Fulham Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Too slow to start. Passing to slow and inaccurate. Pressing to slow. Then on 30 mins we woke up - dominated the game from there on in. Still trying to walk the ball into the net though. Getting the ball across the area quickly resulted in Aguero's goal at the back stick then we reverted to trying to walk the ball in.
We definitely need to mix it up more - to shoot and cross more (though with Auguero and Tevez up front crossing may be a bit of a waste). We dominated the second half but were not in anyway clinical. Mario came on on 63 mins and was unlucky on a couple of occasions - having him on the pitch certainly stopped Fulham playing too deep. Then on comes Dzeko and in a 7 minute cameo wins the game. Unstoppable turn and shot and then he plays some great stuff on the left opening Fulham up like a can of beans. LEGEND.

As to their pen all I can say is it was a foul. but it was outside the area. It was at the start of the game when we were too slow to catch a cold.

It says a lot when we have supposedly gone through a 'bad patch' and we come out of it unbeaten in 6 games having gone to three of the toughest away grounds in the country and played Arsenal at home.

If you look at last season, we drew at Craven Cottage, the Brittania and Anfield so I'd say we're on target.

Now we have:

Sunderland (H)
West Brom (A)
Swansea (H)
West Ham (A)
Spurs (H)

If you swap West Ham for who they replaced last year, Wolves, then we took 11 points from those games last season.

I think we should aim to preserve our unbeaten run and take 11 or 13 from those games, then things will look a lot better.

Important win this,dzeko deserves to start games,but tevez and aguero are mancini's first choice pairing as would be the majority of fans,but dzeko atm should be starting ahead of mancini's pet project ballotelli,get the impression with mario its either he's up for the game or not,and atm he's not up to any.....

Chris in London said:
Two interesting stats:

From espn, possession 29:71 in our favour

From the BBC website: possession 50:50

?

Anyone with a tiny bit of sense could see that game wasn't 50:50 possession. Fuckin idiots the BBC.

Seasideblue said:
HA Ha BBC Website has us 1 1 at full time

Arsenal 1 - 2 Chelsea FT
Everton 3 - 1 Southampton FT
Fulham 1 - 1 Man City FT
Norwich 0 - 2 Liverpool FT
Reading 0 - 0 Newcastle FT
Stoke 2 - 0 Swansea FT

Same with Sky

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea
Everton 3-1 Southampton
Fulham 1-2 City
Norwich 2-5 Liverpool
Reading 1-1 Newcastle
Stoke 2-0 Swansea
Sunderland 1-0 Wigan

Are the actual results.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Seasideblue said:
HA Ha BBC Website has us 1 1 at full time

Arsenal 1 - 2 Chelsea FT
Everton 3 - 1 Southampton FT
Fulham 1 - 1 Man City FT
Norwich 0 - 2 Liverpool FT
Reading 0 - 0 Newcastle FT
Stoke 2 - 0 Swansea FT

Same with Sky

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea
Everton 3-1 Southampton
Fulham 1-2 City
Norwich 2-5 Liverpool
Reading 1-1 Newcastle
Stoke 2-0 Swansea
Sunderland 1-0 Wigan

Are the actual results.
Close but Newcastle was 2-2

LoveCity said:
I think we could have cashed in on him really and spent the money in other departments. The 4th striker role does not need to be a world class player IMO, most clubs don't even have four real strikers to call on. I think we're the only club in the world with four really high profile forwards. Guidetti would have done in the role for me with money invested in the midfield.

You're right.Guidetti could easily be that man.Fuck me i'd sooner have bought Fletcher over Mario,he's honest,powerful,works for the team and knows where the bag is......

Second point also valid - 2 quality wide men are badly needed (still.....)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.