Fulham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Fulham v CityPost Match Discussion Thread

we looked like arsenal from last year,all fancy tapy tip tap football and getting nowhere and then conceding two goals out of nothing.our ourselves to blame for that today though.

So far this season its been a demolition derby but City have blinked first whilst United storm on.

In a normal title challenge a point away at Fulham after four wins on the bounce would represent a decent result but not this year. This year we had to be consistently sensational. And unfortunately we were bound to have an 'off' 45 minutes at some point.

Having said that, fuck all this fantasy football. Give me a hard-fought ground out 1-0 win over Everton next week and we're back on track.

Very frustrating.

Fulham did well though and never gave up. They wanted it more in midfield and really fought hard. We didn`t match them in this department and thought it would be too easy.

Again, we need to be more ruthless and clinical.

chase of spades said:
we cant win them all can we!!

Should have fookin waltzed that though 2 up FFS! A fookin calamity , nothing less. Dzeko was abysmal, utterly abysmal and don´t get me started on Nasri

hgblue said:
Silva off, Zabeleta on. Answers on a postcard from the 'Mancini isn't negative' brigade please.

Fulham have some big bastards in their team and, maybe that's the thinking? Having said that, why keep giving Clichy the ball to cross for one of aforementioned big Fulham bastards to simply nod clear.

Just one of them game I reckon, Fulham are better than their league placing suggests

Unlucky conceding that second goal, but we probably should have made more than two changes to the starting line up, I think we looked a bit leggy for some reason an unusual amount of sloppy passing. That said we still created chances and on another day would of won but we didn't, not great but not the worst thing in the world.

Damocles said:
Probably the right result from that game. The second half, they had fire in their bellies and we didn't. Mancini's attempts to counteract this by bringing on the hard tackling Zab had a small affect, but not enough to turn the game.

Our biggest problem is that, yet again we overplayed the ball and tried to play great football instead of successful football.

I've mentioned in another thread that perhaps our bulletproof defence looks a little shaky at present.

Whilst a point at Fulham isn't the greatest result ever, I'm confident that we're going in the right direction. Our injuries in midfield necessitated our selection of the guys who played CL this week.

To single out a few players, not just from today but things that I've noticed this season, I'm a little frustrated that Yaya isn't moving the ball quicker and this time spent deciding is slowing our counters. Secondly, I feel that Lescott is not really suited to the style of football that we play, as he isn't adventurous enough with his passing, which again slows down our attacks.

If we forget the hyperbole for a moment that the media like to give us, we're still learning as a team and within a new found momentum going forward. With this, our defenders have to adjust, as do our ball playing midfielders.

As I say, unhappy with the result, but confident walking into Everton game. Full marks to Fulham, they fought harder than we did in the second half and they won every 50/50.

Hey Damocles..Don't let people see you questioning our defense! Kompany is NEVER in the wrong...Sorry to many errors for me and Lescott is average and so predictable.I want to debate Joe Hart but think I am in a minority..He just does not inspire confidence.Richards did ok today mind...We need at least one world class centre half..When opposing teams put us under pressure we are totally clueless

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Sky Blue said:
I love Bob but fuck me still shaking my head at Zab for Silva.

What would you say if Silva was injured?
Silva was bemused to come off. Mancini was trying to protect the lead and rest Silva IMO but Silva looked very disappointed to come off.

Shite performance second half. Don't know what he was thinking taking silva off, I'd have taken Nasri off instead. Yaya shouldn't have played today, looked fucking shattered from luck off and couldn't put a pass together. Also don't think tevez should have come on. Balo looked like he had a lot more running in his game when he came on the other night whilst Tevez looks a few weeks off full fitness.
On the plus side we'd have lost that two years back!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.