Fulham (H) | PL | Post-Match

This team never give up, it's in.our DNA to keep going. They never lost the belief that we could win, and that has to be credited to Pep for instilling that in them. In the face of adversity we just keep going. We'll done to lads for what was a wonderful win. Shout out to our fans as well, the atmosphere was fantastic at the ground today, and I'm sure the noise generated also help the team to go on and get the win. Bloody love this club CTID.

I do wish we'd give over with the bent refereeing whinges.

The ref was crap today, obviously, but the Cancelo decision was inevitable and he awarded us a softish last minute pen. How much less bent is it possible to be?
I also think we sound like idiots when we come out with the ‘refs are bent’ shit.

The ref had a poor game today, continually falling for a Fulham’s antics. But when de Bruyne was brought down I thought ‘that’s never a penalty’! Yet he gave it for us to win the game and go top of the league.

I’d be going mad if that was given against us.

Fantastic performance it really was.
But Ederson is a mystery at times, arguably the world's best keeper but never gets near to saving any penalties.
I wonder why this is?

From the bbc: Fulham will feel hard done by​

"Fulham came within seconds of claiming what would have been a draw that few people gave them a chance of getting at kick-off.

Not for the first time this season, however, Marco Silva's side exceeded expectations. Their penalty and Cancelo's red card were a huge help of course, but Silva stuck to the same plan to keep his team compact and hit City on the break even when it was 11 men vs 10."

This narrative is fucking insane. We were 1-0 up on our way to an easy victory and they never fucking threatened us once. It was a thoroughly deserved victory and any suggestion otherwise is a fucking mental point of view designed for other teams fans to feel frustrated.
I noticed that too and complained to my fellow match goer. It's also at odds with what was written earlier in the report that the fulham penalty was their first shot on target and that they rarely threatened after it. I sometimes wonder if sports journalists realise that the aim of the game is to win and to do that you have to score goals.

Hats off to Fulham; tried every trick in the book - fouling, time-wasting, diving, harassing the 4th official etc. Particularly enjoyed their putting their little warm-up cones up in our half after the break and disrupting us getting in position - genius!
Fulham today were the biggest set of cunts to play at the Etihad since Porto.

Cheating whinging pricks. They had a man more for 70 minutes yet looked like they were the ones who’d had a man sent off

I hope they go down!

FT: Man City 2-1 Fulham
3e95a190-8f6e-4504-8fe4-2c3461d25258.jpg

Chris Wise
BBC Radio 5 Live commentator at the Etihad
Total chaos at the Etihad. Guardiola almost took the players on two laps of honour afterwards.
Obviously a rag or scouse bitter twxt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.