Fulham Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

BlueAnorak said:
Too slow to start. Passing to slow and inaccurate. Pressing to slow. Then on 30 mins we woke up - dominated the game from there on in. Still trying to walk the ball into the net though. Getting the ball across the area quickly resulted in Aguero's goal at the back stick then we reverted to trying to walk the ball in.
We definitely need to mix it up more - to shoot and cross more (though with Auguero and Tevez up front crossing may be a bit of a waste). We dominated the second half but were not in anyway clinical. Mario came on on 63 mins and was unlucky on a couple of occasions - having him on the pitch certainly stopped Fulham playing too deep. Then on comes Dzeko and in a 7 minute cameo wins the game. Unstoppable turn and shot and then he plays some great stuff on the left opening Fulham up like a can of beans. LEGEND.

As to their pen all I can say is it was a foul. but it was outside the area. It was at the start of the game when we were too slow to catch a cold.

Dont be so fuckin optimistic mate.

first of all edin is a hero, silva was amazing today, defence was good and we would have a clean sheet if not for the ref, nastasic look like a superb buy especially at this age garcia was good the only one for me that wasn't good today was barry, last year he was superb right now he is really bad and i dont know what match u guys who say he played good today saw.great team performance bring on dortmund!!!

Blumers Bloomers said:
Havent most of Edin's goals come when he's come off the bench?

His minutes played to goals ratio must be phenomenal
In the league it's 1 goal per 89 minutes.
Incl the CL game its 74 minutes.

Stoned Rose said:
Chris in London said:
Two interesting stats:

From espn, possession 29:71 in our favour

From the BBC website: possession 50:50

?

Anyone with a tiny bit of sense could see that game wasn't 50:50 possession. Fuckin idiots the BBC.

On the stream I was watching it showed 50:50 possession after about 35 minutes which I thought was optimistic then

Assuming The espn figure is right, that's a tremendous performance. Fulham are no mugs and hey had the ball for less than 30% of a match on their own pitch

EaglesFan said:
Stoned Rose said:
Easily our best performance of the season so far.

Shades of last season at times with some excellent movement, passing and linking up.

5 major differences for me today:

1. Attitude - looked like we wanted it from the word go. We came to win and to take no shit. Kept our heads when going a goal down.

2. Barry - excellent, he totally ran the midfield and that allowed Garcia to 'relax' and do 'his' own thing.

3. Silva - best performance for fucking months. Looked like he's rediscovered his 'zip', was extremely bright throughout. Popped up all over the pitch and was to hot to handle. Soooo pleased for David.

4. Pressing - this is something sadly lacking up til today. Last year we were hungry as fuck for every ball, we were pressing teams very quickly and hunting in packs. Defending from the front. This was back in full effect today and if you show desire like that you wont often go wrong.

5. Edin Dzeko - we have him, Fulham doesnt. :-)

Just tweaked your post a bit, mate - hope you dont mind :-)

Hee :) sound mate no worries :)

SkyBlueFlux said:
It says a lot when we have supposedly gone through a 'bad patch' and we come out of it unbeaten in 6 games having gone to three of the toughest away grounds in the country and played Arsenal at home.

If you look at last season, we drew at Craven Cottage, the Brittania and Anfield so I'd say we're on target.

Now we have:

Sunderland (H)
West Brom (A)
Swansea (H)
West Ham (A)
Spurs (H)

If you swap West Ham for who they replaced last year, Wolves, then we took 11 points from those games last season.

I think we should aim to preserve our unbeaten run and take 11 or 13 from those games, then things will look a lot better.

With 3 of the next 5 at home I'd hope for 5 wins, and with todays win, it evens us up with last season after the draw against Arsenal, would like to see the Chelsea bubble burst though.

I don't think the Balo bashing is healthy. Right now he is a sub trying to find his feet.

Wooooooohoooooooooooooooooo

Silva looked sharp, Edwin Star our saviour.
Best performance so far, but still to get better.

Chris in London said:
Stoned Rose said:
Chris in London said:
Two interesting stats:

From espn, possession 29:71 in our favour

From the BBC website: possession 50:50

?

Anyone with a tiny bit of sense could see that game wasn't 50:50 possession. Fuckin idiots the BBC.

On the stream I was watching it showed 50:50 possession after about 35 minutes which I thought was optimistic then

Assuming The espn figure is right, that's a tremendous performance. Fulham are no mugs and hey had the ball for less than 30% of a match on their own pitch
Performance was a step up on previous games which was required. I thought we were quite good at home to Arsenal but only played for 45 mins.

Quite amusing that Arsenal been lauded all week as potential winners, and yet we are 3 points clear of them.

Confidence restored

Gutted for Joe, should have had a clean sheet. By the refs standards for the penalty then we should've had 2 or 3 penalties. Good performance from Scwarzer though. I wonder why mid-table team keepers always have good games against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.