Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Colins Bellend said:
7 out of 9 away thats champion form, we're going to get some odd results through the season. Didn't Utd get the same result at home to West Brom last season from being 2-0 up at the same time of the season?
Don't panic Mr Mannering

This!

Eccles Blue said:
Can't be bothered (or have the time) to read 66 pages but I was there yesterday and we had a bad day at the office, it happens, good to get it over with early in the season.

Some players looked a little tired, some (Tevez) didn't seem to really care but most gave 100%.

And if you think those players weren't bothered about the result well I travelled back on the same train and they were very glum. As they got off at the various stations they found it difficult to raise a smile for the people on the train who were waving and knocking on the windows to them. Their body language, especially Joe Hart and Vinnie Kompany, said it all. Joe always has a smile for the fans but he found it hard last night.

So let's just put it down to a blip which will be ironed out in the coming weeks as we get Nigel and James Milner back.

Just my humble opinion.

Let's hope they had a face like a slapped arse because Mancini laid into them verbally

This is my 1st visit to the site since getting back from the match yesterday. I have not seen football first but watched MOTD last night.
My observations based on seeing it live at the ground are a mixture of what I have read in this thread – of course there is no need to be negative and over-react, but there are some things that definitely need to be looked at.

Main points (IMO):

1/ Needs to be said I am afraid no matter how it sounds like a lame excuse – Clattenberk is a twat who will look to give CITY nothing – I do not just mean the blatant foul before the equaliser – but all through the game he gave every decision he could to Fulham – just grateful there was not even an half shout for a penalty.

2/ Did not show up on MOTD as they showed very little of the game but before the 1st Fulham goal they were a team that had given up and it was only through a shocking lack of our ‘killer instinct’ and concentration / professionalism that they were gifted a way back into it. They were dead and had given up – we let them back in rather than them earning it. I hate the scum with a passion and it leaves a bad taste to say something positive but when they get 2 up they seem to get more urgent rather than complacent – which seems to be the disease we have and one which I hoped we had left behind.

It seemed to creep in just after the disallowed Aguerro goal – less urgency in the tackle, sloppy passing, less tracking back etc – it was the air of a team that has ‘switched off’ – the CITY fans in the crowd could sense it before the 1st Fulham goal was scored and were urging the team to buck up. Micah’s stupidity on the throw-in (why oh why does always take them?) and his half-hearted attempt to block Zamora’s shot are 2 obvious examples – but it was the same in other areas / players.

This is something that Mancini has to (and I am sure he will) address – he seems to hate such casualness and it needs to be driven out – when we are in charge – kill the opposition off FFS rather than adopt this ‘we are superior ‘ and can afford to be casual attitude – it is the difference (IMO) between champions and challengers.

3/ I think that Mancini is right to point out the fact that we have 6 away games after the CL league fixtures (the scum of course have 6 home ties) – of course it is not just the luck of the draw - but no point bleating about it – we have surely the squad to handle this situation – we handled it yesterday – we dropped points through poor attitude not lack of available players.

4/ If we are to play with the width coming from attacking FBs – seems to be absolutely the right approach, it shows the need for de Jong and the need to sort out his contract – to protect the 2 CBs from the counter-attack. You also need FBs who will get back asap not jog.

5/ Again if that is the approach I can see changes in our FBs. Micah has improved out of all recognition from 18 months ago when he seemed to be a world class jogger, but there still seems to be question marks over both his attitude and his skills as an attacking FB. People that love him are fully entitled to their opinion – as are those that raise questions – for me it is just that if that is our tactic then you need top players in that role and I would not be surprised if there is a new arrival in that position within the next 2 transfer windows (just an opinion). For the same reason I would see Clichy has ahead of Kolorov.

6/ Adam Johnson seems to have lost some (most?) of the mojo/confidence that saw him in the past take some responsibility to attack defenders and create opportunities. I do not know if this is something to do with the instructions he has been given (cannot see why that would be the case) or if he has just loos a yard of pace and a good deal of confidence – but we need more from him when he comes on.

7/ The CITY away crowd remains one of the most satisfying things to be a part of – what an atmosphere and noise – again this did not come across on MOTD – they were fantastic.

All in all – no reason to panic / over-react – but there are things that need sorting – and I am sure Mancini will get it done.

like eccles blue i cannot be arsed to read 66 pages either - on reflection city threw the match away , mancini was right be bring zaba on but probably talking silva off was a mistake (although it was one of his queiter games ? ) nasri would probably have been a better option . still onto next weekend(weds is a reserve match which even our second string should win easily ) could all change again as rags are at stoke and city should(please) beat everton . just one thing - if any of you reading this are one of the callers in the early part of the post match phone in on radio manchester - PLEASE FUCK OFF !! you are not real city fans just moaning bastards with your own agenda , and your knowledge of football in general & tactics in particular is minimal !

Re: Re: Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Colins Bellend said:
7 out of 9 away thats champion form, we're going to get some odd results through the season. Didn't Utd get the same result at home to West Brom last season from being 2-0 up at the same time of the season?
Don't panic Mr Mannering
It's Mainwaring by the way but good point nonetheless.

To be in with a shout at the title you need to average something like 1.75 points per away game and so far we're on 2.3, which is good.

Looking at last season, 2.3 is what we averaged away from home against teams that finished in the bottom half. Where we screwed up was against top half teams with only one win which was at Fulham.In fact our record was 15th out of 19 and even Blackpool, Wolves & Wigan were better.

Of course we'll have off-days like we did at Anfield (where we were dreadful) and Villa Park (where we could have won but never really showed any conviction). But at Everton & Wolves we threw away 3 points from winning positions. At Stoke & Brum we had to settle for 1 point when we had been ahead and looking comfortable. Those 10 points could have won us the title.

The lessons were there and should have been learned last season. In hindsight I believe Yaya should have been the one replaced by Zabaleta. His legs had gone and leaving him on offered us nothing whereas Silva would always be a threat.

Most agree that that first sub was wrong. Every manager gets things wrong, even the best. The big question is would Mancini do anything different if the same thing happened next week? I'm still not sure he would.

Some thoughts.

1. Is the draw a disaster? No.

2. We consider ourselves true contenders for the title. Do we rely on United screwing up or do we rely on our own ability?

3. United are comfortable putting "kids" on the pitch, why aren't we? We all felt Ferdinand's and Vidic's injuries would hurt them. Has it?

4. Did the Silva substitution baffle me? Yes. I got that familiar creeping feeling I had so many times last season, when we made negative substitutions instead of going for the throat, like our biggest rivals for the title do, and it cost us points.

5. Did the Aguero substitution baffle me? Yes. Two goals and looking hot as shit. Aguero can rest against Birmingham. You don't take off the most in form striker on our team sheet when you are looking for 3 points and the score is tied.

6. Clattenburg. Irrelevant. We need to put ourselves in a position where one or two poor decisions by the referee do not affect the outcome of the game. Blaming our performance on the referee is putting the result of the game outside of our control. With the team we have, blaming the referee is just not good enough.

7. "Mancini probably knows more about football than you do." Not, probably, most definitely. Does that make him immune to mistakes?

8. Mancini quote: "It is incredible that we lost these two points. Of course you cannot win every game away from home but this is one that we should have won." Does that sound like someone happy with a draw?

i'm not buying the tired excuse for 2 seconds, the seasons not even 4 weeks old ffs

Comrade Buka said:
7. "Mancini probably knows more about football than you do."

Quite simply the most irritating, brainless, moronic, childish thing that any football fan can say.

Comrade Buka said:
Some thoughts.

1. Is the draw a disaster? No.
Far from a disaster

2. We consider ourselves true contenders for the title. Do we rely on United screwing up or do we rely on our own ability?
of course we rely on our own ability but you're not going to win 34 games in a season and only draw against Chelsea and United the so called smaller teams will put up a fight and get a draw

3. United are comfortable putting "kids" on the pitch, why aren't we? We all felt Ferdinand's and Vidic's injuries would hurt them. Has it?
ok theses so called "kids" have had first team experience at their parent clubs/on loan in the premier league our kids have barely featured 10 games for us or even played at premier league level that's why our kids don't get a look in

4. Did the Silva substitution baffle me? Yes. I got that familiar creeping feeling I had so many times last season, when we made negative substitutions instead of going for the throat, like our biggest rivals for the title do, and it cost us points.
if mancini had kept silva on and gone for the kill and conceded people would be saying why didn't we bang in a defensive player and keep it tight??? we had 75 minutes to kill off Fulham but didn't so the 15 minutes silva wasn't on the pitch is irrelevant...

5. Did the Aguero substitution baffle me? Yes. Two goals and looking hot as shit. Aguero can rest against Birmingham. You don't take off the most in form striker on our team sheet when you are looking for 3 points and the score is tied.
I think you'll find that Aguero got marked out after the 60 min mark he had about 5 players on him so he was finding it hard to get anywhere...

6. Clattenburg. Irrelevant. We need to put ourselves in a position where one or two poor decisions by the referee do not affect the outcome of the game. Blaming our performance on the referee is putting the result of the game outside of our control. With the team we have, blaming the referee is just not good enough.
to be honest I thought the ref had an ok game nothing that really cost us

7. "Mancini probably knows more about football than you do." Not, probably, most definitely. Does that make him immune to mistakes?

8. Mancini quote: "It is incredible that we lost these two points. Of course you cannot win every game away from home but this is one that we should have won." Does that sound like someone happy with a draw?
Its only ever a mistake when it doesn't work in your favour there's probably been more then the odd occasion when mancini has dropped a bollock e.g lately against Napoli he kept Kolarov on when everyone was shouting for him to take him off but then he goes and scores a free-kick which earned us a draw and a point in our first champs league game.... football consists of 60% skill and 40% luck most the time....

Mancini will never be happy with nothing less then a win simple as, especially when we dominate a game for so much like Napoli and Fulham and come away from both with a draw it's probably as equally as frustrating for him as it is for us

We need to adopt an arrogance and swagger in our play and around the club.

The Rags have it, Chelsea had it when winning the League and even Arsenal had it back in the day.

I'm fed up with the Mr Nice Guy image and want us to be ruthless and arrogant about things.......this mentality wins things!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.