Funniest thing you have heard at a match

maineroad68 said:
nor will i ever forget the random heckler who used to sit near me in kippax. playing bolton one night and their player Phillips took a throw in right in front of us and random heckler shouts 'oi! phillips, your screwdrivers are shit'. a glorious moment. if not just for the sea of puzzled expressions around me.

Classic! Only at City!

BlueTurban said:
Who remembers the tannoy announcements for stewards about fires? Cant remember it exactly but it was 'mr somebody has entered the building', whole kippax stood up and cheer. About 10mins later ?mr somebody has left the building'. Whole stadium cheered! Fuckin hilarious!

Those announcements were actually bomb alerts when rag twats used to ring up and say that they had planted a bomb in the main stand. The announcer would then say Mr. Banks is in the Main Stand.

MCfcBOB said:
During the 07/08 season. Remember the tannoys asking for the "red team leader" and the.. "yellow team leader" and the... "green team leader"

?

They are signals for the stewards. Yellow team leader is said when they're is a suspect package and the stewards have to go look for it. Red team leader is for the stadium to be evacuated immediatley and Green team leader is everything is ok again.

I once heard an attempt at racist abuse that left many baffled.

An irate fan shouted at a City player (name long since forgotten) that he should proceed home as he was nothing more than a 'melted wellie'.

Most people around the guy took the pi$$ as they considered that wellies are green!

It ended up that the guy said nowt after that, which was a definitive result.

Was at Aberdeen vs Hibs, 24th May 2009. The game was alright, Aberdeen were 2 - 0 up, with a goal via Lee Miller's arse:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6ExCGQh55g[/youtube]

and Charlie Mulgrew scored a trademark free kick.

I was sitting in the South Stand near the half-way line. About 7 rows from the front. The ball had been played out for a throw in and Derek Riordan was near the throw in taker (who was in line with the block i was sitting in), the whole stand was really quiet and someone behind me bellowed out: "Derek Riordan your a fucking mink", Derek looked up made a kissy face in the fans direction then went on his way.

The whole stand burst into laughter, we stopped laughing when the fucker went onto score a goal just before half-time!

Remember the old guy who used to preach outside Maine Road, holding up a placard with 'The End is Nigh' and other random biblical quotations, promising hellfire and damnation to all sinners?
One Boxing Day in the late 80s he was near the Kippax turnstiles rather than near the souvenir shop, which was his more usual haunt. He was shouting something about the evils of the demon drink and, turning to the freezing, half-pissed masses waiting to go in, he said: "Look at all those red noses!"
A big, hard-looking beer monster in the queue turned around and said: Oi, shut the f*** up, Moses. We're all blue noses."
Got the biggest cheer of the day!

Didsberry blue said:
Can someone assist my alcohol addled memory? I seem to recall somewhere through the haze of the 98-99 promotion season, there was a real turning point at home against Stoke. At a time when we couldn't buy a win, on a freezing cold christmas night fixture we were absolutely dreadful in the first half.

I remember some guy waving a frozen chicken around his head (seem to remember this happened on a few occasions) and whipping the crowd up into a rousing chorus of "Chi-cken is a city fan, Chi-cken is a city fan"

Second half Dickov scored early on and I think Gareth Taylor got the other. The chicken was whirled with increasing vigour and the "Chi-cken is a city fan" song got louder.

In my mind that was the turning point for City. We hardly lost again that season and that run was triggered that night. I think the chicken had everything to do with it.

Did I imagine this? Is my memory correct about the game?

Ahh "Chicken-Man"......... he sat in the Platt Lane about 10 rows in front of me and he brought a chicken to every game for a while. The story i heard was that he was a chef in town somewhere and either got sacked or was threatened with it unless he stopped doing this, bizarre but true i do believe!

a couple of seasons ago when we played birmingham at home. the bloke behind me was talkin about mickael forsell and asked his mate next to him what his name was, so the guy said, " errrr i think his name is vassel, yep its darius vassell" i couldnt help but laugh and then had to turn round and correct the bloke, he looked abit sheepish after!

At a rather scrappy match in the late 80's I used my dads Main Stand season ticket (a step down from the Kippax of course).

About four seats to my left and one row in front there was a dad and his son (about 10 years old).

All the first half the kid was shouting things like "get stuck in City its a red meat game" "Its a red meat game remember" and variations on the red meat theme!

With about ten minutes to go the dad shouts at the lad to shut up and what the bloody hell are you on about?

"But thats what you said dad!"

The dad was so baffled he spent the rest of the game asking the people around him, who apparently knew him well if he had ever said this.

There must have been 20 or 30 people mulling this (as it was more interesting than the game) it had become almost an obsession for them all to figure out where the lad had got this phrase from.

I still dont know if the answer but if anyone here was part of that group please let me know where the lad got the phrase from (answers on a postcard)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.