Fury vs Haye 28th Sep

Just watched the pre fight conference on youtube,That Adam smith looked like a scared kid sat between them too,Really looking forward to the fight and hope Tyson leathers haye.

Wretched Vengeance said:
Haye: to quick, to clever, to powerful.

Too quick, too clever, too powerful.

Just watched press conference - quite like fury and haye. Will be good to watch. I think haye will win.

worsleyweb said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
Haye: to quick, to clever, to powerful.

Too quick, too clever, too powerful.

Just watched press conference - quite like fury and haye. Will be good to watch. I think haye will win.

Long week, too many Budweiser's.

I appreciate the lesson.

grammar Nazi kunt. :)

Haye is a few levels above Fury, but for Haye to win, he has to overcome the problems that he had when he faced Valuev and Waldimir. He stank the place out in both fights because he couldn't find a way to really land anything of note on an opponent of such size. He caught Valuev late on, but other than that, he landed half a dozen punches per round. You can have a big speed advantage, but if you can't get on the inside to land your shots, you're going to make the fight much closer than it ought to be really. He's been inactive lately aswell which isn't going to help as Fury's conditioning is pretty good. He also won't get away with dropping to a knee everytime Fury leans on him, like he did against Wladimir.

He does have the explosiveness and power to KO Fury, and he's technically the better fighter by a fair distance, but if Haye is as hesitant as he was against the other bigger heavyweights, and Fury warms to the task. it could be a tough night for Haye.

ono said:
Haye is a few levels above Fury, but for Haye to win, he has to overcome the problems that he had when he faced Valuev and Waldimir. He stank the place out in both fights because he couldn't find a way to really land anything of note on an opponent of such size. He caught Valuev late on, but other than that, he landed half a dozen punches per round. You can have a big speed advantage, but if you can't get on the inside to land your shots, you're going to make the fight much closer than it ought to be really. He's been inactive lately aswell which isn't going to help as Fury's conditioning is pretty good. He also won't get away with dropping to a knee everytime Fury leans on him, like he did against Wladimir.

He does have the explosiveness and power to KO Fury, and he's technically the better fighter by a fair distance, but if Haye is as hesitant as he was against the other bigger heavyweights, and Fury warms to the task. it could be a tough night for Haye.

Good assessment. Do you think Fury can replicate a Wladimir style game plan though? I think Fury's boxing ability is massively over rated. Regarding Valuev, I can forgive Haye for fighting that way and yeah it wasn't pretty but it was effective.

For me Fury is there to be hit, and Cunningham didn't have it in him to finish him off but Haye has the killer instinct.

Looking forward to this. I think Haye has it though.

I keep mentioning that Tyson keeps going after UFC heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez, well today was no different. He wrote this:

Tyson Fury ‏@Tyson_Fury
After I do Haye I'm coming for u @cainmma

BO9_enZCQAExow8.jpg

Love him or hate him, he know's how to create publicity for himself!

oman0115 said:
ono said:

Good assessment. Do you think Fury can replicate a Wladimir style game plan though? I think Fury's boxing ability is massively over rated. Regarding Valuev, I can forgive Haye for fighting that way and yeah it wasn't pretty but it was effective.

For me Fury is there to be hit, and Cunningham didn't have it in him to finish him off but Haye has the killer instinct.
Yeah don't get me wrong, Fury is not close to the level of Wlad, but i think Haye has trouble dealing with an upright stance from a tall fighter, especially since he is more weary of the power of a big heavyweight. As effective as he was against Valuev, he was lucky to get the decision. I think Sky had him losing the fight and i think i had it a draw, and that's against a very limited opponent. He's just a cautious fighter when he's in there with a bigger fighter.

Against smaller fighters like Chisora, Barrett and Ruiz, he's been far more aggressive. Against taller guys like Klitschko, Valuev and even Harrison (before he decided to throw a punch) he's been much more cautious and i personally think this is because he doesn't actually know how to get on the inside without turning it into a more physical fight where his opponent can lean on him. Against Wlad he had the excuse about him not being able to push off because he broke his toe, but in truth he had the same problem against Valuev, and he could have the same problem against Fury. I think it all hinges on how careful Fury is. He can make it a very tough fight for Haye if he's smart. If he's as careless as he was early doors against Cunningham, Haye will KO him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.