Fulham, well done you deserve it.

Ye they really deserve it, as for their supporters well...d@ck head give us a song..fair play.(carling cup 200)

blumoonrises said:
Skashion said:
I feel happy for those two or three thousand genuine Fulham fans who were there before Al-Fayed. Otherwise, they are the ultimate gloryhunting club. No fanbase I can think of has swelled the ranks of its matchgoing fans as much as Fulham.

Bit harsh..! Al-Fayed's been there 15yrs.. you can't call any fans that have been going for 10-15yrs glory hunters..!

I bloody well can. Rags who think football started in 92 are the very definition of the glory hunter. Since Al-Fayed came to Fulham it's been nothing but climbing the league for them (with the pinnacle of that climb now being a European final!) and shockingly their average attendances have mirrored that rise and are now two-and-a-half times what they were when Al-Fayed took over. Even the rags didn't manage that!

What as happened to the so callefd big 4 from last year? Looks like the year of the noisy neighbour.;)

Skashion said:
blumoonrises said:
Bit harsh..! Al-Fayed's been there 15yrs.. you can't call any fans that have been going for 10-15yrs glory hunters..!

I bloody well can. Rags who think football started in 92 are the very definition of the glory hunter. Since Al-Fayed came to Fulham it's been nothing but climbing the league for them (with the pinnacle of that climb now being a European final!) and shockingly their average attendances have mirrored that rise and are now two-and-a-half times what they were when Al-Fayed took over. Even the rags didn't manage that!

What glory would they have been hunting..? They've never won anythin..!

blumoonrises said:
Skashion said:

Exactly, the same who say we've got a "new" breed of "gloryhunters"... we've not looked like winning anything yet, so how can you seek glory with a team who haven't got close to winning anything yet?

blumoonrises said:
Skashion said:

So you're saying their attendances have been unaffected by two promotions and football at the highest standard in the world against the biggest names in world football? You're saying had they remained in the third flight, Fulham would still be seeing gates of nearly 24,000?

-- Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:22 pm --

GStar said:
blumoonrises said:

Exactly, the same who say we've got a "new" breed of "gloryhunters"... we've not looked like winning anything yet, so how can you seek glory with a team who haven't got close to winning anything yet?

Difference is our attendances haven't rocketed for no apparent reason. There's no actual fact to substantiate it.

Fantastic result for Fulham , and from a goal down too .......

if only we'd shown the same resilience against Hamburg last season ......

i'd love to see Fulham win the trophy now , but they've got some game on with that Athletico Madrid side.

Skashion said:
So you're saying their attendances have been unaffected by two promotions and football at the highest standard in the world against the biggest names in world football? You're saying had they remained in the third flight, Fulham would still be seeing gates of nearly 24,000?

No, he's saying they can't have glory hunters because in the grand scheme of things, they've had no glory. Maybe the awareness of the club has been raised with each promotion, maybe Al Fayed is a good businessman and helped increase attendances to what is in reality, a sub par Premiership attendence.

How you can call any Fulham fan a glory hunter, i think its well wide of the mark.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.