Fulham Post-Match Reaction

codespyder said:
One reliable back-up for Silva I think can think of is Renato Augusto. Either we sign him in the summer, or we wait until Michael Johnson is fully fit. He's not the same type of player as Silva, obviously, but his passing and movement can feed the strikers from midfield.

There's also Gai Assulin, impressed for the EDS - seems to be match fit, though an awkward time of the season to bed him in.

Our priority in the summer window should be pace and/or skill, be it full-backs (Alves/Van Der Wiel/Coentrao), attacking/creative midfielders (Sneijder/Gourcuff/Pastore), or wingers (Bale/Sanchez/Mata/Elia). Enough of the "disciplined" cloggers we're so overstocked on, the lack of ingenuity is costing us dearly.

Another point of view besides lambasting the players & manager would be to look at ourselves. On Thursday we got out sang,out poznanned & outclassed by the Aris support, today the atmostphere was as flat as a witches tit. We are aonss responsible for dropping 2 points as the players & staff. Get the singin sections roaring again, the rest of the stadium will follow & most importantly the team will respond.

codespyder said:
We could have a thousand strikers, but if there's not creativity from the midfield in the form of Silva, they're all useless. Today proved that. We need another playmaker in the squad.

One reliable back-up for Silva I think can think of is Renato Augusto. Either we sign him in the summer, or we wait until Michael Johnson is fully fit. He's not the same type of player as Silva, obviously, but his passing and movement can feed the strikers from midfield.

spyder - very good post. However I don't know if Renato Augusto is the answer...

We will though have to swap some defensive midfielders (I believe Yaya and Barry are sufficient for that role) for playmakers - otherwise our talented forwards will never flourish.

Very poor performance today , very slow and very narrow we were crying out for some pace and width in the team . Without Silva in that team , we struggle massively . Why we played with 3 players , that for me are exactly the same , in holding midfield roles is beyond me . None of them had a creative spark , Zaba had a few but nothing came from it. We are too narrow and that is the problem , we need some pace on the wings , someone like Shauny Wright but with a bit more quality in the final ball . But we have games coming thick and fast and we have chances to rectify today's result . Spurs are 3 behind us now and even if they win their game in hand (which is against the arse btw) they still won't go above us and Chelsea have to win both of their games in hand to get above us and one of those games is against the rags . We are still third but nothing can excuse todays performance . God I hope Silva is fit for every game til the end of the season otherwise we will struggle massively.

It was a really weary performance with poor passing and no invention from midfield. The players have had a hard few weeks and that Aris game must've drained the players energy and you certainly wont get an easy game in the league. We cant forget that Fulham have been extremely mean in defence this season and without Silva we were never going to reach the heights of Craven cottage. Still there were certain players taht were awful namely Boateng, Kolorov and Balotelli. Even though he scored a cracking goal his body language stinks never chases back after losing it even when its only a yard or two away. Hed rather rely on others... pathetic. Youd never think he was 19 would you. ?
I'm concerned about Villa midweek mainly because they're on a good run of form and Houllier wouldve taken note that natives are once again restless and will try to hurt us on the wings where we are still very weak. Lets hope Silva returns to provide a goal or two for King tev.

Kippaxman said:
Another point of view besides lambasting the players & manager would be to look at ourselves. On Thursday we got out sang,out poznanned & outclassed by the Aris support, today the atmostphere was as flat as a witches tit. We are aonss responsible for dropping 2 points as the players & staff. Get the singin sections roaring again, the rest of the stadium will follow & most importantly the team will respond.

Do you really think the club care about the atmosphere?

It won't be long before the Mancunian accent is undetectable.

citymad said:
It was a really weary performance with poor passing and no invention from midfield. The players have had a hard few weeks and that Aris game must've drained the players energy and you certainly wont get an easy game in the league. We cant forget that Fulham have been extremely mean in defence this season and without Silva we were never going to reach the heights of Craven cottage. Still there were certain players taht were awful namely Boateng, Kolorov and Balotelli. Even though he scored a cracking goal his body language stinks never chases back after losing it even when its only a yard or two away. Hed rather rely on others... pathetic. Youd never think he was 19 would you. ?
I'm concerned about Villa midweek mainly because they're on a good run of form and Houllier wouldve taken note that natives are once again restless and will try to hurt us on the wings where we are still very weak. Lets hope Silva returns to provide a goal or two for King tev.
Couldn´t give 2 fooks about the cup coz Everscum will play us off the park with desire and will to win alone

nashark said:
Kippaxman said:

Do you really think the club care about the atmosphere?

It won't be long before the Mancunian accent is undetectable.

Considering that it is something that the club are constantly taking about with the fans, then yes, yes I do.

Kippaxman said:
drop me for the next match then . im a bit tired working my tits off to pay to watch that shit

Can i just thank the mods on here for this wondeful idea of putting all the OTT sensationalist bollocks all in one thread, leaving the rest of the board to discuss other aspects off the game in a sensible and debating matter.

Also i have already bookmarked a couple of K.Reeves right foot's posts and he must hope that Mancini fails as much as he wants to as i will be bringing them back up come the end of May. Sorry K.Reeves right foot but you annoy me alot and remind me of my cousin who will not be getting invited to any more family parties if he carries on after every time we don't win lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.