go only if we get a good player from them. Pep/Txiki are no mugs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.