Friendlies - what have we found out?

We desperately need a CB who can provide both experience and leadership in the absence of Nastasic and Kompany.

Think we are finding out that Mancini's management style didnt help certain players who rely on confidence.

Has also confirmed that Garcia is nowhere near good enough for us, not sure who scouted him but hope they left with Roberto.

Cant help being impressed with first half today, quick passing and good closing down. Obviously went a bit weird when we decided to stop defending but Im putting that down to the personnel playing (Micah excluded).

Train said:
We desperately need a CB who can provide both experience and leadership in the absence of Nastasic and Kompany.

this.

Expect us to play Bayern in the Final tomorrow.

This should be an education for all at City and for us fans.

Bayern have had 10 pre-season matches and are European Champions. A very tough ask.

Be interesting.

That the new signings look good.

That without them we still look a bit slow and uninventive.

That Garcia is still shit.

That Dzeko amazingly is looking decent.

That if we don't sign another centre back we will be in big trouble.

Some really good signs and some worrying ones too.

If everyone stays fit we will be fine but if we lost Kompany, Clichy or Nastasic (as we may have) for a period of time then without a signing we could be vulnerable.

Jesus Navas has all the tools to succeed. As long as he doesn't get home sick he will be the best buy in the EPL this window.

We probably need another CB and a left back. Kovlarov makes too many mistakes defensively, and I'm not a big fan of Clichy either. Zabaleta played out left a few times last season, maybe we can try him out there if Micah can stay healthy this season.

Dzeko is taking his chances well so far.

Bedding in nicely, only downside is the injury to Nasty and not seen anything of Sergio. The usual suspects who maybe at the end of season we had doubts about well for me Dzeko seems to have started to blossum, Nasri not so sure, Kolorov good goal but defensively hasn't changed, Garcia we will just have to put up with him for another year, Sinclair will be out of the door soon I hope. Barry not up to it against European opposition.

If I was Pellegrini I would be signing another centre half and telling Barry not able to play in CL. Kolorov and Garcia would definitely be in the stands watching. Maybe being a bit harsh but those are the realities IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.