Future Wingers

I tend to agree with the majority of what you said, but just left footed left wingers are almost extinct, every left footer is an inverted winger now. And to convert them properly they need raw pace and great low crossing. Mahrez is a great playmaker but he's not really known to burn defenders with pace, he relies on body feints and agility

Bailey's teammate Moussa Diaby is someone who we maybe could go for. He's a similar playee to Bailey and is keeping Bailey on the bench while being younger. His speed is almost Sané levels
Sane was an inverted winger when we signed him. So why limit ourselves now to only looking for someone who currently plays on the left? It doesn't make sense. If someone has the right skillset and attributes to play for us as a left winger, it doesn't matter if they're currently playing on the right wing, central midfield or as a central striker.

Mahrez could easily play on the left, he's more than quick enough and he wouldn't suddenly lose the body feints and agility if we changed his position. He's got the shooting ability to go across the keeper from the left and his crossing ability is very good, playing on the left would just give him more opportunities to get crosses in. I highly doubt Mahrez would want to do it though, he seems very selfish in general and wants the individual glory for the odd wonder goal he does score from cutting in from the right.

Sane was an inverted winger when we signed him. So why limit ourselves now to only looking for someone who currently plays on the left? It doesn't make sense. If someone has the right skillset and attributes to play for us as a left winger, it doesn't matter if they're currently playing on the right wing, central midfield or as a central striker.

Mahrez could easily play on the left, he's more than quick enough and he wouldn't suddenly lose the body feints and agility if we changed his position. He's got the shooting ability to go across the keeper from the left and his crossing ability is very good, playing on the left would just give him more opportunities to get crosses in. I highly doubt Mahrez would want to do it though, he seems very selfish in general and wants the individual glory for the odd wonder goal he does score from cutting in from the right.
I think ESTS point is that there are few explosive left footed wingers out there. Regardless of what position they play.

Don't know how true that is as I haven't been following football this year as in years past.

I think ESTS point is that there are few explosive left footed wingers out there. Regardless of what position they play.

Don't know how true that is as I haven't been following football this year as in years past.
In regard to wingers he's correct, hence why I said we should broaden our horizons and look for specific skillsets. For example Miggy Almiron at Newcastle; currently playing attacking midfield/second striker but he's got everything, he needs to add consistency to his game absolutely but he could definitely work with a bit of Pep's tactical magic and restricting him to the "simple things".

Why would we possibly want another right footed player on the left? It's absolutely destroyed the speed of our attack this season, and that's with Sterling, who is one of the best wingers in world football.
Because he is a much better dribbler than Sterling and has a better shot. Sterling is a pure RW/SS looking at his skillset. Rashica is someone who can get past someone without just running. But yeah where u gonna find another Sané. Another reason to pay him.

Might as well try to include Gnabry in the Sané deal. Highly doubt Bayern would agree too it though, but Gnabry would be perfect. He's got exceptional end product for a winger, is still young, and equally as good on LW as RW

Edit: I really rate Ferran Torres too. Seems like the type of signing we go after. Underhyped with world class potential. He's a bit like Sancho but much more toned down with the skill moves and flair. Both do not have blistering pace, but are still quick. Instead they have incredible vision and understanding of the game. Torres seems to be almost completely two footed too

Last edited:
If Sane goes take Davis in the deal and buy Dembele from Barca, very quick, tall uses both feet very well, a problem child that could be a worldie, and they need the cash, him Braaf,Mahrez and Streling are all very different wingers

Because he is a much better dribbler than Sterling and has a better shot. Sterling is a pure RW/SS looking at his skillset. Rashica is someone who can get past someone without just running. But yeah where u gonna find another Sané. Another reason to pay him.
I agree with Sterling being a pure RW or SS, absolutely. We just need a left footed version now; if or seemingly when Sane leaves.

If Sane goes take Davis in the deal and buy Dembele from Barca, very quick, tall uses both feet very well, a problem child that could be a worldie, and they need the cash, him Braaf,Mahrez and Streling are all very different wingers

Bayern will not be selling their up and coming stars (Davis and Gnabry) and they are not looking to leave. Dembele is unfortunately extremely injury prone and has some personal issues that seem to prevent him from performing. We may never know the background but he reminds me of Mario too much.

Dembele would be amazing if he were actually able to play consistently. I think Dembele and Mendy would be a recipe for disaster. 150m on social media cheerleaders. Mendy has been good recently though

Dembele would be amazing if he were actually able to play consistently. I think Dembele and Mendy would be a recipe for disaster. 150m on social media cheerleaders. Mendy has been good recently though
Quite frankly i do not see Mendy as having a future with us, although he will be with us next season, Dembele does come with baggage and that will be reflected in his price £ 75 million at most for us, he would also be part of a 4 man winger position so injuries would not be as devastating as Sane`s this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.