Fulham (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Ultimately, the football world is thankful that you retired from officiating.

Having spent the last week trying to tell us that Casemiro’s goal was offside (when nobody in the real world thought it was), you’ve now moved on to try and suggest Akanji was onside (when pretty much everyone deemed him offside, including Haaland and Lillo!).

What these decisions do is show who is objective and who isn’t when debating.

Pretty much everyone deemed him offside? Michael Oliver didn't, and neither did VAR Tony Harrington. Haaland and Lillo might have their opinions, as do many others, but what are these opinions based on? The evidence of their eyes maybe?

Whenever I engage in debates about referee decisions, my opinions are ALWAYS based on the Laws of the Game. I don't see how I could be more objective than this.

Also, when attempting to ridicule someone about their previous contributions, it is advisable to carry out some basic fact checking.

You said: "Having spent the last week trying to tell us that Casemiro’s goal was offside (when nobody in the real world thought it was), you’ve now moved on to try and suggest Akanji was onside (when pretty much everyone deemed him offside, including Haaland and Lillo!)."

I actually said I thought Casemiro was onside (see below). As for Akanji, nobody is saying he wasn't in an offside position. I maintain that it was correct to not penalised him though.
d2898c40b3566f5f55d8e39d6eddc6ed.jpg

Pretty much everyone deemed him offside? Michael Oliver didn't, and neither did VAR Tony Harrington. Haaland and Lillo might have their opinions, as do many others, but what are these opinions based on? The evidence of their eyes maybe?

Whenever I engage in debates about referee decisions, my opinions are ALWAYS based on the Laws of the Game. I don't see how I could be more objective than this.

Also, when attempting to ridicule someone about their previous contributions, it is advisable to carry out some basic fact checking.

You said: "Having spent the last week trying to tell us that Casemiro’s goal was offside (when nobody in the real world thought it was), you’ve now moved on to try and suggest Akanji was onside (when pretty much everyone deemed him offside, including Haaland and Lillo!)."

I actually said I thought Casemiro was onside (see below). As for Akanji, nobody is saying he wasn't in an offside position. I maintain that it was correct to not penalised him though.
d2898c40b3566f5f55d8e39d6eddc6ed.jpg
Yeah, you’ve just confirmed my decision for me. Too da loo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.