Funniest remark heard at City game?

Not at a game, but at the pub watching us play swansea away last year, and this happens very frequently.

But it always tickles me when one of our players go in for a tackle, and the ref gives them a yellow. This results in dozens of people yelling and telling the ref to do one. Then the replay comes on cue a dozen blues saying: "fair enough"

It was not at the ground but in the pub when City beat Burnley away 1-6. As City 6th goal went in , some lad" shouted at the tele " come on City , we can win this !! "

I can remember when Tommy Morrison was in net for us at Maine Road. There was a fella sat near me, he had a deep, broad accent and on the pitch Morrison was guarding the ball letting it roll slowly out of play and this chap was offering soothing words of encouragement - "That's it Tommy lad, that's the way, that's it lad." Just as the ball was about to roll out of play, Morrison panicked and oofed it into the stand. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING AT MORRISON YOU FUCKING PRICK!!" he barked with a lot more effing besides. Not a remark as such but what tickled me was the quickness from calm, relaxed tones to outraged outburst.

Lazy arse missed that pen in the final game. On the bus home it was standing only. Driver just about to move off and a bloke shouts, "Can you wait an hour, Fowlers running to catch the bus ."

Sat on a bus to Piccadilly after the 6-1 A United fan with a Belfast accent casually remarks:
" I've been coming thirty years and I've never seen us let in 5 goals at home"

Now that was funny

BlueAnorak said:
Two blokes bring about 5 kids into the Family stand against Wycombe Wanderers @1999.
Wycombe take the lead due to a refereeing error. A chorus of "The referees a W*nker" follows from the Kippax.
One of the little lads says: "Dad, what's a ...."
(Sharp intake of breath from all the fathers around in earshot expecting the question that can be a little awkward to answer)
Little lad continues :" ... referee?"
(Hysterics all round)

brilliant!

During the last derby when Rio hoofed the ball up field for the tenth time of the first half, my mum shouted "another camels hoof" then slunk back quickly as she realised what she had said. Gave a few people a chuckle anyway, including me.

It was a midweek cup match against someone like Notts County, I forget which cup. We ended up winning 6 or 7 one. When we went 4 - 0 up I said to the old bloke next to me "Even City can't lose this".

He scowled at me and said "How long have you be coming here lad?"
I said "About 20 years" and he replied, completely seriously, "And you come out with shit like that"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.