Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

LoveCity said:
Jumanji said:
Zaba is better than Razak.

If you believe that and Mancini believes that, then why is Mancini complaining about having no midfielders? Razak is a midfielder highly rated by the club so if Zaba "is better" then surely he must be rated as a good midfielder by Mancini too, rendering his argument useless?

Personally I feel Zaba offers very little as a midfielder and he looked completely unnatural in the position. We were still being overrun and Zaba offers zero going forward, that is his weak point. Honestly think Kompany would have been better there, being a former holding midfielder. And Razak already has a better passing range than Zaba and would have offered more going forward as well as trying to get stuck in with tackles.
I took his midfielder complaint as a comment on squad rotation. He said they looked tired, and I'd agree. Who could he have started besides Barry, Yaya, Silva, and Nasri? Razak, Johnson,.....Zabaleta...., Balotelli?

prairiemoon said:
LoveCity said:
Jumanji said:
Zaba is better than Razak.

If you believe that and Mancini believes that, then why is Mancini complaining about having no midfielders? Razak is a midfielder highly rated by the club so if Zaba "is better" then surely he must be rated as a good midfielder by Mancini too, rendering his argument useless?

Personally I feel Zaba offers very little as a midfielder and he looked completely unnatural in the position. We were still being overrun and Zaba offers zero going forward, that is his weak point. Honestly think Kompany would have been better there, being a former holding midfielder. And Razak already has a better passing range than Zaba and would have offered more going forward as well as trying to get stuck in with tackles.
I took his midfielder complaint as a comment on squad rotation. He said they looked tired, and I'd agree. Who could he have started besides Barry, Yaya, Silva, and Nasri? Razak, Johnson,.....Zabaleta...., Balotelli?

And you are absolutely right. His point was not that he didn't have any players, it was that he was unable to rotate his CMs. I.e he was forced to start Yaya and Barry, but couldn't sub them coz he did not have NJD and Milner for rotation.

That said, I think we are finally off our high, and have come down to earth after a scintillating start. This is to be expected. There were signs of it against Wigan and Napoli. And finally we dropped league points against Fulham.

Generally speaking, we have to become a little more clinical early in the game. That way we can wrap games up before they become dicey. Our defenders have to play better defence. Kompany, and Lescott need to be better. Especially Kompany who seems to have regressed this season. We have to be better organized on the wings. I.e. Clichy and Micah have to do a better Job alternating their attacks. Yaya has to do a better job dominating the midfield. ANd our attacking players need to finish.

Well, we blinked first. And United has continued strong. But there is a long way to go. And United is certain to blink soon too. When that happens we have to be prepared.

It shouldn't be lost on anyone, that United have conceded the most number of chances in the 1st 5 weeks of the season. These is bound to become a problem when they blink. I am not worried about them. Chelsea again today continued the tradition of opening United up but not capitalizing on their opportunity. We have to be more clinical when we face them. Much more clinical!

What we should have done at 2-1 is bring Kolo toure on for Nasri - who frankly was invisible yesterday, and move Kompany into central midfield - he came to city as a defensive midfielder after all, and we needed numbers in the middle - taking silva off was a mistake - he was our outlet that just broke the link of front to back.It is true though you have to defend as an eleven and we didn't!
The centre was lost in the second half and we must learn from that -don't give it up and if we are sort it! Still very unsure about Lescott though- Clichy too is good going forwad but needs to put his foot in when it counts and please please Micah learn your positioning better- too far up the pitch at times and too far short and not making the crucial tackles when needed.

No bollocks, no title, simple as this.

For Fulham, read away, Stoke, Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland, Liverpool, Everton, admittedly, already, Spurs.

This is where Championships are won, not flat-track bullying the likes of Wigan and Swansea at home, painting pretty pictures.

The margins are so finite between also-ran and ultimate glory.

De Jong's return can't come quick enough, at present, you can drive a bus at our exposed defence.

Many of the comments on this thread display the usual 'give it time' appeals.

All well and good, but we, the team and Mancini just don't have that luxury this year.

I increasingly get the impression plenty blues would take second now and pat themselves on the back.

Mancini now needs to forget pleasing the masses, we were far from boring last season, whatever outsiders may insist.

Forget being the new Barcelona, we just need a winning City this season, whatever it takes.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

For Fulham, read away, Stoke, Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland, Liverpool, Everton, admittedly, already, Spurs.

This is where Championships are won, not flat-track bullying the likes of Wigan and Swansea at home, painting pretty pictures.

De Jong's return can't come quick enough, at present, you can drive a bus at our exposed defence.

All well and good, but we, the team and Mancini just don't have that luxury this year.

I increasingly get the impression plenty blues would take second now and pat themselves on the back.

Mancini now needs to forget pleasing the masses, we were far from boring last season, whatever outsiders may insist.

Forget being the new Barcelona, we just need a winning City this season, whatever it takes.

Good to see you back posting mate.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

So you are back to make your token sweeping statements...? Where has anyone in this thread said we will take second and not the title?

On your last point, do you not win games by playing to your strengths? Our squad is not set up to play negative football and I think the only reason we didnt win yesterday was we stopped attacking. When you are defensive you always invite pressure onto yourself, because your only ever a goal or two up.

blueinsa said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Feeding the transfer junkies, aside, I can sit back no longer;)

This forum has been getting far too high on the very praise of those 'experts' who have spent the last two years ripping us to pieces to all and sundry.

Reality bites.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueinsa said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Feeding the transfer junkies, aside, I can sit back no longer;)

This forum has been getting far too high on the very praise of those 'experts' who have spent the last two years ripping us to pieces to all and sundry.

Reality bites.

The second half was nothing short of a capitulation yesterday and tiredness is no excuse when getting ripped to shreds off a midfield that started its season in June and played 24 hours after you in mid week.

That said i will still say 13 from 15 points this season is a great start but as you rightly point out, games like yesterday win titles and when 2-0 up with the players we have at our disposal, 3 points is a must every time.

Everton will play out of their skins as well and fight for everything and we have to match them or we will slip again.

Bazzmand Show said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

So you are back to make your token sweeping statements...? Where has anyone in this thread said we will take second and not the title?

On your last point, do you not win games by playing to your strengths? Our squad is not set up to play negative football and I think the only reason we didnt win yesterday was we stopped attacking. When you are defensive you always invite pressure onto yourself, because your only ever a goal or two up.

All comments on this forum are token, as we have no actual say in the matter.

We were never boring last season, nor did it do us any harm.

It's about balance as Mancini continually stresses. We don't have it at present.

There will be plenty of more results on the road such as Fulham as it stands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.