Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Bazzmand Show said:
Jumanji said:
Bazzmand Show said:
think Mancini dropped a bit of a bollock taking Silva off.
Yes, dropping Silva caused us to bottle our lead...not

No, but as soon as that happened we were 1-2 up, I thought what happens if we concede again... End of the day we should have made it 3-1 before we made changes like that, as we looked unlikely to score as soon as he came off.
Completely agree. The message that particular substitution sent to both sets of players was abundantly clear. And sacrificing the best player on the pitch made very little sense, especially when Nasri was so anonymous. We should have put our foot down and gone for 3-1 instead of trying to consolidate at 2-1; there was no shortage of options on the bench to help make that happen. Plus, knowing his players were 'tired' why even wait til 2-1? With an array of attacking options on the bench (some of which are desperately in need of game time), why not freshen things up at 2-0?

Dropped points but it's not the end of the world. Mancini doesn't deserve to be hung out to dry for this, but equally those who blindly defend his every move should be able to accept that he got this one wrong.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Really disappointing and a worry when you consider we were at home in midweek and it'll be more difficult when we've played away in the cl. Mancini has a point though..we don't have many options to change things in midfield with injuries to milner and de jong. I thought any one of four..barry, yaya(particularly) silva and nasri could have been taken off we when were being overrun..they all looked tired, as did dzeko upfront - it's also a worry that since his great debut, nasri hasn't being seeing much of the ball and hasn't used it well enough when he has had it....richards at fault for the first and the sceond was of course a massive deflection...hart had no chance, and actually kept us in it...don't see the problem there... tough one to come on saturday now and some hard choices to be made with bayern coming up

Jasondh said:
I'm sure this would have been said in the 58 pages before but the two substitutions of Silva and then Nasri summed it up for me.

Take off your creative players to try to shut up shop.......

My heart sank when I saw Silva leaving the pitch and worried that we might have a job holding on to the lead and possibly even might get beat.

i was'nt best pleased myself tbh, i screamed at the radio in disgust.

I don't agree that the substitutions are the problem..he's the manager...if he asks the team to defend a lead then that's what they should do...maybe he saw how we had not killed off the game once again when we were on top and thought we need to stop them now...when Napoli came to us they followed a plan...they didn't think f@ck this we'll have a go at City cos they'd have got slaughtered...they did what the manager asked...at 2-1 we had enough quality to close out that game and had we done so no one would be mentioning the subs.
More learning and the players will know they f@cked it up and we are sitting second and onward we go.

I think Mancini took Silva off to rest him when players have played a lot of games a niggle or an injury is just around the corner

What's more depressing? The fact we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory or we're a ONE man team!!!

I'm not blaming Mancini for this, it's the players fault. There's quality through out that team David Silva or NO David Silva!!

Bad day at the office that's all. *crosses fingers*

I didn't go, but from what I have seen and read Fulham got into the ascendancy Before we made the subs.

We'd already lost control. I'd have put Tevez on in midfield

I was at the game yesterday and it was my 5 year old lad's first game - he loved it, even though I was straining to keep the bad language in throughout the second half!!!

I spent 90% of the game straining to watch the action take place at the far end of the pitch in the first half, expecting to see plenty more action in front of me in the second half - D'oh the whole game was watched played at distance by us City fans!!! The subs baffled everyone one of us and once again Tevez looked like he couldn't be arsed - even during the warm-up he couldn't hit the target???? What is clear is the fact that we lack the killer instinct to finish teams off; no hunger or determination. The draw felt like a defeat and made the long trudge back to the car a whole lot worse - not to mention the sodding traffic afterwards!!!

Early in the season to be too critical and damning but RM needs to address these glaring shortcomings.

Can't be bothered (or have the time) to read 66 pages but I was there yesterday and we had a bad day at the office, it happens, good to get it over with early in the season.

Some players looked a little tired, some (Tevez) didn't seem to really care but most gave 100%.

And if you think those players weren't bothered about the result well I travelled back on the same train and they were very glum. As they got off at the various stations they found it difficult to raise a smile for the people on the train who were waving and knocking on the windows to them. Their body language, especially Joe Hart and Vinnie Kompany, said it all. Joe always has a smile for the fans but he found it hard last night.

So let's just put it down to a blip which will be ironed out in the coming weeks as we get Nigel and James Milner back.

Just my humble opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.