Fulham Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Am I just blind?

samharris said:
MOTD picking on vinnie ffs.. nearly scored an own goal ffs passing the ball across the box ffs...is that really all they have got ??

Thinking about it, it is quite probable than Hansen spent the afternoon watching the dippers at Norwich and then the early evening watching the rags lose to spuds. There wouldn't then be time to watch our game in full and decide what the angle for that evening's show would be.

Rather suggests that they had decided before a ball was kicked yesterday that their piece was going to be 'City's defensive frailties', expecting that we would either lose or at best draw. As things went, they have ended up ignoring the four penalty shouts (one given, three not), City's domination of the game (their possession stat of 50:50 is just laughable) Dzeko's impact and Silva's brilliance. They have scraped together three or four things where Kompany didn't defend perfectly - same as you could have picked out three or four things in any centre back's game from any match this season - and made that their "analysis".

In other words, the researcher given the brief of watching the game was told what to look for in advance, and City didn't play along with the script.

Poor programme.

summer of 69 said:
Did anyone piss themselves laughing at Bacon Face going on with himself about not enough injury time? His voice started to squeak like Alan Ball's.

Yet he moaned that we got too much on the final day... ARF !!

SlauterPFK said:
FantasyIreland said:
SlauterPFK said:
Barry was awesome, Silva very creative...Tevez and Clichy useless

Where did you watch the game?

on tv :)

what's wrong?

Nothing wrong......

I watched on TV as well,Tevez,as ever,gave his all and looked a handful again.
MOTD must just have focused on his better moments as well......

bluevengence said:
LHarper said:
samharris said:
went on for about 10 mins..awesome to be there..

Was a quality rendition of it today - didn't know when it was going to end.

Thought the support was a lot better today than at Stoke in general as well.

Great day all round. Just need to watch MOTD for Spurs finally getting 3 points at the Swamp to top it off!

I was in with the neutrals and managed to get a party of five Italians and a couple
of Slovakians joining in,they loved it...great away day it was like wandering around a
Hugh Grant film set down there

Always a good day at Fulham V. I heard it was over £55 for neutral tickets,is that true??

mancity1 said:
Looks like we are one mooner short today.

Lionheart is out chasing camel.

Camel eating surrender monkey always gives up before we even play. Gave the league up very many weeks before we WON it last season.

Great game. Watched it online and despite Halsey we looked much more like the City of last season, we can finally actually keep the ball. Although listening to the dribble on MOTD this morning you'd think we were still rubbish.

Re: Am I just blind?

im not one for agendas,i personally dont think there is one,

last night i settled down to watch match of the day,i dont usually watch it,but with it being a win and hearing we played well,not to mention i was out all day and didnt listen or watch the match i thought lovely jubly.

they showed the highlights we looked good,but just after the tevez"penalty" the commentator said something about city havent played well ?

they brought the stats up and i touched on this 50-50 possesion,now i heard or someone said martin jol had said were the best team theyve played,blah blah and city had 70% possession.

ah well,ill listen to what the pundits say,firstly they said they wont talk about the pens ,i thought it was wrong,they are a football programme its there fucking job.
then they went on to slating vinny ?

we had played fulham off the pitch
we had a very debateable, no fucking rediculess penalty against us
we should of had at least two pens,and all they do it a charactor assasination on vinny,it made me feel a little bit sick.

ColinLee said:
Great game. Watched it online and despite Halsey we looked much more like the City of last season, we can finally actually keep the ball. Although listening to the dribble on MOTD this morning you'd think we were still rubbish.
Gareth Barry back

squirtyflower said:
ColinLee said:
Gareth Barry back

Yup he does a decent job keeps the ball moving dont give it away and puts himself about a bit

Pound for pound one of the best signings the club made post take over he has been a bargain

Thought we played really well. We attacked with more numbers, David Silva was sublime. We managed to get Zabba in behind them 2 or 3 times, which was a feature of our play last season with Richards (please come back soon Micah!). A comfortable 2-0 win away from home at statistically one of the toughest away games in the Premier League. I say 2-0, because that's what it should have been but for a blind ref. And i find it hilarious that every pundit is saying we should be concerned at failing to keep a clean sheet again. What the fuck could we do to stop that goal????????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.