Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Danamy said:
We need to adopt an arrogance and swagger in our play and around the club.

The Rags have it, Chelsea had it when winning the League and even Arsenal had it back in the day.

I'm fed up with the Mr Nice Guy image and want us to be ruthless and arrogant about things.......this mentality wins things!!
The "Invincibles" didn't win every League game, and they lost Cup games

Real Madrid lost at the weekend. Last weekend, Barca drew. I am sure their coaches were annoyed, but if you take a step back and look where we have come from and where we are it looks very good

Marvin said:
Danamy said:

The Rags have it, Chelsea had it when winning the League and even Arsenal had it back in the day.

I'm fed up with the Mr Nice Guy image and want us to be ruthless and arrogant about things.......this mentality wins things!!

Real Madrid lost at the weekend. Last weekend, Barca drew. I am sure their coaches were annoyed, but if you take a step back and look where we have come from and where we are it looks very good

I'm not saying it doesn't look good?.........i'm making a general observation of what i think we need to improve us and take us to the next level.

Even Mancini has been quoted in saying that we lack a "Winning Mentality" and he's right, we need an arrogance and swagger about us.

In my humble opinion of course Marvin.............

Danamy said:
Marvin said:
Danamy said:

I'm not saying it doesn't look good?.........i'm making a general observation of what i think we need to improve us and take us to the next level.

Even Mancini has been quoted in saying that we lack a "Winning Mentality" and he's right, we need an arrogance and swagger about us.

In my humble opinion of course Marvin.............
I agree with that.

I was at yesterdays game and what stood out for me was the weakness in our defensive midfielders for me Yaya Toure is a huge threat going forward but when a counter attack is on you might as well ask Moonchester to cover him. If anybody should have been substituted yesterday for me it was him. Hopefully de jong wont be too far from a return.

Though I am sure plenty will disagree it is after all only my view.

We'd do better if every time the ball went in our final third we didn't go "ahhh no!! what's that bouncy thing?? it's it a ball or a bomb? what do we do, what do we do? they've got it, it's moving, oh....they've kicked it in our goal, what do we do now?"

Christ it's like Mark Hughes is the defence coach, twice now this season we've thrown away a 2 goal lead.

576 passes completed vs Fulham

Most in the league so far<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:38 pm --<br /><br />tell a lie - Spurs had 588 but against 9 men Liverpool.

Our defensive discipline seems to have disappeared at the same time our attacking football has become a sight to behold (at times). So the balance is probably not right because it is all good when we dominate and have possession but when we're on the back foot there are frightening reminders of Hughes era defending. The return of De Jong as a proper fifth defensive-minded player might help the overall balance of the team. If Hargreaves stays fit he is also very good at breaking up play.

Re: 576 passes completed vs Fulham

1st rule of football coaching, pass the ball for a reason

2nd rule of football coaching, defend as a unit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.