Funniest thing you have heard at a match

simonk said:
sdm said:
Not said or heard but does anyone remember that bloke walking round maine road a few years ago,dressed as a troll with a brown robe on ,with Luke Chadwick written on the back? PMSL

yeah - it was the hunchback of Nottre Dam
we saw him walking slowly dragging his foot , bent down across the kippax concourse - took him ages to get level with us - all thinking whos this mad bastard - until we saw the chadwick on his back.
a legend

had exactlythe same experience except i was sat in my seat in the kippax and saw him walking towards me and i'm thinking wtf? pissed myself when he walked past and i saw his back.never forget this.

nor will i ever forget the random heckler who used to sit near me in kippax. playing bolton one night and their player Phillips took a throw in right in front of us and random heckler shouts 'oi! phillips, your screwdrivers are shit'. a glorious moment. if not just for the sea of puzzled expressions around me.

heres another one, Palace at home in 04/05. Palace's keeper, it was either Speroni or some Hungarian fella, was wearin these daft tracksuits instead of shorts, he makes a save, and all of us in the south stand start chantin', 'You've got Pyjamas on, You've got Pyjamas on'. Another one is at home vs Portsmouth, same season, Redknapp had left for Southampton, and Pompey had taken that Peter Kay song, so we started chantin 'Na na na.....Harry Redknapp shit on you', entire south stand just sung that for about 20 mins flat, then a bit more later on, classic.

Some annoying woman last season wouldn't stop moaning at caicedo all game but shouting sturridge thinking it was him, and sturridge was stood 10 yards away warming up on the touchline turning round hearing this woman shouting and wondering what he had done wrong!

Can't remember what game it was but Bradbury got subbed and when the tannoy man announced he was going off a geezer behind us shouts "get him off he's shit" which got a few chuckles, straight away the tannoy announces who had replaced him (can't remember who it was) and this geezer shouts out in the same voice "get him off his shit" cue everyone in earshot pissing their sides. The football might of been shite but them dark days wernt half a good nobble.

Two tales, both involve Norwich City, weirdly enough!!

Firstly, Maine Road, sat in the Main Stand and Jamie Pollock starts warming up along the touchline. He gets to near where we are sitting and a couple of lads behind us start shouting "Jamie, Jamie"......

He looks up and applauds them, made up with his recognition and starts doing a few stretches, the lads then proceed, "Jamie, Jamie...... you look like Bruce fookin Forsyth and play football as well as he does too"

They then carried on with all the "Brucie-isms" available, such as "Good Game", "Nice To See You, to see you nice", "You get nothing for a pair - not in this game".... etc etc

After a couple of minutes of this, Jamie decided to warm up further down the touchline!!!

The other one, is what I heard at a game and what I saw....

Norwich away, mid 90's (may have been that Friday when the IRA bombed the motorway??) and we had been on the receiving end of some dubious decisions by a dodgy linesman.

After the umpteenth shite decision, this lad who was in the front row, decided to try and "bribe" the linesman....

Every time the ball was in our half, this lad would run alongside the linesman with a wad of money in his hand, trying to persuade the linesman to give us a decision..... the lad done it for absolutely ages and it was as funny as, seeing him with all this money, pleading with the linesman, who was just trying to do his job!!!!

Can someone assist my alcohol addled memory? I seem to recall somewhere through the haze of the 98-99 promotion season, there was a real turning point at home against Stoke. At a time when we couldn't buy a win, on a freezing cold christmas night fixture we were absolutely dreadful in the first half.

I remember some guy waving a frozen chicken around his head (seem to remember this happened on a few occasions) and whipping the crowd up into a rousing chorus of "Chi-cken is a city fan, Chi-cken is a city fan"

Second half Dickov scored early on and I think Gareth Taylor got the other. The chicken was whirled with increasing vigour and the "Chi-cken is a city fan" song got louder.

In my mind that was the turning point for City. We hardly lost again that season and that run was triggered that night. I think the chicken had everything to do with it.

Did I imagine this? Is my memory correct about the game?

Ja Salford Blue said:
Went to Oxfords old Mannor ground, it was about 96-97 in the middle of winter, the away end was a tiny shit stand with no roof on. 3 city fans climbed up onto the roof of a house behind the stand and proberbly had a better view than us. Anyway this bloke and his missus come out of the house and start shouting at these city fans to get down, to which one of the 3 blues reply "fuck off and put the kettle on, its fuckin freezing up here"

funny as fuck at the time

haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.