Friendlies - what have we found out?

We have found out that there are a lot of positives. The new signings seem to fit in really well and it's going to be exciting to see how they perform in the premier league. We have also learned that we are vulnerable at the back and this is something that we need to work on over the next week before the season actually starts.

Danamy said:
I said it took him a season at Malaga, with our squad being better and more adaptable we should adjust quicker, I would've thought?

I'm just not into this a new manager comes in and everything is hunky dory from day one attitude, there's a lot of things to get used to for both players and management.

It's the same for other teams of course, the Rags and Chelsea, it's probably a reason why all three teams haven't had a very good pre-season.

It goes without saying though that the first team to settle will be favourites.

Agreed. The reasons for my confidence are as much about the changes elsewhere as they are about our own.

The fact is that we have added quality to what is already an excellent squad and a squad that knows how to win the title,. A squad which finished 2nd last year and has averaged 80 points per season over the past 3 seasons. Our main rivals have largely dicked about and our first few games are relatively easy allowing us to iron out any teething problems (assuming that we haven't already done so via pre season games). The title is sitting there begging to be won and we are in a pole position to move from 2nd back to 1st this season.

Stick a fork in it and call It done.

BobKowalski said:
Danamy said:
Mentioned it on another thread the other day, we have to be patient

It took MP a season in Malaga to get his philosophy over and get it right, I know this isn't Malaga but the whole squad is work in progress

It'll come, it'll come..........

What is Pellegrini's philosophy?
It's holistic!

Ian said:
BobKowalski said:
Danamy said:
Mentioned it on another thread the other day, we have to be patient

It took MP a season in Malaga to get his philosophy over and get it right, I know this isn't Malaga but the whole squad is work in progress

It'll come, it'll come..........

What is Pellegrini's philosophy?
It's holistic!

I'm not sure Gareth Barry would call it that...

We have found out that tinkering with a defense that has had the best league record in the past few seasons isn't a good idea.....don't mend something that isn't broken......concentrate on the parts that do need improving

That preseason is all about getting ready for the new season when i comes to preparation of both physics and tactics... but mostly physic and match fitness... and according to Kompany they just had the toughest week of training behind them hence the result of the game against arsenal I will not take anything from it... its isnt just against any player or manager to look to deep into it!

ethan23 said:
BobKowalski said:
In what way?

You sound just like Karl Pilkington... instead of asking stupid questions, why not take a step back and actually think about it

The purpose of the question is to facilitate discourse, debate and enlightenment.

Although not necessarily in that order.

Besides the Munich match our defending has looked very poor all pre season.

Defending with such a high line has its obvious problems and its not a tactic we should be employing this season. I hope it'd an experiment tthe manager and coaches don't continue to use<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:14 pm --<br /><br />Besides the Munich match our defending has looked very poor all pre season.

Defending with such a high line has its obvious problems and its not a tactic we should be employing this season. I hope it'd an experiment tthe manager and coaches don't continue to use

simon23 said:
We have found out that tinkering with a defense that has had the best league record in the past few seasons isn't a good idea.....don't mend something that isn't broken......concentrate on the parts that do need improving

The problem is Barry was largely involved in those defensive records over the last few seasons. Him basically being ostracized from the first team squad now is a worry.

Who is going to do the Barry role? Yaya, Ferdaninio, Garcia, Milner, Rodwell not one of them will protect our back four and more importantly our left back like Barry imo!!

This defensive high line will almost certainly make us ship more goals, but on the flip side we might score more. I'll let Pelligrini sort it out but by playing it scoring 3 goals might not be enough to win a match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.