Friendlies - what have we found out?

Danamy said:
BobKowalski said:
Danamy said:
Mentioned it on another thread the other day, we have to be patient

It took MP a season in Malaga to get his philosophy over and get it right, I know this isn't Malaga but the whole squad is work in progress

It'll come, it'll come..........

What is Pellegrini's philosophy?

A little different from Mancini's, shall we say?

In what way?

BobKowalski said:
Danamy said:
BobKowalski said:

In what way?

We have found out absolutley nothing beacuse we are playing friendlies.

As equally daft as it was for people to be lauding Pellegrini and the look of the team in a few friendlies out in the Far east it would be equally similar to criticise any aspect of the team or tactics now.

The team and Pellegrini will be judged, and rightly so, over the course of the season.

As for it will take one season, we are a work in progress is a load of rubbish, we have the team and the squad to be competing immediately and quite rightly Pellegrini accepts this.

BobKowalski said:
Danamy said:
BobKowalski said:

In what way?

The training routine and regime for starters, they may look out of sorts now but they'll come good in the long run.

RM sessions were like taking the dog for a walk compared to the beasting they've had pre-season

franksinatra said:
BobKowalski said:
Danamy said:

In what way?

As equally daft as it was for people to be lauding Pellegrini and the look of the team in a few friendlies out in the Far east it would be equally similar to criticise any aspect of the team or tactics now.

The team and Pellegrini will be judged, and rightly so, over the course of the season.

As for it will take one season, we are a work in progress is a load of rubbish, we have the team and the squad to be competing immediately and quite rightly Pellegrini accepts this.

Easy tiger. Pellegrini needs his own full backs before he can be judged. ;)

franksinatra said:
BobKowalski said:
Danamy said:

In what way?

Who said it'll take a season?

Danamy said:
franksinatra said:
BobKowalski said:
In what way?

You intimated that it would take a season for the philosophy to bed in.

Hence my question what is this 'philosophy' that the players will take a while (a season, half a season whatever) to adopt.

Its a tougher pre season is not really that difficult for the players to grasp - it either is or it isn't - so still not sure what Pellegrini's philosophy is as such. Then again I have never worried what say Mourinho's or Ancelotti's philosophy is either other than win games/win trophies. I do know what Rodgers 'philosophy' is ie talk a load of bollocks and go gently backwards whilst trying to look good.

I'll admit that as long as we win the title I don't really care what his philosophy is if it helps. Personally I think we will piss the title given the additions to the squad and the fact that everyone else seems to be fannying about so its more out of academic interest than anything else.

BobKowalski said:
Danamy said:
franksinatra said:

You intimated that it would take a season for the philosophy to bed in.

Hence my question what is this 'philosophy' that the players will take a while (a season, half a season whatever) to adopt.

Its a tougher pre season is not really that difficult for the players to grasp - it either is or it isn't - so still not sure what Pellegrini's philosophy is as such. Then again I have never worried what say Mourinho's or Ancelotti's philosophy is either other than win games/win trophies. I do know what Rodgers 'philosophy' is ie talk a load of bollocks and go gently backwards whilst trying to look good.

I'll admit that as long as we win the title I don't really care what his philosophy is if it helps. Personally I think we will piss the title given the additions to the squad and the fact that everyone else seems to be fannying about so its more out of academic interest than anything else.

I said it took him a season at Malaga, with our squad being better and more adaptable we should adjust quicker, I would've thought?

I'm just not into this a new manager comes in and everything is hunky dory from day one attitude, there's a lot of things to get used to for both players and management.

It's the same for other teams of course, the Rags and Chelsea, it's probably a reason why all three teams haven't had a very good pre-season.

It goes without saying though that the first team to settle will be favourites.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.